Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Barry: ✓
Better than McCarthy: ✓
Worked effectively under the current manager: ✓
Shown than he can perform as one of the better (some say best) central midfielders in the league: ✓

Yup, based on that then he's certainly not good enough. Some people here need to consider ringing their local AA as the sauce is getting to them.

i like your ticks there mate

Offering solutions?! The club don't pay me to offer solutions!

The point is - we are still mediocre and we are still lining up mediocre players to 'improve' us.

Meanwhile, Chelsea, the RS, Arsenal, Man City, even Spurs and Man Utd, look a million miles ahead of where we want to be.

Make no mistake about it - those
clubs will get better. Spurs have a gorgeous new stadium being built, Man Utd are lining up some world class players January and the summer, Liverpool didnt even have to get out of 2nd gear to beat us at our own place, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal have players I could only dream about.

It's depressing. You lot can get hyped for midtable signings like Schneiderlin, Bolasie and Ashley Williams. I want more. I want us to make a statement in the transfer window.

"Premier League proven" god give me strength. Some of you could double up as RAWK posters with the deluded drivel you come out with yet apparently I am the Liverpool supporter.
Fair enough. But realistically who can we attract with no European football to offer?

Better than Barry: ✓
Better than McCarthy: ✓
Worked effectively under the current manager: ✓
Shown than he can perform as one of the better (some say best) central midfielders in the league: ✓

Yup, based on that then he's certainly not good enough. Some people here need to consider ringing their local AA as the sauce is getting to them.

I think we all need to realize that until a player actually plays for us we wont know one way or another if they will be a good or bad signing.

If interest is serious and it gets to a point where the two clubs struggle to agree a fee, why not offer Utd first refusal on Lukaku, to sweeten the deal.

We obviously don't have to sell, but if we did, give them first refusal. It doesn't bother me him going to the mancs, and could potentially knock schneiderlin's price down offering that option.

Some people wouldn't be happy if we signed Messi as they think they know better than the manager.

Actually, maybe we shouldn't sign a player who has worked for Koeman very well, is a French international and has a lot of prem experience as some bloke with a fascination for some spirit medium thinks it would be a bad thing.

:coffee:

The point is - we are still mediocre and we are still lining up mediocre players to 'improve' us.

Meanwhile, Chelsea, the RS, Arsenal, Man City, even Spurs and Man Utd, look a million miles ahead of where we want to be.

clubs will get better. Spurs have a gorgeous new stadium being built, Man Utd are lining up some world class players January and the summer, Liverpool didnt even have to get out of 2nd gear to beat us at our own place, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal have players I could only dream about.

It's depressing. You lot can get hyped for midtable signings like Schneiderlin, Bolasie and Ashley Williams. I want more. I want us to make a statement in the transfer window.

"Premier League proven" god give me strength. Some of you could double up as RAWK posters with the deluded drivel you come out with yet apparently I am the Liverpool supporter.
Listen pal, calling other people RAWK members while complaining others are calling you a kopite, AND while we're trying to sort it out isn't gonna help.

I think we all need to realize that until a player actually plays for us we wont know one way or another if they will be a good or bad signing.
Of course that is to an extent true, although equally it's a bit of a glib answer and a cheap way for excusing people to talk absolute waffle.

Prior to anyone signing for a club, fans will judge whether they believe transfer will be a success based on a number of factors - all probability.

Would Aguero be a good signing for Everton? There's no certainty but it's highly likely. Equally other signings would be highly likely to fail.

Hence that's why a club will scout players before hand as they want to be confident that a player will improve them; it's not a shot in the dark.

Obviously there's no certainty with regards to Schneiderlin, however I'm more confident than not that he'd improve the squad considerably.

Some people wouldn't be happy if we signed Messi as they think they know better than the manager.

Actually, maybe we shouldn't sign a player who has worked for Koeman very well, is a French international and has a lot of prem experience as some bloke with a fascination for some spirit medium thinks it would be a bad thing.

:coffee:

I reckon Messi would be rubbish in the Premier League...

Are there any fees being mentioned when it comes to Schneiderlin?

Of course that is to an extent true, although equally it's a bit of a glib answer and a cheap way for excusing people to talk absolute waffle.

Prior to anyone signing for a club, fans will judge whether they believe transfer will be a success based on a number of factors - all probability.

Would Aguero be a good signing for Everton? There's no certainty but it's highly likely. Equally other signings would be highly likely to fail.

Hence that's why a club will scout players before hand as they want to be confident that a player will improve them; it's not a shot in the dark.

Obviously there's no certainty with regards to Schneiderlin, however I'm more confident than not that he'd improve the squad considerably.
Look how well mane, lovern, lallana and clyne have done at Liverpool. Personally I think schneiderlin was playing better than any of those players when he was at Southampton. I cannot explain why he isn't in favour at Utd, but I do know if he could replicate his saints form here we would have a quality addition to our team.

Derek, this is called our transition period which you're failing to acknowledge. When Man City got taken over by Thaksin Shinawatra, who did they go out and buy? They went and got players like Elano and Benjani, not Tevez and Aguero. It took time, and they had a few seasons before progress was made.

When Sheikh Mansour came in, they went and got Robinho as their star signing, and he turned out to be a flop. You could say there are similarities with us spending close to £30m on Bolasie who now has a long term injury, so forgetting any opinions on his ability, you could say that hasn't worked out well for us either. As well as Robinho, they bought Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bridge. I bet you would have ridiculed them signings at the time, but they weren't in the position to sign the top players due to their position.

That same window they bought Kompany and Zabaleta who weren't superstars themselves at the time, but went on to be instrumental for City in the next 5 years. I'm not suggesting we will replicate their success, but we've made steps to plan for the future by bringing in Steve Walsh, and he seems to have unearthed a gem in Idrissa Gueye.

When Joleon Lescott left us for them, City had just finished 10th, which is potentially similar to where we could end up this season. As I said, instant progress wasn't made and City had far more financial backing with Mansour than we do with Moshiri. However, we're in a far better position for the long term than we were in February, and the fans have to be realistic and patient.

Oh yeah you can deffo like the look of a player and assume how they will work in the side etc.

Mind you I said Gueye would be a good signing so I am practically an expert....:cool:

I'm messing by the way (about the expert thing, not Gueye)

Hello mate - Who do you mean by 'you lot?'

Schneiderlin's potential signing would appear to be meeting with almost universal approval from 'us lot' and by that I mean Evertonians and not just those who post on GOT.

Deluded drivel?

From the majority of the fan base?

Criticise us some more please mate, it's not becoming tiresome in the least.

Listen pal, calling other people RAWK members while complaining others are calling you a kopite, AND while we're trying to sort it out isn't gonna help.
Well I constantly get called a kopite mate and nothing gets done about it, people are still doing it.

I am just giving it back now. Will probably get banned but hey that's life, not going to change my opinion just because people don't like them.

At the end of the day, I know that I have probably spent more money and time on following the blues home and away than some of the paranoid members that live in here for a very long time and I will continue to do so.

Whilst loads here are fuming in matchday threads I have usually just spent 5 hours in the road and spent 100s to see us serve up the usual dross.

I am entitled to have a moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back