Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek, this is called our transition period which you're failing to acknowledge. When Man City got taken over by Thaksin Shinawatra, who did they go out and buy? They went and got players like Elano and Benjani, not Tevez and Aguero. It took time, and they had a few seasons before progress was made.

When Sheikh Mansour came in, they went and got Robinho as their star signing, and he turned out to be a flop. You could say there are similarities with us spending close to £30m on Bolasie who now has a long term injury, so forgetting any opinions on his ability, you could say that hasn't worked out well for us either. As well as Robinho, they bought Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bridge. I bet you would have ridiculed them signings at the time, but they weren't in the position to sign the top players due to their position.

That same window they bought Kompany and Zabaleta who weren't superstars themselves at the time, but went on to be instrumental for City in the next 5 years. I'm not suggesting we will replicate their success, but we've made steps to plan for the future by bringing in Steve Walsh, and he seems to have unearthed a gem in Idrissa Gueye.

When Joleon Lescott left us for them, City had just finished 10th, which is potentially similar to where we could end up this season. As I said, instant progress wasn't made and City had far more financial backing with Mansour than we do with Moshiri. However, we're in a far better position for the long term than we were in February, and the fans have to be realistic and patient.

Great post.

And what has RK and Mosh done to get you excited?

It feels like we have gone backwards if anything.

I know Rome wasn't built in a day. But hand on heart, do you honestly think Schneiderlin and players of that ilk is a good long term plan?

I just don't see what our strategy is anymore.

"Oh Man U want to get rid of some bang average players, let's make sure we are first in the queue!"

Same old story, different season. Time after time after time.

We never learn from previous mistakes.
I love that @davek liked this post lol

Never change Dave.

Never change.

Hello mate - Who do you mean by 'you lot?'

Schneiderlin's potential signing would appear to be meeting with almost universal approval from 'us lot' and by that I mean Evertonians and not just those who post on GOT.

Deluded drivel?

From the majority of the fan base?

Criticise us some more please mate, it's not becoming tiresome in the least.
You lot = the Grand Old Team forum members that do not accept differing opinions just because of a guy's username.

Well I constantly get called a kopite mate and nothing gets done about it, people are still doing it.
Not true, at least a dozen long standing members have received suspensions in the last week because of this.

I am just giving it back now. Will probably get banned but hey that's life, not going to change my opinion just because people don't like them.
Good.

At the end of the day, I know that I have probably spent more money and time on following the blues home and away than some of the paranoid blurts that live in here for a very long time and I will continue to do so.
Reported.

I am entitled to have a moan.
Diddums.

Derek, this is called our transition period which you're failing to acknowledge. When Man City got taken over by Thaksin Shinawatra, who did they go out and buy? They went and got players like Elano and Benjani, not Tevez and Aguero. It took time, and they had a few seasons before progress was made.

When Sheikh Mansour came in, they went and got Robinho as their star signing, and he turned out to be a flop. You could say there are similarities with us spending close to £30m on Bolasie who now has a long term injury, so forgetting any opinions on his ability, you could say that hasn't worked out well for us either. As well as Robinho, they bought Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bridge. I bet you would have ridiculed them signings at the time, but they weren't in the position to sign the top players due to their position.

That same window they bought Kompany and Zabaleta who weren't superstars themselves at the time, but went on to be instrumental for City in the next 5 years. I'm not suggesting we will replicate their success, but we've made steps to plan for the future by bringing in Steve Walsh, and he seems to have unearthed a gem in Idrissa Gueye.

When Joleon Lescott left us for them, City had just finished 10th, which is potentially similar to where we could end up this season. As I said, instant progress wasn't made and City had far more financial backing with Mansour than we do with Moshiri. However, we're in a far better position for the long term than we were in February, and the fans have to be realistic and patient.
Who is our Robinho signing to send a message out mate? Bolasie?

You honestly think we will be competing with Man City off and on the field in 3 years?

You are entirely wrong.

Several members have been warned for this over the last seven days.

If you continue down the same route, you will recieve the same.
Fair enough mate I wasn't aware.

Not going to change my stance on us though - we are going nowhere fast.

Anyway, I have said my piece. Off out to finish Xmas shopping.

Have a good one.

And what has RK and Mosh done to get you excited?

It feels like we have gone backwards if anything.

I know Rome wasn't built in a day. But hand on heart, do you honestly think Schneiderlin and players of that ilk is a good long term plan?

I just don't see what our strategy is anymore.

"Oh Man U want to get rid of some bang average players, let's make sure we are first in the queue!"

Same old story, different season. Time after time after time.

We never learn from previous mistakes.

Sniderman is a wonderful footballer.

I bet Real Madrid are gutted with their United reject.

Who is our Robinho signing to send a message out mate? Bolasie?

You honestly think we will be competing with Man City off and on the field in 3 years?

I mentioned that as a comparison yes. Maybe not the statement that was made by City when they signed Robinho granted, but that didn't exactly work out for them did it, and my point was that it took them time.

As for your second point, the situation has changed since Man City's takeover, and we don't have the same finances behind us as they do. However, why can't we challenge them in 3 years time? Are we in a much better financial position now than we were in February? Yes. Are we set to move to a top class new stadium with a much bigger capacity in the relatively near future? Yes. And despite their millions, did City actually win the league last season, or Billionaires Chelsea, or was it in fact little Leicester City? If they can challenge Man City with their small resources, and being a far smaller club than Everton, then why can't we challenge once we've made some improvements on and off the pitch?

Whilst loads here are fuming in matchday threads I have usually just spent 5 hours in the road and spent 100s to see us serve up the usual dross.

I am entitled to have a moan.

6b5b19e27ed13f1544bafdfb948e5b91_400x400.jpeg

Offering solutions?! The club don't pay me to offer solutions!

The point is... you appear to constantly lambast everything and everybody for having 'solutions' yet never offer an alternative.

There's seems a distinct likelihood that Morgan Schneiderlin will sign from Manu in January and you're underwhelmed with that prospect.
That's fine.
However... whilst you express you're dissatisfaction, you don't suggest who you would like to see us try to sign... you strangle the debate with your overwhelming negativity.

You say you're a blue and yet you don't appear to want to stimulate the debate with 'solutions' of your own.

And you wonder why people suspect you're not what you profess to be.

Most, if not all, of the forum members are equally as unhappy with current standards, performances and results, but at least enter into the spirit of a forum with alternative points of view... you just choose to lambast, harangue and quite frankly annoy just about everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back