Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

On top of that, Its not my bloody money mate, i honestly dont care if we spend 20, 25, 30m on the lad, all i know is that he is miles better than what we have and the team will improve and we will be more likely to not ruin my weekends.

We are negotiating and risking losing a very good player for basically the amount we paid to get mcgeady and his signing fee, not counting his wages

As I put above I don't mind the club negotiating. Any successful business will look to negotiate hard. But there does have to be some realism. What Esk said on Twitter is right. United don't need to sell him to us or anyone, especially mid season. They are in a strong negotiating position.

The other issue is, when you look to buy something, you generally toss some numbers about and try to get to a figure you'd ideally buy for and how much you are prepared to go too. I imagine 24 million must have fitted towards the two and been a lot closer to the first figure. We bid 30 million on Sissoko for goodness sake. It's not like United have asked for 45 million for him just to be awkward.

Fair enough making them "sweat" another day or 2 with a 22 million bid. Having had that rejected though they should just pay the money. Yes it will probably make Kenwright or whoever is interfering look stupid. In all honesty Schneiderlin and keeping our manager content is more important to me than his pride though. In brutal honesty if they'd have come back with 24 million pounds, and I was buying, I'd have given the advise which was something like "it's a very good price, we may be able to get a bit more out of them but it's in line with what we want so we should proceed".

Ahh....just another emotional rollercoaster of a day on GOT. What a ride.

enm4PTO.gif

Stones would have walked into Mourinho's Chelsea...

The "If it was a Chelsea or Man City they'd have just paid whatever asked..." argument is a nonsense. They're clearly more efficient in the market than us, but they're not fools - they don't pay above what they think a player is worth.

I'd also expect any player at any fee near that to walk into an Everton defensive midfield.

It's not hard to improve on Barry, McCarthy, Cleverley and so I don't think that's a factor really.

Really?

We've been poor and we're 7th now, with West Brom, Bournemouth and Southampton sitting 6 points behind us.

We need a few in, someone in the final third to create, someone upfront so when it's not working we have something more than Kone and someone to come in to play alongside Gana when he's back but the chance really to achieve this season passed us by when the clowns didn't support Koeman adequately.

Well, West Brom are only a point behind but I take your point.

The worry is, without Gana, and with a few injuries, the squad is threadbare. We drastically need certain areas targeting, and to get those players bedded in heading into next season. The sooner the better.

Does it need to be done within the next 24 hours or so for him to play against City? Probably miles off match fitness anyway, but i fear Koeman's fat head might explode if he has to field Barry or, God forbid, The Clev, up against Yaya and De Brunye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back