Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i eep hearing this phrase that we should be chsing a better manager than martinez. Who though? None of the managers who finished above us in the league would come.

I see pereira lauded as he has won titles but lennon is discounted when he has done the same. (i dont want lennon dont get me wrong). Im just trying to work out what a manager we should aspire too looks like.

I think Martinez is at best a mid table manager and he will fit right in with our midtable board and chairman at Everton.
A lot of the fans(exclude the clap clappers) on the other hand have higher aims and aspirations.
I think he's the WRONG man.
We are Everton not Stoke or n'castle or norwich or the rest of them mid table scrappers.
Small time board leads to small time club leads to mid table medicore team.
I hope I'm wrong but got that horrible feeling of impending misery coming.
On a lighter note at least Pip the Pointer has gone.
I have the distinct impression your opinion wouldn't change whoever Everton appointed as manager.
The buzz phrase 'happy clapper' aimed at Everton fans who do not share your opinions is odious to say the least.
Muppet.

Do we really believe there are another 2 candidates?

Why didn't we speak to them last week. Doesn't make sense to wait for Martinez before speaking to others. It's Martinez on his own IMO

Do you think that Bill will give wigan 2 mil for martinez? when he can get vitor on a free

Scrooge.jpg
spot on ..

I have the distinct impression your opinion wouldn't change whoever Everton appointed as manager.
The buzz phrase 'happy clapper' aimed at Everton fans who do not share your opinions is odious to say the least.
Muppet.
Well well you a psychic or just having a stab in the dark as to my opinion not changing whoever Everton appoint.
And happy clapper is odious now jesus wept the thought police have arrived.
and instead of calling you a Muppet which is your opinion I'd hazard guess that you are a [Poor language removed].

the board are ****ing this club up. but what will we do? **** all and carry on. im 32 and kenwright will be there no doubt when im 42.

But the badge u-turn should at least show you that we CAN do something. Just imagine if the BU could get half of the people who signed the petition to march? Went on the last one and as well as feeling I was at least trying to do something, it felt great singing before the game and letting Bill know what a lot of us think of the board. We need a collective voice - the more the better. I cordially invite you to the next march mate - so long as you buy me a pint afterwards :lol:

Stubbs doesn't deserve to be considered. Neville hasn't got the badges needed. I hope laudrups row with the Swansea board today puts him back in the running but it needs to be VP if we are to think about this as moving forward.
Sadly, Laudrup's argument with the board is about Transfer fees. So even if it escalated, can't see him coming here... out of the frying pan, so to speak

i eep hearing this phrase that we should be chsing a better manager than martinez. Who though? None of the managers who finished above us in the league would come.

I see pereira lauded as he has won titles but lennon is discounted when he has done the same. (i dont want lennon dont get me wrong). Im just trying to work out what a manager we should aspire too looks like.

Pereira is being lauded versus Lennon for the following reasons-

1. Though it can be argued both leagues are nowhere near as competitive as the EPL it is obvious to all football fans that the Portugese league is much more competitive (especially now Rangers have gone from the SPL) and it's teams play much better football than the SPL.

2. Not only did Pereira win his league twice in a row but he has only lost one game in two years whilst doing so which is an incredible record!

3. Previous Porto managers have gone on to be massive successes, even if you personally don't rate AVB it's obvious Mourinho is brilliant.

4. Lennon is regarded by most as a [Poor language removed] whose teams play average football.

5. Pereira is regarded by most as a classy, attractive man who plays sexy football, has designer stubble and wears an armband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back