Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else thinking we should walk away from this deal?

To me Schneiderlin is no better than Gana yet is 3 times the price

I think he's a decent player who'd make us stronger

The issue now is not really price in my mind, it's how long it's going to take

We needed someone in place for Gana leaving, but we're currently yet to get anyone and the clock is ticking

If we sign him in the next couple of days, then fine we'll be better for having him, but if it's a case where we're going to have to wait longer than that then it's not worth waiting IMO

Those throwing fume everywhere regarding why this wasn't done first day of the window should think what they would do if they were in Utd's very powerful position.

Take the first offer that presents itself or wait a few days, muddy the waters, use the journalists, crank up the pressure on the Club desperate to buy?

Nobody is blaming United though, they're blaming us for being so stingy over a couple of million. It's indicative of the 'old' Everton regime, not the new one.

That to me just sounds like they won't budge on the asking price, and they're forcing our hand to pay it. Frankly I find it pathetic that we're haggling this much over a couple of million. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Say you work for a badly ran company mate, with an inept boss, the company then gets,bought out by a successful new owner but he leaves your boss in charge still, that's us atm.

Elstone needs Bunning off away from the club and right now away from any dealings, if he's interfereing which has been intimated at, then moshiri needs to tell him point blank to stay out or be removed.

nail on head. This should have been an easy transfer. United don't want him, he wants to play for us - even the money they're asking for is reasonable so what's the problem? When a seemingly simple transfer like this takes nearly 2 weeks and we still need at least another 4 players it doesn't feel you with optimism.

The price isn't reasonable...Which is the problem.

Nobody is blaming United though, they're blaming us for being so stingy over a couple of million. It's indicative of the 'old' Everton regime, not the new one.

We don't know that Utd are not stalling, waiting, especially if they know there are 3 or 4 other clubs in the wings.

I'm sure football transfers are not as simplistic as people think, especially in January.

The price isn't reasonable...Which is the problem.
Value is what someone is willing to pay for something. We are woefully lacking in quality players, especially in our midfield. Here is one quality player willing to come here. While it's not exactly reasonable to pay £24m for a player who has BARELY featured in 2 years, it's not exactly UNREASONABLE either.

We don't know that Utd are not stalling, waiting, especially if they know there are 3 or 4 other clubs in the wings.

I'm sure football transfers are not as simplistic as people think, especially in January.

Nobody will give them more than the £24m they paid, its highly unlikely that we've met the price and they're holding us up. It's pure guesswork from both sides of the argument but I'd suggest us not matching their price is far more likely.

Struggling to see what all the fume is about, we clearly rate MS but not at the £24m Utd are wanting. In fact I'd be raging if we caved to them just like I would have been had we caved over Baines/Fellaini deal they wanted a few years back. No way should they get the £24m they paid, Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him or he doesn't fit their style of play (take your pick). Not buying these but we need to replace Gana shouts. He is gone for 3 weeks, it's hardly gonna change our league position. We are finishing 7th all day long.

At worst 9th in a doomsday scenario.

Speaking of reverse psychology.. I wonder how Steve Walsh & the Russian chap felt on Saturday? Disrespected? Angry? I would imagine a few hard words were spoken today. Especially when you considered Man Utd's position in this deal; still smarting from overpaying on Fellaini, having to recover as much as they can for Schneiderlin to reinvest (FFP even affects Man U) - I'd imagine their Monday morning meeting to have been something like '' Ignore the correspondence for 48 hours, they'll match the bid by Thursday if they want him signed by noon on Friday''. Cheers Ronald!

Struggling to see what all the fume is about, we clearly rate MS but not at the £24m Utd are wanting. In fact I'd be raging if we caved to them just like I would have been had we caved over Baines/Fellaini deal they wanted a few years back. No way should they get the £24m they paid, Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him or he doesn't fit their style of play (take your pick). Not buying these but we need to replace Gana shouts. He is gone for 3 weeks, it's hardly gonna change our league position. We are finishing 7th all day long.

At worst 9th in a doomsday scenario.

We ended up making the Manc's pay £27.5m for him, can't blame them for asking what they value Schneiderlin at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back