Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Mike Walker V Roberto Martinez

who was worse £4£ in relative terms

• Walker

• Martinez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an opnion piece. there's no quotes from Martinez saying he wants performance instead of points.

Back to you.

Ok it takes time.

Here is a direct quote from him when he was at Wigan.

Martinez said: "It's not important to get points, it's important to have an improved performance. Yes, I want to win or draw, but at the moment I would swap any points for a good solid performance."

Source: Mirror - Wigan boss Roberto Martinez would swap points for a good performance against Everton
00:15, 29 Aug 2009

Last edited:
That's an opnion piece. there's no quotes from Martinez saying he wants performance instead of points.

Back to you.

Told you so.

“At this stage I’d rather have the performances than the points. But in general terms we’re aware of the level of competition we face and the strong, exciting challenges we have ahead.”

Source: Teamtalk - Everton boss prefers performances to points
Date published: Friday 25th September 2015 12:53

Told you so.

“At this stage I’d rather have the performances than the points. But in general terms we’re aware of the level of competition we face and the strong, exciting challenges we have ahead.”

Source: Teamtalk: Everton boss prefers performances to points

Look at your boy go @orly

84 people think he was worse than Mike Walker

IMG_3780.webp

Ok it takes time.

Here is a direct quote from him when he was at Wigan.

Martinez said: "It's not important to get points, it's important to have an improved performance. Yes, I want to win or draw, but at the moment I would swap any points for a good solid performance."

Source: Mirror - Wigan boss Roberto Martinez would swap points for a good performance against Everton
00:15, 29 Aug 2009
Wasn't for or about Everton, irrelevant to the discussion.

Told you so.

Source: Teamtalk - Everton boss prefers performances to points
That's a fair cop. Taken out of context no doubt.

He was probably meaning if we start playing better footy we would reap the rewards. out of context I reckon.

I recalled he said the above quote last year. A lot of posters were fuming. Since that was a direct quote from him I don't think his words were taken out of context by the media. The reason I quoted the first quote when he was at Wigan is that it proves he has similar ideology/theory all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back