Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Mike Walker V Roberto Martinez

who was worse £4£ in relative terms

• Walker

• Martinez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Walker took over a crap team and maintained it's crapness. Bobby Martin took over a very good side and morphed it into bang average mid table fodder that had the resilience of fibreglass and was one of the easiest teams to beat in the entire league.

Goodnight x

Mike Walker took a team sitting 11th in the table to the bottom.

Moyes team wasnt a very good side. They were alright, not bad or anything but hardly world beaters. He didnt have one striker worth a carrot when he took over and a squad who had lots of aging players.

Not saying he did great or anything but...its Mike bloody Walker we are talking about here.

Everton's record breaking PL manager v a man who couldn't win a few games.

Great thread.

Next up: Pep Guardiola v Neil Warnock.
Record breaking PL manager? That is using the truth to paint lies... he got the most points in a season... so what? Moyes got us 4th place... so which is better?

Also this record breaking manager got the worst home record in the oldest club in the worlds entire history...

He's a record breaker alright

Did Mike Walker ever say a goalkeeper's experience was more important than how well he's playing?

Using that logic we would still have nev in goal... he would have 40 years of experience by now... just replacing Howard two years ago would have gained us 10 points a season IMO.

Surely the people who voted Martinez never actually sat though any matches under Walker.

At least with RM there were some optimistic moments. From Walker's first game (Swindon?) it was pretty bleak all the way.

That's not true... I seem to remember us winning 5-2 , 4-1 and scoring another 4 in his first few games

Record breaking PL manager? That is using the truth to paint lies... he got the most points in a season... so what? Moyes got us 4th place... so which is better?

Also this record breaking manager got the worst home record in the oldest club in the worlds entire history...

I'm just wondering which one he thinks is Pep Guardiola and which one is Warnock ?

Sometimes I do feel dave is G Jones in disguise or something. How on earth he can still praise the fraud now when he bloody failed? 72 points so what it got you 5th. And I tell you what anything he had done good in his first season was undone by what he did in his 2nd and 3rd, simply dreadful seasons. Martinez was truly a record breaker. Worst home PL records ever. Winning rate of sth like 29% in his last two seasons. Let alone the sacking caused the club dearly. Pretty obvious a lot of fans despire of him cos he is one hell of a joke.

This. 4th. More of a success than the 72 points trophy. Fact.

Meh...they are about the same ain't they. A decent thing to write home about, but at the end of the day pretty effing meaningless.

How? 4th got you CL qualifying game whether you made it was another question. That's why I said it was more of a success.

How? 4th got you CL qualifying game whether you made it was another question. That's why I said it was more of a success.

They both amounted to F all. They are pretty much the same thing. Both milestones that don't really mean a whole helluva lot in the big picture.

When you are ticking the fourth place trophy box in a decade of work and the 72 point trophy box in the three years following.

You are voting for meh about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back