Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Mike Walker V Roberto Martinez

who was worse £4£ in relative terms

• Walker

• Martinez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton's record breaking PL manager v a man who couldn't win a few games.

Great thread.

Next up: Pep Guardiola v Neil Warnock.

If you know you're history and all that.

I usually take peoples opinions on board but I am sorry, anyone who genuinely thinks that Martinez was in any way shape or form worse than Mike bloody Walker either wasn't around at the time or has no clue.

Surely the people who voted Martinez never actually sat though any matches under Walker.

At least with RM there were some optimistic moments. From Walker's first game (Swindon?) it was pretty bleak all the way.

I was caught on MOTD that day chanting "There's only one Mike Walker" :blush:

Mike Walker took over a crap team and maintained it's crapness. Bobby Martin took over a very good side and morphed it into bang average mid table fodder that had the resilience of fibreglass and was one of the easiest teams to beat in the entire league.

Goodnight x

Neither are as good as Mr David Moyes who took us to a historic fourth place finish. The best ever premier league season in Evertons history.

Hebrews 1:3
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high

Neither are as good as Mr David Moyes who took us to a historic fourth place finish. The best ever premier league season in Evertons history.

Hebrews 1:3
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high

Not sure I'd describe 4th place in the Prem as historic .....but yes Moyes saved us when he first came in after Smith was sacked and then he built up the club to the point where relegation fears became a thing of the past.

QUOTE="Runcornblue52, post: 4988545, member: 42948"]Not sure I'd describe 4th place in the Prem as historic .....but yes Moyes saved us when he first came in after Smith was sacked and then he built up the club to the point where relegation fears became a thing of the past.[/QUOTE]

Twas said in jest my son. The only thing that matters at the end of the season is silverware not 4th place or 72 points. Like @davek says "it's all about winning trophies".

Screenshot_20161031-223158.webp
[

QUOTE="Runcornblue52, post: 4988545, member: 42948"]Not sure I'd describe 4th place in the Prem as historic .....but yes Moyes saved us when he first came in after Smith was sacked and then he built up the club to the point where relegation fears became a thing of the past.

Twas said in jest my son. The only thing that matters at the end of the season is silverware not 4th place or 72 points. Like @davek says "it's all about winning trophies".

View attachment 30567 [[/QUOTE]

In 138 years .......9 league titles , 5 FA cups, 1 cup winners cup and 1 2nd division title . Are you sure that you and @davek are supporting the right team ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back