• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Roberto doesn't feel up to the task of getting us in the premier league"

What does this say about him? That he wouldn't be able to do it?

Does he think he's gonna take Everton into the champions league?

If we look at the information, Bill called Wigan on the Friday already knowing that Martinez was holding talks with Whelan on the Monday/Tuesday.

So my theory is Martinez knew Everton contacted Wigan over the weekened and decided to quit thinking he will get the job.

As for his reason for asking to leave Wigan, I think he is to much of a nice guy to say "I'm leaving to see if I have a chance at the Everton job" so he basically just said "he isn't equipped".

If this is correct then fair play to him for risking a sound job for a chance to manage us.

Maybe Matinez is lined up for the Stoke job?
I'm not convinced Martinez is the guy to get us into the top 4, but if he is appointed then I will give him my full backing. There are plenty of examples where managers have not done much then all of a sudden just seem to be at the right club at the right time - hopefully this will be one of those times

100% unequivocal support

...that is what the new manager will get from this Evertonian. If it is Martinez, I feel we will be watching some attractive football next season.

Stubbs doesn't deserve to be considered. Neville hasn't got the badges needed. I hope laudrups row with the Swansea board today puts him back in the running but it needs to be VP if we are to think about this as moving forward.

Maybe Matinez is lined up for the Stoke job?
I'm not convinced Martinez is the guy to get us into the top 4, but if he is appointed then I will give him my full backing. There are plenty of examples where managers have not done much then all of a sudden just seem to be at the right club at the right time - hopefully this will be one of those times

You do realise that top 4 is very unlikely over the next few years with the money the other 6 are likely to spend on there squads compared to what we will spend on ours?

I think whoever takes over will most likely of over-performed or done very well if they get us any higher than 7th. We're unfortunately going to be spending a little just trying to hang on to the others yet again.

Stubbs doesn't deserve to be considered. Neville hasn't got the badges needed. I hope laudrups row with the Swansea board today puts him back in the running but it needs to be VP if we are to think about this as moving forward.

The other two IMO will be two internal's that we are trying to make them think are in with a shout and being seriously considered.
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that VP HAS to be the man to move us forward!?!?

I'm no Martinez worshipper But its funny how some are picking away at his bad points and ignoring the positives YET with VP it's all about his positives whilst ignoring his many bad points!?!?
Amazing how a fancy foreign name from a foreign country clouds some people's judgment!

Did someone say that there are two more candidates, as yet unidentified, still to be interviewed?

ginger-baby1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back