Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Mike Walker V Roberto Martinez

who was worse £4£ in relative terms

• Walker

• Martinez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is possibly the luckiest man alive to get the job in the first place and then walking away with an enormous pay off for being utter toilet.
Ditto, ditto, ditto

Who was the best dancer?
Never did see Walker dance, I suspect he'd have to go some to match Bobby.

He is possibly the luckiest man alive to get the job in the first place and then walking away with an enormous pay off for being utter toilet.

He got the pay out because of his contract , if there is a problem with it then blame those who gave it to him. Would you have said "I'm ok thanks Everton I don't want your money " ?

As for getting the job I think he had a reasonable claim for it , I think you could certainly argue he was lucky to get the Belgium job .

I'm not banging the drum for Martinez , I'm just trying to be honest . I loved the first year , loved it as it felt like a breath of fresh air . What happened afterwards was we went backwards , quickly and it got messy and frankly painful . Nobody enjoyed it , I certainly didn't , it was horrible but I wanted him to succeeed and I enjoyed that first year . When I say lucky I just mean a couple of games we could have won or hung on for results and I think his time here might have been different . We didn't and it wasn't .

Walker was a joke. Didn't show his face at training most of the time. The players all hated him as he was more interested in his tan thatn tactics.
Bobby was just a one trick pony who had no answers when his tactics were worked out.

Oh and Niasse.

Walker would have gnawed his own arm off for players like Barkley, Lukaku and Barry. To fail with players like that to the extent Martinez did is a new level of bad.

Amazed Walker is "winning" this poll.

He had Limpar, Southall, Hinchcliffe, Ferguson (for a bit..), Watson, Cottee who were all good players at the time or players who should have been good if he bothered playing some of them.

Martinez had us in midtable, Walker had us facing certain doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back