2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the worry should we go down the Moyes/Big Dunc route - quality strikers like Lukaku & potentially Kean slated because they dont run the channels like garbage like Strac, Bent & DCL.

hard work only takes you so far - you need the sprinkle of quality alongside it if we are to ever do anything than make up the numbers in this league.

Is it too much to expect both?

The teams at the top of the division aren't carrying any passengers. Their strikers run themselves silly, track back, make tackles etc. The only players I think can justifiably earn themselves a pass on that front are maybe Messi or Ronaldo, because they're offering so much down the other end that their teammates will happily do extra running for them.

If there are two players of roughly comparable talent and one puts a shift in and the other doesn't, it's not worth promoting the second just because he's got slightly better attributes, because doing so is going to destroy the entire team ethic which is the only chance a club like Everton has of bridging the gap to the biggest, best financed sides.

Honestly don't think so, if you sub your sub after 18 minutes without an injury occurring then the manager has to take responsibility for that failure. No need to make a show with 2 minutes remaining in normal time

There was roughly ten per cent of the actual playing time remaining and for the second half Man U had been on the front foot. If he can see something out there that he thinks he can address with what's left on the bench then he has to take action, even if there's some incidental damage to player relations.

That point could be very important to EFC come the end of the season. Team comes first, always!

This. I don't know why we are getting so worked up. The lad may end up being Gary Lineker or he may end up being Brett Angel. He isn't in the team, he isn't influencing games and there's no way he starts in the biggest game of the season on Wednesday.
tbh, he'll do well to make the bench if Siggi and Sidibe recover.

The teams at the top of the division aren't carrying any passengers. Their strikers run themselves silly, track back, make tackles etc. The only players I think can justifiably earn themselves a pass on that front are maybe Messi or Ronaldo, because they're offering so much down the other end that their teammates will happily do extra running for them.

If there are two players of roughly comparable talent and one puts a shift in and the other doesn't, it's not worth promoting the second just because he's got slightly better attributes, because doing so is going to destroy the entire team ethic which is the only chance a club like Everton has of bridging the gap to the biggest, best financed sides.
Spot on!

Yep, I've often observed that teams like City start matches with the kind of urgency we only seem to show when we've gone 1-0 down at home.

Also I'm pretty sure there's actually a sign at our training ground along the lines of "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Basically says that we didn’t originally want Kean, he wasn’t on the shortlist of strikers drawn up by Brands or Silva and he only came about after we were rejected by all the others, including Mario Mandzukic from Juve, which one might infer how the Kean conversations began.
In other words, not only did we not beat off competition from every other club in the world as some would have us believe, we didn't even want him ourselves.

of course not, but even if I had your point would be redundant given I’m not an elite level athlete who trains every day with fitness experts. A professional player should not be wrecked after 10 minutes unless they have some kind of bug or are coming back from an injury, he looked more knackered than the players who had been on for 80 odd minutes.

That's the problem, you have no idea about fitness in football. Paul Scholes said he needed a minimum of 6 games before he can perform at his optimum level. You can only get match fit by playing football - training itself isn't enough.

Also, when I played football, I would be blowing in the first 2 minutes and then after that it was okay like nothing has happened.

In other words, not only did we not beat off competition from every other club in the world as some would have us believe, we didn't even want him ourselves.

Looks like he was pushed at us by his agent Raola or whatever his name is. Shame but I can not see this lad succeeding here, is it us ? Or do we pick the wrong young players, Sandro and Kean were the most highly sought after, highest rated blah, blah. Not to late for Kean but I think he needs to start showing us things. Looks like Eggs was right.

Basically says that we didn’t originally want Kean, he wasn’t on the shortlist of strikers drawn up by Brands or Silva and he only came about after we were rejected by all the others, including Mario Mandzukic from Juve, which one might infer how the Kean conversations began.

One worrying thing about that story, if true, is that Mandzukic is nothing like Kean. Silva had been building towards a team that could deliver lots of quality crosses into the box and the strikers that were linked like Giroud or Mandzukic could've had a field day with some of the chances created in the early part of this season.

If those players wouldn't come, then that's fair enough and they have to move on. Shouldn't they still be looking at guys with the physical presence and aerial ability to do that role though?

One worrying thing about that story, if true, is that Mandzukic is nothing like Kean. Silva had been building towards a team that could deliver lots of quality crosses into the box and the strikers that were linked like Giroud or Mandzukic could've had a field day with some of the chances created in the early part of this season.

If those players wouldn't come, then that's fair enough and they have to move on. Shouldn't they still be looking at guys with the physical presence and aerial ability to do that role though?
Absolutely. I've been saying this all season. People were complaining about Silva's system not getting the best out of Kean, when the obvious criticism should have been that Kean was not suited to Silva's system. But people liked Kean and not Silva, so it got inverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.