Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he said that,but don't you think he was looking for a way out at that stage possibly ?.
I can only take him at face value.

I would have had more respect for him if he had come out and said he was leaving becuase he wanted to take on a bigger job and had the skills to pull it off.

The source is the S**, so I apologise in advance but.....

RALF RANGNICK has played a trump card in his bid to become Everton boss.

The German, currently sporting director at Red Bull Salzburg in Austria, went down a storm with Bill Kenwright when he was interviewed by the Goodison supremo on Thursday.

Rangnick, 54, said he would be happy to have Everton coaches Alan Stubbs or David Weir as his No 2 — or see recently-departed skipper Phil Neville fast-tracked into the role.

All three were interviewed for the position but Kenwright is wary of appointing someone with no management experience.

Giving Rangnick the job would solve two problems for Kenwright, and so he is a serious contender after Roberto Martinez looked nailed on.

The Spaniard told Wigan he wanted to leave — after Kenwright had asked Latics owner Dave Whelan for permission to talk to him — and met the Blues’ top man a week ago.

Meanwhile, Whelan claims up to 50 bosses have applied for the Wigan manager’s job. But the Latics chairman will not interview anyone until Martinez’s future is resolved.

Whelan said: “Roberto is still our manager and we’re waiting on Everton to say they want him.”

ffs of course Rangnick is going to say this to Bill, what else could he say? that he was bringing over a load of old Germans, he's a sporting director of an Austrian club, a small country of 8 million with no good teams, when was the last time an Austrian club done anything special? Rangnick wants the job and was smart enough to tell Bill something that he wanted to hear, that doesn't mean he's a good manager, why isn't he managing in the Bundesliga? this guy's a massive gamble and if the rumours are right then Bill is gambling bigtime on Rangnick, it's actually quite scary, this could go so badly wrong and leave us looking for another mananger in not too long, if Rangnick fails then the number 2 fails with him, he's not going to be the next Everton manager and by that time, the right man just now is long gone, don't do it Bill!!!

we are much better [under moyes].

Under any old manager I really don't see us being anything other than another team in the league. We probably wont get relegated. The manager would have to be a real idiot combined with other factors like injuries and bad decisions but the idea that players alone will see us maintain our league position is fantasy. It's how well a manager motivates and organises his team and the morale and desire he instills in them.

Remember that West Ham team that got relegated. Three years later most of that team were playing internationally.

Management Uber Alles in football.

We are about to find out—especially with the wrong appointment—how good Moyes was for us. Hopefully we don't have to learn that lesson and we'll get someone not only as good but better.

It seems unlikely.

It's not impossible mate. Just imagine twitter/this forum when Moyes was appointed. No one knew he would become this good and such a part of our club. Why can't an ambitious manager like Martinez do this as well? There is the possibility. As long as he isn't a complete [Poor language removed] in the dressing room I'm sure players like ours who all seem to 'get Everton' will get behind him and want to play well for him. For me its not going to be the manager particualry that determines our season, it will be this transfer window. We can't fall behind teams and were only a few players away from a high finish.

Pretty sure it was down to not giving him full control of football matter's and having to work with a DOF.

You suggesting that even if he didn't agree with how they wanted the club run, and his role in it, that he should of taken the job anyway just because its Liverpool (a more ambitious club) ????

He's waited another season and is now likely to get the BETTER team on merseyside.....Take a bow son!![
We don't know why he turned it down,and I suggested the job could have been too big for him
Or he questioned his own ability .We all like to think he swerved them for us ,but I think we could do better

I feel if the Porto coach VP is not coming Martinez is the best option as the next Blues manager & what does whinging Big Nev know probably trying to line a goalkeeping coach job up with the stressed out of work German! If Bungling Bill goes for the cheap option why did DM have Steve Round who cost us 1 million as an assistant fro Newcastle United who were relegated that year????

article-1205977-0612230B000005DC-440_468x286.jpg

Is right mate

Originally Posted by Coach
Martinez says he is not good enough to take a team out of the Championship.

If he is not good enough to do that then he is not good enough to take us into the CL.

Even the EL will do, just want to see us compete against European teams again

Absolutely. Spot on.

No it is not five Wigan players contract are up & Martinez knows he will lose them & other star players I like his honesty - if we were relegated how many of existing squad could we keep? Its hard enough to keep them if we are a top 6 team! The Chapionship is a very hard league also ask Bolton & wolves!

Like most on here, I've followed this merry-go-round with a daily intensity since the Everton job was vacated by Mr Moist. If you all don't mind, I would like to give my humble opinion. Now lets all be honest, a large percentage of Evertonians don't really know anything about Vitor or Ralph, except that they are what I would call 'exotic' candidates. There is a lot of guesswork involved with these two when it comes establishing if they would be any good. Evertonians are born 'romantics' so Vitor and Ralph fit the bill perfectly. I myself have enjoyed a moment or two of daydreaming about Vitor leading us to glory.

When I look at the cold hard facts regarding these two, I don't see them being the right man for the job, especially Vitor. In my humble opinion, Everton need a manager who will continue the work of the last 11 years, someone who will not 'rock the boat'. We are a steady ship, built on stability. I don't have any faith in Vitor or Ralph with regards to this. They have no reputation to be shot at in this country, so if it goes wrong, they can head back to Portugal/Germany and carry on where they left off. I would rather have a manager who understands the area, the club, the premier league. A manager who has built his reputation in this country, and cares enough about it. These factors played a big part in Man United's decision to appoint Moyes. Also, think of this: Manu have just appointed a manager who has won nothing in the top flight. That is a big deal for a club like ManU.

Now that all the romantic notions of Vitor and Ralph have left me, I can see Martinez as a perfect man for our club. First and foremost, Martinez didn't mastermind Wigans victory over Everton. The reason we lost that game had more to do with Phil Neville than Martinez's tactics. Having said that, his Wigan side exploited our glaring weakness on that day. I'll tell you what I like about Martinez, and there are many positives. He is young and hungry, he already has a lot of premier league experience, he can handle pressure, by nature he is very positive, he knows the area, he knows EFC and what we are about, his players fight for him, he doesn't bottle it, he can work with small budgets, he is liked and well respected in this country, our players already know him and his style of football is suited to what we like to see. And, he will get better as a manager. He will be coming to a club that has strong foundations and stability. I believe Martinez will flourish at Everton. I'm 41, I seen a lot of Everton since I got my first season ticket for the upper bullens in 1977. My point is, if Martinez comes in, then let's get behind him because it will bring out the best in Martinez.

Martinez has been tipped for the Everton job for many months, way before Moyes was confirmed as SAF successor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back