Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of WBA bid over £20m for Schneiderlin are you struggling with?

How could we have got him at the price you've decided is his true value when someone else had bid more than that price?

Seriously man, go give your head a wobble, you making less sense than Prof on rawk FFS.
There was no WBA bid over £20m. What part if that fact are you not understanding?

..although Davies already looks like he's got more to his game. He really looks to utilise space behind his opponent and that little one-two he played to burst in the box was encouraging. Be interesting to see how Davies develops.
Don't forget, we've seen that from McCarthy in the past - not enough but he has done it. So it's not like he can't get that side of his game out...if the manager is up to the coaching....

There was no WBA bid over £20m. What part if that fact are you not understanding?
Only according to reports there was, but let's play your game and pretend that their top bid was £19m - which was rejected.

We paid £20m plus add ons.

How have we overpaid by £6/7m then?

Players who are worse than Bolasie/Schneiderlin.. costing less than Bolasie/Schneiderlin?

This is headline news. :hayee:

You've posted that Schneiderlin is worth max £17/18m - we paid £20m in what is naturally a window which has inflated prices.

Even though I disagree that we overpaid for Morgan - you seem to be disagreeing with yourself here :coffee:.
The figure is £24m apparently, although I've seen quotes it was more.

I don't see where I've contradicted myself.

Don't forget, we've seen that from McCarthy in the past - not enough but he has done it. So it's not like he can't get that side of his game out...if the manager is up to the coaching....

..you know I've wondered if he might have more to his game. A few seasons ago he ran onto a ball at pace and moved it first time with the outside of his foot into Lukaku who scored. It demonstrated another dimension but it's something you rarely see so I doubt that's part of his game and I don't blame coaches if he's not displaying that aspect.

Not outside the financial elite of the PL who get charged daft prices because selling clubs know they can demand it of them. The past two windows have now placed Everton in that category of soft touches. £27m for Bolasie, I ask you. Had off completely. Even Palace supporters coming on this forum were incredulous.

We've seen it about twice in three and a half years.
What have you got against this player mate? It seems personal for you and others. Your manager certainly doesn't share your views. And you seem to think his judgement is one to place faith in.

It's all very odd.

Not outside the financial elite of the PL who get charged daft prices because selling clubs know they can demand it of them. The past two windows have now placed Everton in that category of soft touches. £27m for Bolasie, I ask you. Had off completely. Even Palace supporters coming on this forum were incredulous.

I reckon we were placed in that category when we paid £13.5m for a janitor from Senegal you know.

Even more so now they see how they paid that plus £5m for Benteke.

But anyrate. Morgs looks a fine addition to the team/squad. No complaints from me.

Championship sides pay 10 and 15 million for players now. But you know that.

Only according to reports there was, but let's play your game and pretend that their top bid was £19m - which was rejected.

We paid £20m plus add ons.

How have we overpaid by £6/7m then?
Let's cut to the chase. WBA bid £17m and dropped out; Everton are paying £24m.

End of story really, and the fact you are now desperate to massage down the fee paid for Schneiderlin suggest you know Koeman paid way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back