Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mccarthy was injured when we signed him and no doubt get injured again soon.
Oh the comedy.
McCarthy was indestructable for the first season and a half and had barely missed any games in his career before that.
If he does struggle with injuries now it's down our poor management of him and training methods that aren't suited to his playing style.

Oh the comedy.
McCarthy was indestructable for the first season and a half and had barely missed any games in his career before that.
If he does struggle with injuries now it's down our poor management of him and training methods that aren't suited to his playing style.

I'm not blaming him for it. I'm just stating a fact. He is injured a lot.

I'm not blaming him for it. I'm just stating a fact. He is injured a lot.
He is now, but he never was. Bobby himself came out last season and said it was the training methods and diet that weren't suited to his style of play but they had a way to fix it and it worked for a short while until he got an unrelated injury.
I bet Ronnie has come in decided that his special training should go, and that he should do the same as everyone else. Result back to square one with soft tissue injuries.

There is no doubting Siggurdson's ability nor the importance he has to Swansea. He is a brilliant player for them
But does that translate to the role, and his effectiveness, if he was transferred to a better team. At Swansea he has a free role, he basically has a free role in midfield. If he goes to a better team and that role has to be curtailed to fit into a system where he is not getting in the way of other players, is he then the same player. Sometimes a very good "Jack of all trades" is not better than a master of one.
To tie this ramble into the Schneiderlin thread, we bought a defensive midfielder, one who doesn't score many goals because that is what we needed. The pity is we didn't buy some more of what we needed in thus window.

Let's see what he brings. It's all well and good saying he'll do this and he'll do that and he's a player who you dont notice but is effective for it. You simply dont know until he's playing for your club. You may have seen a youtube package or remember a game or two here and there for S'ton, but it's not solid evidence.

Personally, I think he's a nothing player with no major strength who can now and again shine with an eye catching pass. If he's as useful as a Carsley or McCarthy when he first arrived though we'll have spent well. But we just dont know yet.

So having bored people off in the Koeman thread you thought you'd just pop into this one now and spread the negativity - hallelujah!! It's just getting so tedious and boring now! Any way Schneiderlin - great buy in my view!

Who would you have signed instead mate? Modric? Iniesta?

Your dour outlook on everything, literally everything Everton, is just depressing.

No he'd have preferred we kept Alcaraz, Cleverley, Niasse McGeady, etc! And continued playing Gibson, and Kone!

Let's see what he brings. It's all well and good saying he'll do this and he'll do that and he's a player who you dont notice but is effective for it. You simply dont know until he's playing for your club. You may have seen a youtube package or remember a game or two here and there for S'ton, but it's not solid evidence.

Personally, I think he's a nothing player with no major strength who can now and again shine with an eye catching pass. If he's as useful as a Carsley or McCarthy when he first arrived though we'll have spent well. But we just dont know yet.

You think he's a nothing player? Based on what exactly? The fact that Man U paid a lot for him must mean he showed something shouldn't it?

Or are you basing this on a YouTube package?

Or did you watch 30 or so of his games for saints?

Most of my mates are saints fans and they all wanted him to stay...

He played 32 games at United in two seasons and scored one goal.

Certain players suite certain teams, system and managers... you can't say he is a nothing player with no strengths .,. Not when you can see that he was a decent player at saints.

I'm telling you nothing about his game; I'm stating the position was well catered to..

Bollocks

Nobody knew the impact Davies would have before Schneiderlin signed. Who's to say he might not fade a bit due to his inexperience?

Gueye is obviously class.

Barry is right at the arse end of his career and can no longer play a full game.

McCarthy is a sicknote. Hardly reliable is he?

Besic is a gust of wind away for being out for half a season.

Gibson lol

Hardly stacked if you consider the above.

As for Sigurdson who you keep mentioning; unlike Hull who have given up, Swansea are actively signing players in the window in an attempt to beat the drop. They're not gonna sell their best player are they?!

Would he have kicked us on? Debatable. Flopped at spurs and shining in a team of utter crabs at Swansea.

Lol

So basically @davek would have signed a player that had a good season... got a move to a big club... then didn't perform well..?

So basically the same situation as snides ..

But he's using snides bad time at Man U to say he's a nothing player...

I'm not against or for him as a player. He no doubt has qualities. But I along with everyone else will find that out when he has a number of games behind him here at Everton, because we have only a passing knowledge of him right now. That's the point.

No doubt has qualities?

You called him a "nothing player with no strengths"

I hunk the sad thing with Dave is that his often accurate observations are overshadowed and overlooked by his tendency to have a downer on everything! He is right in what he says about Schneiderlin being a gamble as his style of play might have been perfect for Saints and no use anywhere else? But having said that didn't Siggurdson bomb at Spurs? Same thing really, so all we can do is hope for the best and only be negative when a player has proven to have failed!

Yes, Koeman does. But you know a surface reality of how he plays, nothing any deeper than that. Its just a selective comparison of opta stats and video packages. Nonsense stuff.

Same could be said for any player we sign mate and tbh, you have no idea how much football I, or anyone else for that matter, watches. So whilst you may think that, I think it's a load of nonsense you're talking on this subject mate.

No, that's a separate issue: that has to do with the strategic acquisition of a player in a position of the pitch we need not have bought given our strength in depth there. It's not a commentary on his value - or otherwise.
You don't often disappoint Dave. That's the exact answer I was expecting.

I agree with you that CM was not my priority for this window, but if he improves the starting XI then it's a purchase well made.

If, and it's a huge if, we still buy a playmaker and back up striker this window, will you then change your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back