Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might come on leaps and bounds and in dimensions I/we dont think possible. But he looks like a different type of player to that. Tbf to him, he accepts he doesn't have a great repertoire of moves he can deploy and that he'll work on doing the stuff he is good at even better. That is very commendable and very astute for someone of his age.

I do see it in him tho... his passing and ball retention is quality for someone of his age... and his first time passes for Coleman and lukaku goals show me that he does know where he's going to put the ball before it arrives... this should only improve with time... I think he will be able to play that position in the future... but saying that... I love the fact he's a box to box midfielder and would prefer him to be that type of player if I'm honest... I love all action type players ... just my preference tho

This, in a nutshell.

I don't think that we did overpay tho... since he signed for Man U players like Ibe have moved for 15m because of the tv money.... the prices inflated since moths went there... so buying him for the same money is relative to getting him cheaper if you know what I mean... players like Scott hogan are being classed as 15m players now...

Edit: Missed the name change. Is right MG.

He really is going to be our "enforcer" for the next 5/6 years isnt he . Him & Gana gonna boss it .

Without doubt future captain....loved it him in the thick of it when the ref & linesman were debating our goal last night.

Edit.
How much did we pay ?

Couldnt give a gnats chuff.

Let's cut to the chase. WBA bid £17m and dropped out; Everton are paying £24m.

End of story really, and the fact you are now desperate to massage down the fee paid for Schneiderlin suggest you know Koeman paid way too much.
Why lie? Is your position on this so tenuous and obviously driven by your ridiculous agenda that you have to create falsehoods in order to try and justify it?

They made a number of bids and were reported as having tabled a bid the same as ours I.e. £20m plus add ons of £4m.

Why did Pulis say the player chose us, if they hadn't got to the point of having a bid accepted, when they'd already had £19m rejected by United?

In your own time

Why lie? Is your position on this so tenuous and obviously driven by your ridiculous agenda that you have to create falsehoods in order to try and justify it?

They made a number of bids and were reported as having tabled a bid the same as ours I.e. £20m plus add ons of £4m.

Why did Pulis say the player chose us, if they hadn't got to the point of having a bid accepted, when they'd already had £19m rejected by United?

In your own time
WBA held no hand up to a £20m bid for that player. You can say it was reported all you want but they lost interest way before that point. When that happened Everton should have dug in against United knowing that there was no more interest for him at that sort of price and that the player wanted to come here. Instead the Dutchman threw his toys out of the pram after the Leicester defeat and Jose and United couldn't believe their luck that they had Evertons negotiating team over a barrel. He cost Everton about £7m more than they needed to spend because he couldn't keep his discipline and allow the negotiations to come to a more reasonable end for EFC.

WBA held no hand up to a £20m bid for that player. You can say it was reported all you want but they lost interest way before that point. When that happened Everton should have dug in against United knowing that there was no more interest for him at that sort of price and that the player wanted to come here. Instead the Dutchman threw his toys out of the pram after the Leicester defeat and Jose and United couldn't believe their luck that they had Evertons negotiating team over a barrel. He cost Everton about £7m more than they needed to spend because he couldn't keep his discipline and allow the negotiations to come to a more reasonable end for EFC.

Oh well, havent we wanted that for years?

A manager to come out and tell the powers that be to pull their fingers out and get deals done?

Surely thats what everybody demands of their football club?

We overpaid by 14m, happy now? Great stuff, on we go.

If a team came in for him in the summer how much should we take Dave ?

United wanted to recoup their money on him and were prepared not to sell. They didn't have us over a barrel as we could've walked away. We saw value in the price and paid it. This is (another) non argument!

Read a few valid points about the manager being in credit for making some decent signings (Morgz included), what percentage of the credit are we allotting to Walsh and his new team?

You'd think in the case of Morgz, that RonK led the way. In other cases it might be the other way around.

They've both been very transparent and said they work in sync identifying and agreeing on targets. So I assume they both take responsibility when one goes wrong?

The transparency is definitely a positive. It should remove any possibility of something like Niasse happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back