Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They promised to be busy this month, they promised we have cash to spend. And they couldn't get the first higher transfer over the line. Respect
I am not what date it is in Germany but for most people there are three weeks left in the window.
We have already signed Lookman and we know that we are in negotiations for Schneiderlin at least.

I regard all the links to players like Manolas, Keane and others as fanciful until we hear something from more reputable sources

You're right mate. Barca could swoop any second.

PAY £30M KENWRONG.

My point is, his stock is very low at the moment, Koeman is his former manager and there isn't, at least for me, the need for the desperation shown in this thread.

If we don't sign him, I'll be leading the fume. I've already prepared the article and everything for when he signs.

His stock is low mate, but what that 'should have' knocked off his price has been basically inflated again by the way the market has gone up considerably since he was sold - so overall we are left in a situation where he is plainly Koemans priority target, United are in absolutely no need to sell unless we meet there demands, so who has the uper hand and whose in the position to state what hes worth ultimately?

As for the desperation in the thread, can see your point, then again after 20 odd years of seeing the same old stuff - maybe theres a huge cause for concern that whilst things seem to be changing in lots of ways off the pitch, the transfer dealing seem very much as you where, same clowns making a pigs ear of things etc...

Only paying what you think a player is worth regardless of the realities of the situation can quite easily see you treading water, how many players over the years have we missed out on due to not offering close to what was asked for example.

Mentioned the other day how shockingly few overseas players we've bought that have not previously played in Britain beforehand (last one that was a success was Pienaar probably), we do seem to either dither horrendously or go the polar opposite and buy someone off a youtube video like Niasse and Nyarko

Think this deal should have gone smoother but not overly bothered we are 2m apart with United's valuation.

United over payed for all their summer signings, though got a bargain getting in Ibrahimovic for nothing. Their lesser signings (But still quality) are the ones changing their fortunes.

We'll see whether their signings prove their worth in the future, they probably will. But point is they were absolutely mental forking our what they did in the Summer for, as of yet, not much reward. They should be in the top four sure. They bought big with Di Maria and he flopped massively. Martial was way overpriced and he's declined.

Gueye - A gem of a buy. Not saying we shouldn't spend to bring in quality. But you never truly know if you're going to get your value for money or not. Even with top quality. So if we're being pushed too far away from our price, move on. If we can negotiate a deal, great. But we seem to be taking too long to make a decision.

The most disappointing aspect of this for me, if I am honest is that the fee United are asking for is not unreasonable or exorbitant, particularly in the current market place or in a January window.

In any transfer situation you would accept we have to negotiate, and you shouldn't just automatically pay the asking price. Likewise United may not have shown their hand initially, so I can understand a 19 million pound bid. However when United came back saying they wanted 24 million, I can't help but feel it should have been a quick discussion and acceptance of those terms.

Haggling over 2 million does seem rather futile to me. I do accept there is a cut off point for any player. A point where you say that it is just too much money. However I really can't see why that would be 22 million for Schneiderlin? If it was, then why did we bid within 3 million of that figure as an opening bid? As a negotiation strategy it makes no sense.

We were braced to pay 30 million pounds for an equivalent player in Sissoko in the summer. Yet Schneiderlin looks like he's Koeman's first choice, has worked with him before, so why are we dithering to pay 24 million?

These are not just rhetorical questions. I think the reality is that people on our board have come to fetishise the concept of negotiation. As I have said above negotiation has a purpose but is a means to an ends not an ends itself. As I said in a market where a relegated Newcastle for 26 and 30 million for Wijanldum & Sissoko how does 24 million for Schneiderlin seem unreasonable? That must have been well within the bounds of what we expected to pay.

His stock is low mate, but what that 'should have' knocked off his price has been basically inflated again by the way the market has gone up considerably since he was sold - so overall we are left in a situation where he is plainly Koemans priority target, United are in absolutely no need to sell unless we meet there demands, so who has the uper hand and whose in the position to state what hes worth ultimately?

As for the desperation in the thread, can see your point, then again after 20 odd years of seeing the same old stuff - maybe theres a huge cause for concern that whilst things seem to be changing in lots of ways off the pitch, the transfer dealing seem very much as you where, same clowns making a pigs ear of things etc...

Only paying what you think a player is worth regardless of the realities of the situation can quite easily see you treading water, how many players over the years have we missed out on due to not offering close to what was asked for example.

Mentioned the other day how shockingly few overseas players we've bought that have not previously played in Britain beforehand (last one that was a success was Pienaar probably), we do seem to either dither horrendously or go the polar opposite and buy someone off a youtube video like Niasse and Nyarko

Fellaini? Coleman?

I think the degree of desperation is the fact that we need a player such as him, Gana has gone away and we lost our last game, Barry is in a slump and bar Tom Davies our midfield looks rank.

Coupled with the fact that this is a dance we have done many times before it all leads to the OMG get it done mentality that I and others are feeling, also maybe our manager given his comments at the weekend. Of course we dont wish to be considered mugs by just paying what United want, but as I think I said a few days ago, United want what they want, pay it and move on.

On top of that, Its not my bloody money mate, i honestly dont care if we spend 20, 25, 30m on the lad, all i know is that he is miles better than what we have and the team will improve and we will be more likely to not ruin my weekends.

We are negotiating and risking losing a very good player for basically the amount we paid to get mcgeady and his signing fee, not counting his wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back