Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting bored with this, but hey ho.

Is it just me that thinks if another Everton manager had signed Morgs for £20/£24m, (delete as applicable), some people might be less critical of the price to player ratio?

Oh well its up to Dave if he thinks we overpaid, personally I do think we overpaid a bit with regards Bolasie for example, if the 27m price is "correct", I know its "with add ons", but hey ho, we even probably overpaid for Williams, again, if the 12m price is correct, you look at the squad and we are so used to getting utter bargains like Arteta, Cahill, Gana and getting massive money for our players Felli, Lescott.

To be fair to Dave, I do see his point, we paid the price Utd wanted for a player they had deemed not needed, but, they wanted 24m, somebody else would have paid, maybe, we wanted the player, at the time, we needed that player, so we paid the money, its what teams do, teams that want to succeed.

So, did we overpay for Morgan? Probably, do we care? Not a jot, its really, really not my money, it wont bother me in any shape or form, so I honestly dont care how much we pay for players, as long as we sign the 1s we want.

They will manage fine in the championship mate, the place they never came close to dropping into whilst he played for them.

We may have ended up mid table on a couple of occasions but we certainly looked close to the drop during long periods of two out of the three seasons he was with us. Mainly because we weren't scoring nearly enough goals. The problem we have this season ( not Bolasie related) is that we can't stop conceding goals. Tuesday was the first clean sheet since December 2015. Scoring hasn't been a problem since Bolasie left. We used the dough for Benteke.
The main reason that he was an asset for us was because when he AND Zaha played together they were completely interchangeable and teams found it impossible to double up on both.
He was a very exciting player for us and capable of occasional brilliance. I liked him as an entertainer, but for the money we got, I thought we got a good deal. I hope he is progressing and comes back fitter, stronger and more consistent.

I like Gueye and have said so umpteen times. He is the one stand out. I rated Williams before he got here so I can't slate Koeman for buying him, but he's been massively underwhelming. Stekelenburg is a clown. Bolasie is a chicken with no head. Schneiderlin is a decent signing...for £15m.

Palace: yeah, all those assists and goals from Bolasie kept them up....oh no, he scored 3 per season and had a hand in 4 other goals. The streets of South London must have been flooded with Palace fan tears when he was sold on. Maybe ask @Alan Whittle and other Palace-Everton fans on here how they felt at the great man's departure?

Now you have been so publicy and swiftly (one full game is all it took) embarrassed about Schneids you have gone back to Yannick.

Why do you bother watching if it causes you so much anguish?

Fair enough. £24m it was then. What a bargain eh?!

460decodanieldalzennaroepa.jpg

Many also considered we overpaid when we paid 28m for Lukaku. Any signing that doesn't come off is going to be labelled as a waste of money, or that teams have overpaid. Do we think the likes of Pogba, martial, sakho, otamendi, lamela, etc. have justified their price tags? Alternatively many looked at the prices paid for mane and de Bruyne and said their respective clubs had overspent. Now they are deemed 'successful' purchases. At the end of the day not all managers are going to get every signing right, look at some of fergie's signings and he's arguably the greatest manager ever. It's all about getting the right balance, as long as the majority of your signings add something to your team and strengthens it, then they have done well. For what it's worth, although it's early days, I'd say koeman and Walsh have done well and are very much 'in credit' with the players they have brought to the club.

Last edited:

Getting bored with this, but hey ho.

Is it just me that thinks if another Everton manager had signed Morgs for £20/£24m, (delete as applicable), some people might be less critical of the price to player ratio?
It is insufferable. I'd put him back on ignore but the whole site is then people arguing with an invisible man.
MS is a fantastic signing at any price, he improves the team and that is all that matters.

Can't believe people (dave) are moaning about the fee. Jeffrey Schlupp and Robbie Brady have just gone for £12m and £13m respectively ffs.

If Watford and Hull take up their option to buy deals we've basically swapped him for Cleverley and Niasse and shaved a bit off the wage bill. Surely that's a good thing.

Oh well its up to Dave if he thinks we overpaid, personally I do think we overpaid a bit with regards Bolasie for example, if the 27m price is "correct", I know its "with add ons", but hey ho, we even probably overpaid for Williams, again, if the 12m price is correct, you look at the squad and we are so used to getting utter bargains like Arteta, Cahill, Gana and getting massive money for our players Felli, Lescott.

To be fair to Dave, I do see his point, we paid the price Utd wanted for a player they had deemed not needed, but, they wanted 24m, somebody else would have paid, maybe, we wanted the player, at the time, we needed that player, so we paid the money, its what teams do, teams that want to succeed.

So, did we overpay for Morgan? Probably, do we care? Not a jot, its really, really not my money, it wont bother me in any shape or form, so I honestly dont care how much we pay for players, as long as we sign the 1s we want.

This, in a nutshell.

Edit: Missed the name change. Is right MG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back