Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Steve Bruce is the next manager, I'l quite literally cry. We need to stay away from the usual suspects who some how or other seem to get every club they manage into a relegation fight but still keep being hired when sacked for the umpteenth time.

The more I think about it the more McClaren stands out for me but I want someone with a fresh modern approach.

Bungle are you on a fishing trip? Bruce failed at Sunderland and no disrespect to Sunderland I'd say were a bigger team and we already have one United reject we don't want a team... unless it's Nani or Berbatov.

I think you're a little paranoid mate, I'm not fishing for anything, unless your mrs is available? Anyway, back to the point, I couldn't care less who someone has previously played for when it comes to the Managers job, I just want someone that can do a good job and I genuinely think he could. Again mate, you'll have your own opinion and it may or may not be different to mine, and that's fine.

How many premiership managers are earning in excess of 60k per week,how many managers are earning this much worldwide ?
It may not suit the agenda of some people but nevertheless in football it will be recognised that Bill Kenwright is a very good chairman to work with as a manager...in effect he gives you everything but enough money to spend on players.The majority of managers spend their entire football lives constantly needing more money to spend.There are probably less than a dozen clubs worldwide that can afford to sign any player they want.

So.. a well paid job in the premiership,with a very good squad of players and a supportive chairman that will support you financially as well as the club can afford.
There will be a queue for that job around the corner...if it becomes available.

The decision the board has a number of alternatives to consider
1. Appoint a foreign coach with a good pedigree but no knowledge of the English game.
2. Appoint a highly rated manager already working in the premiership as Liverpool did.The most obvious name being Martinez.
3.An internal appointment with probably Neville or Stubbs getting the job.
4.Repeat the Moyes formula and go back to the lower divisions for a young talented manager.

All option have their risks but that happens with every appointment.

Some of the suggestions on here are bizarre, Neil Lennon, Steve Bruce, Mick Mccarthy.

Id still stick with Moyes, however if he does go id gamble on Solskjær.

We need some one who is low down or not known . We dont need a quick fix manager like oniel bruce and the other names we need some one who can build a project just like moyes has . Martinez is the most obvious and less risky name as hes working in the premier league but i just think we should get someone who has learned thier trade elswhere and bring them here like swansea did with luadrap . solskjaer or a manager from the german league could fit the bill . Other than that we could promate a coach from the backroom but that is the most risky as they have no managerial expierence

Some of the suggestions on here are bizarre, Neil Lennon, Steve Bruce, Mick Mccarthy.

Id still stick with Moyes, however if he does go id gamble on Solskjær.

Two managers with premier league experience are 'bizarre' suggestions, but you want us to hire a guy whose managerial experience is in the Norwegian league ?

Two managers with premier league experience are 'bizarre' suggestions, but you want us to hire a guy whose managerial experience is in the Norwegian league ?

Its a gamble, but id rather that than some bog standard manager which would get us about 12th in the league.

Hes won the Norwegian league twice in a row with a team that had never previously won it, that a pretty impressive feat whichever league it is. He's a well sought after future young managerial talent who will have a good knowledge base of British talent having managed United's Reserves.

Its a gamble, but id rather that than some bog standard manager which would get us about 12th in the league.

Hes won the Norwegian league twice in a row with a team that had never previously won it, that a pretty impressive feat whichever league it is. He's a well sought after future young managerial talent who will have a good knowledge base of British talent having managed United's Reserves.

Steve Bruce has got a team that looked nowhere near promotion playing some quality football and looking in a strong postion, I'd rather take that than someone fairly unproven from a substandard league.

Steve Bruce has got a team that looked nowhere near promotion playing some quality football and looking in a strong postion, I'd rather take that than someone fairly unproven from a substandard league.

The day I look up from my seat & see Steve's massive head with it's orbiting moons, stood in our technical area, is the day I'd give up on life, let alone football.

The day I look up from my seat & see Steve's massive head with it's orbiting moons, stood in our technical area, is the day I'd give up on life, let alone football.

So head size is now a prerequisite for a manager.

Amazes me how many people would dismiss managers with better records than Moyes (in some cases) based on arbitary nonsense.

I think it's clear some people are having a laugh which is obviously fair enough but I do think it identifies some preconceived ideas on our views on managers.

I've heard people say if Martinez was a rough looking northern former centre half He may be viewed less favourably. Bruce is doing a pretty good job at hull and has done ok ish previously but is obviously and probably rightly dismissed as a candidate whereas Zola has failed probably more dramatically at west ham and is not doing as well in the same division but would almost certainly be the more popular choice of the two . It's weird isnt it ?

If malkay McKay was a 'slick' foreign manager who'd moved to Cardiff and was bringing them promotion having done ok overseas previously would he more likely be on our radar ?

Like I say it's obvious people are having a bit of a laugh but I think there is probably an interesting debate somewhere in there .

Getting Wigan around 10th was probably as great an achievement as Moyes getting us 4th. He was excellent in the market too. Signed some class players for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back