Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope he does. We need new ideas and tactics, and I just dont see Moyes changing.

Well if Moyes did walk we wouldn't have any problems with Wolves and Newcastle because we'd be playing Watford and Nottingham Forest instead.

Hi Villa fan in peace.

Regarding Moyes, I don't think he would join us but not for the reasons stated. First of all I think he's far to loyal of a manager to leave you for pretty much a sideways step and I would respect him for that. This is mainly due to the quality of the squads now, rather then money. Personally I think you a much better first eleven then us, but obviously you lack the depth compared to ourselves, although we were in a similar position a few years ago having youngsters on the bench.

Regarding the money, it is there and would be the only reason Moyes would join us. We aren't skint, and we're in a healthy financial state, the only problem is the wages. Martin O'Neill put players such as Habib Beye on huge contracts meaning we have a higher wage bill then Spurs. This is thought to be the reason why he left as Lerner would only give him funds if he reduced the wage bill, since then Houllier has come in and the wage bill has been reduced, therefore funding has been provided. Of course it is easy to say that those funds came from the Milner sale, but with only a short space of time in January we were happy with the spending we had made, therefore no other signings had to be made at the time. Although we were unsuccessful trying to sign Charlie Adam. Now we have a whole summer, we can offload more deadwood on the big wages such as John Carew and will used as 'extra' funds for our budget. I'm not saying we'll be going out spending 40m, but with Ashley Young likely to go we will have a decent sized kitty. Regarding our stadium, it hasn't been upgraded yet, as we're not selling out Villa Park but it is likely to start being revamped next summer.

Anyways, ignore me if you want I know what its like having other fans coming onto your forum and talking about their clubs when people don't want to listen :D Good luck for next season though, always liked Everton a club very much like Aston Villa with a great history and fan base and would much rather see you do well then the likes of Tottenham and Man City.

Hi Villa fan in peace.

Regarding Moyes, I don't think he would join us but not for the reasons stated. First of all I think he's far to loyal of a manager to leave you for pretty much a sideways step and I would respect him for that. This is mainly due to the quality of the squads now, rather then money. Personally I think you a much better first eleven then us, but obviously you lack the depth compared to ourselves, although we were in a similar position a few years ago having youngsters on the bench.

Regarding the money, it is there and would be the only reason Moyes would join us. We aren't skint, and we're in a healthy financial state, the only problem is the wages. Martin O'Neill put players such as Habib Beye on huge contracts meaning we have a higher wage bill then Spurs. This is thought to be the reason why he left as Lerner would only give him funds if he reduced the wage bill, since then Houllier has come in and the wage bill has been reduced, therefore funding has been provided. Of course it is easy to say that those funds came from the Milner sale, but with only a short space of time in January we were happy with the spending we had made, therefore no other signings had to be made at the time. Although we were unsuccessful trying to sign Charlie Adam. Now we have a whole summer, we can offload more deadwood on the big wages such as John Carew and will used as 'extra' funds for our budget. I'm not saying we'll be going out spending 40m, but with Ashley Young likely to go we will have a decent sized kitty. Regarding our stadium, it hasn't been upgraded yet, as we're not selling out Villa Park but it is likely to start being revamped next summer.

Anyways, ignore me if you want I know what its like having other fans coming onto your forum and talking about their clubs when people don't want to listen :D Good luck for next season though, always liked Everton a club very much like Aston Villa with a great history and fan base and would much rather see you do well then the likes of Tottenham and Man City.

Welcome to the forum.

To be fair, if Randy is serious about Moyes then well have to see what happens if he made a move for him. So for now its paper talk...but I don't think any evertonian wouldn't understand why he went, especially if hes promised a few bob.

But he hasbt really got the best out of our squad yet, which. would leave a sour taste if he went.

Hi Villa fan in peace.

Welcome mate, we have many non-evertonians on this board!! Feel free to post!

Hi Villa fan in peace.

Post more hang around. You will find the water warm around here.

I hope Moyes does not leave.

Hi Villa fan in peace.

Welcome to the forum mate. And thanks for the financial expertise on your club. It makes a change hearing about it from someone familiar with the subject. There's one or two on here who believe themselves to be experts on Villa, but obviously they know little about the matter.

Hi Villa fan in peace.

That's incorrect. You made a £37million loss last season (after player trading) and you're going to make a £30 million loss for this season.

If that's "financially healthy" then you need to get a new definition!

"then Houllier has come in and the wage bill has been reduced, therefore funding has been provided"

It doesn't happen like that. If you're releasing players you have to pay off their remaining contracts.

It takes a full season before you start recouping any additional revenue from a player no longer being on the wage bill. Otherwise you have to borrow yet more money on the difference until it's recouped and then, you're exposed to interest repayments.

Villa are skint. They're on a life support machine from Lerner. A situation Lerner allowed to arrise. Zero financial independence. And as for renovating the stadium, that is yet more cost.

By the time Villa did all that you'll be about £400million in debt.

Or in the Championship

Welcome to the forum mate. And thanks for the financial expertise on your club. It makes a change hearing about it from someone familiar with the subject. There's one or two on here who believe themselves to be experts on Villa, but obviously they know little about the matter.

"Everton are going into administration" - Davek, February 2011.

FFS.

Everton continuing to trade - Damon, May 2011.

Que sera sera.... Good to see the silly season in full swing already ................Think I´ll come back mid August ............Que sera sera ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back