Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise that top 4 is very unlikely over the next few years with the money the other 6 are likely to spend on there squads compared to what we will spend on ours?

I think whoever takes over will most likely of over-performed or done very well if they get us any higher than 7th. We're unfortunately going to be spending a little just trying to hang on to the others yet again.

I do, but top 4 was equally as unlikely this year, but we weren't too far off. I am hoping for a manager that can help us take that next step, not one who is just aiming to keep us where we are. I wouldn't be disappointed with top 6/7 finishes for the next couple of seasons, but I would still like to see us try and push on for the top 4. And that starts with getting in a manager capable of achieving it.

I do, but top 4 was equally as unlikely this year, but we weren't too far off. I am hoping for a manager that can help us take that next step, not one who is just aiming to keep us where we are. I wouldn't be disappointed with top 6/7 finishes for the next couple of seasons, but I would still like to see us try and push on for the top 4. And that starts with getting in a manager capable of achieving it.

Yeah I get your point and you've gota hope someone is capable of having a top 4 charge, but this season we were very close in terms of quality to arse, spurs, l'pool (better), Chelsea even. Next season those teams are all going to bring in world class players or at worst expensive talents. What are we gonna do??

Yeah I get your point and you've gota hope someone is capable of having a top 4 charge, but this season we were very close in terms of quality to arse, spurs, l'pool (better), Chelsea even. Next season those teams are all going to bring in world class players or at worst expensive talents. What are we gonna do??

Hopefully bring in someone better than Martinez. This appointment is more crucial to us than any players we may bring in. We are not going to compete financially for the players that Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea are going for, so we have to get the upper hand another way.
I don't know who the right manager is, but as a regular top 6 team in the richest league in the world, with ambitions of being even better - we should be aiming our sights a bit higher

I think Martinez is at best a mid table manager and he will fit right in with our midtable board and chairman at Everton.
A lot of the fans(exclude the clap clappers) on the other hand have higher aims and aspirations.
I think he's the WRONG man.
We are Everton not Stoke or n'castle or norwich or the rest of them mid table scrappers.
Small time board leads to small time club leads to mid table medicore team.
I hope I'm wrong but got that horrible feeling of impending misery coming.
On a lighter note at least Pip the Pointer has gone.

I think Martinez is at best a mid table manager and he will fit right in with our midtable board and chairman at Everton.
A lot of the fans(exclude the clap clappers) on the other hand have higher aims and aspirations.
I think he's the WRONG man.
We are Everton not Stoke or n'castle or norwich or the rest of them mid table scrappers.
Small time board leads to small time club leads to mid table medicore team.
I hope I'm wrong but got that horrible feeling of impending misery coming.
On a lighter note at least Pip the Pointer has gone.

the board are ****ing this club up. but what will we do? **** all and carry on. im 32 and kenwright will be there no doubt when im 42.

Do you think that Bill will give wigan 2 mil for martinez? when he can get vitor on a free

Scrooge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back