Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know Sigurdsson is any good though? You've no idea what kind of player he is until he plays in our team, you know nothing other than the surface reality of how he plays. Need to watch YouTube less by the sounds of things.
I dont know all his game. That's correct. I know enough of it to know what position he plays though and I know he's been an accomplished PL player thus far. I'm sure if he played for Everton I'd see the warts as well as the beauty of his game. But then I dont claim to know he'd be a success here.

Last edited:
You think he's a nothing player? Based on what exactly? The fact that Man U paid a lot for him must mean he showed something shouldn't it?

Or are you basing this on a YouTube package?

Or did you watch 30 or so of his games for saints?

Most of my mates are saints fans and they all wanted him to stay...
Yes. I think so. Given what I've seen.

Time will tell. That's the point: those saying he will do this and he will do that just aren't in a position to state that. A simple point made and ignored by the fish wives on here who just cant resist skipping over all post content because they get a thrill out of hounding someone on a football forum who takes the opposite viewpoint.

Bollocks

Nobody knew the impact Davies would have before Schneiderlin signed. Who's to say he might not fade a bit due to his inexperience?

Gueye is obviously class.

Barry is right at the arse end of his career and can no longer play a full game.

McCarthy is a sicknote. Hardly reliable is he?

Besic is a gust of wind away for being out for half a season.

Gibson lol

Hardly stacked if you consider the above.

As for Sigurdson who you keep mentioning; unlike Hull who have given up, Swansea are actively signing players in the window in an attempt to beat the drop. They're not gonna sell their best player are they?!
Terrible analysis. Who do you think we are at present mate, Barcelona or Bayern Munich? You think the CM options we had before Schneiderlin was bought wasn't as strong as any club's in this division apart from 3 or 4?

It's a waste. And now it looks like one hell of a waste given the window is shutting and apparently that's the end of business for us. A scandalous misuse of resources.

No doubt has qualities?

You called him a "nothing player with no strengths"
I'd describe Davies as that too. And the lad knows it too and has (refreshingly) acknowledged it. You can be that player and still do a hell of a job...which is why I said at the outset if Schneiderlin turns into a Carsley or McCarthy in his first 18 months before injury hit him then we have a good player.

Same could be said for any player we sign mate and tbh, you have no idea how much football I, or anyone else for that matter, watches. So whilst you may think that, I think it's a load of nonsense you're talking on this subject mate.
I can honestly say, speaking for myself, that I only ever appreciate what a player does once they play for Everton. For me it's the ONLY time I can focus fully on their strengths and weaknesses.

How anyone not employed to do so can look at players at other clubs and give a similar in depth scrutiny I dont know. Hats off. But that sounds like a stretch to me.

You don't often disappoint Dave. That's the exact answer I was expecting.

I agree with you that CM was not my priority for this window, but if he improves the starting XI then it's a purchase well made.

If, and it's a huge if, we still buy a playmaker and back up striker this window, will you then change your position.
No, I'll still think it was a use of resources that defies belief given our relative strength there. If we dont get one of those - which looks likely now - then that misuse of resources will be compounded.

@davek brings up good points. For me, cm wasn't an area in desperate need of upgrading. Going into this window a striker of some note should have been priority number one followed up by someone who can actually create some chances.

@davek brings up good points. For me, cm wasn't an area in desperate need of upgrading. Going into this window a striker of some note should have been priority number one followed up by someone who can actually create some chances.

It absolutely was. People are being revisionist about it because of the emergence of Davies. Even now that he's 'arrived' we can't rely on him as an 18 year old. Not that I'm saying he'll definitely drop off or anything - it's just risky management to lumber the quality of our midfield on a kid who's just come in.

Terrible analysis. Who do you think we are at present mate, Barcelona or Bayern Munich? You think the CM options we had before Schneiderlin was bought wasn't as strong as any club's in this division apart from 3 or 4?

It's a waste. And now it looks like one hell of a waste given the window is shutting and apparently that's the end of business for us. A scandalous misuse of resources.

I think i've just twigged onto something... You're fishing and I've been falling for it.

Better late than never.

It absolutely was. People are being revisionist about it because of the emergence of Davies. Even now that he's 'arrived' we can't rely on him as an 18 year old. Not that I'm saying he'll definitely drop off or anything - it's just risky management to lumber the quality of our midfield on a kid who's just come in.
He didn't arrive on the doorstep from Amazon on the morning of the City game mate. Koeman knew all about him since the summer.

No, I'll still think it was a use of resources that defies belief given our relative strength there. If we dont get one of those - which looks likely now - then that misuse of resources will be compounded.
I know I gave you a hypothetical scenario mate so it's all conjecture anyway, but that answer makes zero sense. Why would anyone not support a purchase that improves the team, bearing in mind other "priorities" had now been addressed.

It just confirms that, once you have made up your mind on something, you are incredibility stubborn, and helps feed the view of most members who think you're just a massive WUM.

I think everyone was in panic mode due to Gana being gone. He is coming back. Besic is almost back. McCarthy plays in there and Barry does as well. It wasn't a pressing issue as far as I'm concerned. Bigger more glaring holes elsewhere on the field. This team needs more attack not more defensive mids.

I know I gave you a hypothetical scenario mate so it's all conjecture anyway, but that answer makes zero sense. Why would anyone not support a purchase that improves the team, bearing in mind other "priorities" had now been addressed.

It just confirms that, once you have made up your mind on something, you are incredibility stubborn, and helps feed the view of most members who think you're just a massive WUM.
It does make sense: if we bought a CM who improved the starting line up it would have less impact than buying a playmaker/forward who improved the starting line up...because the need is greater further up the field to get better.

All of this stuff about "WUM" - dont fall in with the gaggle of posters on here who's only role in life it seems is to see me get a suspension. You're better than that, I know you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back