• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emmerson Boyce news ‏@EmmersonBoyceFS 12m

http://www.football365.com - Emmerson Boyce hopes Roberto Martinez will stay at Wigan http://footballsquad.co.uk/t/emmerson-boyce/86/07/03/144051/aUyzItQ9g … #emmersonboyce
Expand
Sky Sports Football Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 16m

Roberto Martinez is likely to make a decision on his future at Wigan after a meeting with Dave Whelan at 1pm. http://bit.ly/151PutV
Expand
Gary Caldwell urges Roberto Martinez to stay at Wigan as the manager...

Twice he came to Goodison this season and bossed it, Steven Gerrardvwas only just bossing the premier league at 22

What about the other 40 odd games he played? Where they went down?

If he plays for us he won't be able to be boss against us will he?

I actually don't rate Mcarthy that much myself.. Doesn't seem to be able to do much but pass. Doesn't seem to get involved that much. Poor mans Gibson IMO.

The worst thing about McCarthy is the fact he'll cost a good £10million too. Haven't seen enough of him to give him a fair reflection but what I have seen has been majorly underwhelming.

I think the love-in with Pereira is gone way over the top.
I would regard his appointment as a huge risk.At least Martinez has shown that can can manage in the premiership,although football people are divided about how good he really is.

I have said on a few occasions that the German model seems to be the way forward.I also think that a pragmatic German mentality could suit the Premiership very well.
I know that names such as Mourinho ,AVB and others will be mentioned as success stories,but they have had huge budgets to work with. Pereira has been managing the Portuguese equivalent of Man Utd and will now be forced to manage a club that can really only spend what it gets from player sales or other savings.

I would prefer a different type of appointment that would see us focus even more on our youth set up and try to grow the club in a different way. Almost certainly we are not going to have a buyer that will invest hundrerds of millions into the club and so we will not compete with the rich clubs anytime soon if we simply keep going as we are.

What about the other 40 odd games he played? Where they went down?

If he plays for us he won't be able to be boss against us will he?

Stop being a wally lad. Not his fault what he is surrounded by. Been some great footballers been relegated you know

I think the love-in with Pereira is gone way over the top.
I would regard his appointment as a huge risk.At least Martinez has shown that can can manage in the premiership,although football people are divided about how good he really is.

I have said on a few occasions that the German model seems to be the way forward.I also think that a pragmatic German mentality could suit the Premiership very well.
I know that names such as Mourinho ,AVB and others will be mentioned as success stories,but they have had huge budgets to work with. Pereira has been managing the Portuguese equivalent of Man Utd and will now be forced to manage a club that can really only spend what it gets from player sales or other savings.

I would prefer a different type of appointment that would see us focus even more on our youth set up and try to grow the club in a different way. Almost certainly we are not going to have a buyer that will invest hundrerds of millions into the club and so we will not compete with the rich clubs anytime soon if we simply keep going as we are.
I think Martinez as shown he CAN'T manage in the prem,hence relegation,please stay away from GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back