Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Mike Walker V Roberto Martinez

who was worse £4£ in relative terms

• Walker

• Martinez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez for me.

Walker was a crap manager for us sure. our worst ever you could say.

But martinez failed at the basics. so no matter how good elements were it was the basics which relegated one team and nearly destroyed us. and he done it with money to spend. walker didn't have the same resources.

The value of Money has changed in the 20 odd years....

Walker spent money, 2.2M for Samways was a lot at the time, 3M for Amokcahi was a crazy amount.

The value of Money has changed in the 20 odd years....

Walker spent money, 2.2M for Samways was a lot at the time, 3M for Amokcahi was a crazy amount.
True. I was a kid then so over my head haha

I loved amokachi though so I can g8ve him a bye for that signing

He had Limpar, Southall, Hinchcliffe, Ferguson (for a bit..), Watson, Cottee who were all good players at the time or players who should have been good if he bothered playing some of them.

Martinez had us in midtable, Walker had us facing certain doom.
But...we didn't go down did we ?? El Fraudo if he hadn't have been sacked would have seen to that as he did with Wigan..

Martinez all the way for me. would have been a sight being fly on wall with him whispering champions league to kenwright getting him slathering like a puppy

Obv it's Martinez - Walker was miles out of his depth but there's no way he can compete with Bobby's greatest hits: Worst home record since the Venerable Bede was going the game. Brought the entire spine of a relegated Wigan Athletic to Goodison Park - Robles, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Kone. Not to work the turnstiles, but to pull on the royal blue jersey and masquerade as football players. Signed a player who is 13 million times worse than Ali Dia.

Tbf to Walker he was just straightforwardly bad, so was never going to get three years to work up a body count of atrocities like Martinez. Martinez's first year gave him an unusual opportunity in that respect, which he jumped into feet first.

Everton's record breaking PL manager v a man who couldn't win a few games.

Great thread.

Next up: Pep Guardiola v Neil Warnock.

Everton's record breaking PL manager v a man who couldn't win a few games.

Great thread.

Next up: Pep Guardiola v Neil Warnock.
People have enjoyed this thread. Just make your vote and be at peace, it's closer than I thought it was gonna be.

And I do hope that you don't think the gap in quality between PG & NW is similar to the gap between RM & MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back