Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
One things for certain the Twitter ITK's have been well and truly exposed. This kid has had about 3 medicals so far.
Nobody is really ITK on anything really, point was proved last week with the finch farm sale. Nobody had the slightest idea. Anybody on here could start a rumour and it would spread like wildfire on Twitter in mins. Anybody falling for it only has themselves to blame.

He played 230 for the Saints, scoring 14 goals.

So if we do sign him, he won't add to our attacking-goal-scoring capabilities.

Well Chelsea couldn't seal the Koulibaly this summer or the stones deal last summer. City took a good while getting stones across the line this year.

Pogba was one of the most drawn out transfers ever and Utd have also been in long discussions over Lindelof because they're refusing to meet the asking price that benfica have set.

Difference is none of those club wished to sell the player really

But he'll walk into our team,and that's the difference.If the City's and Chelsea's really want a player who will be an automatic first team player they buy him.

Stones would have walked into Mourinho's Chelsea...

The "If it was a Chelsea or Man City they'd have just paid whatever asked..." argument is a nonsense. They're clearly more efficient in the market than us, but they're not fools - they don't pay above what they think a player is worth.

I'd also expect any player at any fee near that to walk into an Everton defensive midfield.

It's not hard to improve on Barry, McCarthy, Cleverley and so I don't think that's a factor really.

I genuinely don't think we'll finish 7th without a few signings mate.

And that's not really the point. The worry is that it's the same ineptitude that cost us in the summer...

Really?

We've been poor and we're 7th now, with West Brom, Bournemouth and Southampton sitting 6 points behind us.

We need a few in, someone in the final third to create, someone upfront so when it's not working we have something more than Kone and someone to come in to play alongside Gana when he's back but the chance really to achieve this season passed us by when the clowns didn't support Koeman adequately.

Chelsea? Like they did with John Stones?

Schneiderlin hasn't played for months, we'll finish 7th with or without him and we've got no chance of achieving anything of significance this season. Let's not go paying over the odds...

I also don't think signing Morgan Schneiderlin is competing with 'the big boys' - Schneiderlin wouldn't currently get into any top six side.
Pretty sure I wrote the same thing a few pages back. And I still agree. We as a fan base are desperate beyond belief, pay this pay that. Thing is I don't even think MS alone will make much of a difference. Is he really a huge upgrade on James McCarthy, heads falling off everywhere, and nobody actually knows why the holdup.

He's better than wanyama, can, wijnaldum, Henderson, xhaka, coqeilan, mate

Is he? Wonder why he can't get ahead of Fellaini and Carrick at Man Utd then...

I also wonder why no other club apart from West Brown are considering him.

Also, to those talking about goals/assists for Southampton, remember a fair few of those appearances were in lower divisions...

Well Chelsea couldn't seal the Koulibaly this summer or the stones deal last summer. City took a good while getting stones across the line this year.

Pogba was one of the most drawn out transfers ever and Utd have also been in long discussions over Lindelof because they're refusing to meet the asking price that benfica have set.
That is if Chelsea were in for him or just the media in action.And I don't think Stones is the first name on the City team sheet.I didn't mention United because since SAF retired they are heading more in our direction....Felliani.

Is he? Wonder why he can't get ahead of Fellaini and Carrick at Man Utd then...

I also wonder why no other club apart from West Brown are considering him.

Also, to those talking about goals/assists for Southampton, remember a fair few of those appearances were in lower divisions...

Gone from letting Arouna Kone score a hat-trick against him to bidding for Schneiderlin on his own, what a turnaround.

The "If it was a Chelsea or Man City they'd have just paid whatever asked..." argument is a nonsense. They're clearly more efficient in the market than us, but they're not fools - they don't pay above what they think a player is worth.

This. They also have a list of players and if they can't agree a fee quickly they move on. We moon over a player all transfer window then cry foul when it falls apart on deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back