Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet the bank debt is still tied into the club, which is the responsibility of Lerner or whatever future chairman they have. So it is still negligible, especially when the bank debt can be wiped out by Lerner to protect his assets whenever he likes.

I drew a diagram - the worst one you'll ever see ^^ Orange is Villa's finances, Blue is Everton, over the next few years.

villaexam.jpg

:P

Do Lerner's companies have other shareholders. You're massively over estimating how he can shift money around.

Oh and the Villa graph is LAUGHABLY WRONG. You've got it going in the wrong direction. It should be going up in net debt terms and accelerating because the bank debt increases costs to service the debt!

Turnover went up by 9million but bank debt by 11million!

So that's wiped out that and more.

Last edited:
Do Lerner's companies have other shareholders. You're massively over estimating how he can shift money around.

Oh and the Villa graph is LAUGHABLY WRONG. You've got it going in the wrong direction. It should be going up in net debt terms and accelerating because the bank debt increases costs to service the debt!

Turnover went up by 9million but bank debt by 11million!

So that's wiped out that and more.

Sorry, I meant net spending, not debt. :)

I'm not jumping on any particular side here, by the way - just saying it as I see it. But admittedly I'm 100% anti-Kenwright so I accept accusations of bias, but to me I'm looking at it logically.

Sorry, I meant net spending, not debt. :)

Either way, a graph like that for Everton is better because ANY increase in turnover could turn the direction of that in debt terms in a positive direction for the business far far far easier than changing Villa's general trend.

A flat graph or a steady decline (debt) incline (spending) is a good thing.

There's nothing steady about Villa. They're all over the shop and a financial disaster £130million with NOTHING to show for it.

A flat graph or a steady decline (debt) incline (spending) is a good thing. This is why I've been going nuts about infrastructure. And why Kenwright must go because he's failing to deliver anything to increase club profitability.

But then again - so is Lerner despite losing £130 million! :lol:

But don't tell Davek!
:P

Last edited:
Hang on here a second lads, Learner is chargeing intrest on the loans he has made to Villa. They are looseing 40-50 mill a season while he continues to lend them money, the words Hicks and Gillet come to mind is it really any different to that model. Intrestingly there are conditions Villa have to meet to repay these loans with the first due to be paid back in 2019.

Whats 2% intrest on a 100 odd million over a minimum of ten years. Thats before the Turnover to wages ratio of 80% - if they go down they are finsihed.

Ill leave the financial fair play thing but with a w/t ratio like that, and looseing 40 -50 mill a season things arent looking great.

Last edited:

Financially, and in terms of stability, Spurs blow both Villa and Everton clean out of the water. So if you're looking purely for a club who are the most likely to "do well", then Moyes would do well to consider Spurs.

Agree on Spurs, they need a new ground though, Arsenal and Spurs are prob the best run clubs in the league.

Financially, and in terms of stability, Spurs blow both Villa and Everton clean out of the water. So if you're looking purely for a club who are the most likely to "do well", then Moyes would do well to consider Spurs.

Well yeah, right now out of the 3 the logical answer has to be that spurs are the most attractive proposition for a manager.

Can't see Spurs being too keen on Moyes though, if they can stay where they are in and around the Champions League places they will probably be aiming higher.

I'm glad to see that people have now abandoned the Davek: "claim Aston Villa are superior to Everton, and that Moyes would be on drugs to turn down an offer at the mighty Villa"

It brings a warm glow inside that that myth from Davek's been blown away.

The ignorance of Villa's financial plight in this thread is astounding.

Assumption, presented as fact. It seems the norm for some...

"The reality is that the wage-to-revenue issue was not addressed and Martin apparently was unwilling to help address it. He quit."

'Wage-to-revenue' is key there. There's an obvious glass ceiling in terms of what revenue can be brought in. Look at their squad/wages now - it would take years to turn that around to free up some spending. Who'd sacrifice their reputation dealing with Heskey, Dunne and Pires in those years while desperately trying to convince the likes of £80,000 a week Stephen Ireland to join another club?

That's the point here. They're not spending. They might as well be "skint". They have a open sell to buy policy, of which have no real value, most on astronomical wages. They're a sinking ship. Martin O'Neill wasn't soft. Either where the rest judging by the size of the queue when he left...

Lerner having a few quid in the bank doesn't disguise all the other obvious facts. Philip Green and Lord Grantchester are billionaires....

The day Moyes wants to join Villa, is the day I stop following football

*nothing against Villa...

But it would have gone completely mental

Why? They are traditionally a big club who tend not to do knee jerk. The owners have cash and are prepared to spend sums in excess of what Moyes can get at Everton. I think, if offered, Moyes would have to be on drugs to consider turning them down given the bleak future he has ahead of him at this club.

I just had to offer this up again.

Knee jerk?

What like putting Heskey and half their players on £60,000 a week?

Spend sums?

They're sell to buy.

Drugs?

You been sniffing glue lad?

:lol:

An absolutely epic post by Davek that. Of Nick Barmby proportions.

Last edited:
The ignorance of Villa's financial plight in this thread is astounding.

Assumption, presented as fact. It seems the norm for some...

'Wage-to-revenue' is key there. There's an obvious glass ceiling in terms of what revenue can be brought in. Look at their squad/wages now - it would take years to turn that around to free up some spending. Who'd sacrifice their reputation dealing with Heskey, Dunne and Pires in those years while desperately trying to convince the likes of £80,000 a week Stephen Ireland to join another club?

That's the point here. They're not spending. They might as well be "skint". They have a open sell to buy policy, of which have no real value, most on astronomical wages. They're a sinking ship. Martin O'Neill wasn't soft. Either where the rest judging by the size of the queue when he left...

Lerner having a few quid in the bank doesn't disguise all the other obvious facts. Philip Green and Lord Grantchester are billionaires....

Blowing it well out of proportion there, Dan. Villa only have to drop back to a wage bill of approx. 60% to start breaking even again, down from 80%+, whilst Lerner has blown absolute shedloads of money on players over his tenure. All they're doing now is returning to pre-Lerner levels of finance, which was still better than Everton.

Martin O'Neill basically spent multi-millions on relative garbage, Lerner hasn't seen a return so he's scaling back. The only difference between Villa and Spurs is that Levy and co. have seen improvement on the pitch whilst Villa haven't, with only a 6th-placed finish to show for their blown cash.

Rumours of Villa's demise is greatly exaggerated. Indeed, the sale of Young in the Summer with the cash injected into backing the wage budget will steady them almost completely, whilst still being able to outspend Everton with ease.

The difference with Villa and Everton's board... Lerner has thrown £40m a year at Villa in player purchases and running costs, Grantchester/Green are impeccably invisible.

There's wealth, and then there's wealth in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back