Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is not five Wigan players contract are up & DM knows he will lose them & other star players I like his honesty - if we were relegated how many of existing squad could we keep? Its hard enough to keep them if we are a top 6 team!

Spot on mate. He said 'he didn't feel equipped to take them back up.' Not that he wasn't good enough.

HARRY REDKNAPP’S BACK ON EVERTON'S MANAGER LIST

QPR boss Harry *Redknapp is back in the frame as a surprise contender for the Everton manager’s job.

He was quoted at short odds a week ago to replace David Moyes, who is now in the Manchester United hot seat.

But Redknapp disappeared off the radar, with Everton chairman Bill Kenwright whittling down a 30-strong list of contenders to just three.

It is reported Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, Salzburg sporting director Ralf Rangnick and Porto boss Vitor Pereira are the hat-trick of choices.

Redknapp cannot be ruled out at this late stage, though, with Kenwright ready to announce the new Goodison manager tomorrow.

The QPR boss has had close links with Kenwright for a number of years and the chance to stay in the Premier League after the Hoops’ relegation would appeal.

A QPR club source revealed: “We hope he stays with us but we are concerned we could lose Harry because of the club’s relegation.”

Kenwright is understood to have been completely “blown away” by Rangnick when they met in London on Thursday.

He had the same feeling when he first talked to Moyes 11 years ago before appointing him as Goodison boss.

Martinez looks to be in the driving seat after a second interview but Kenwright is fully aware of murmurings among the faithful about his Premier League credentials.

Redknapp, though, would tick all the boxes for the Blues.

Brighton, meanwhile, are reported to be ready to move for free agent Phil Neville after his Everton contract finished last month.

But Neville is looking for a role nearer home and would be interested if new Manchester United boss and former manager David Moyes came in for him.

The Beano's not well known for football 'scoops'.

I could almost be forgiven for thinking your or Blueboy95 whatever his name is wrote that in your bedroom after overdosing on Appletize.

Appalling 'journalism'.

Originally Posted by Coach
Martinez says he is not good enough to take a team out of the Championship.

If he is not good enough to do that then he is not good enough to take us into the CL.

Even the EL will do, just want to see us compete against European teams again
of course he was, and he is, he won the cup with a team who are not in the top 40 in England in terms of size, he did a good job at Swansea and a good job at Wigan, if we don't snap him up, someone else will very soon, he won't be out of a job for long.

Like most on here, I've followed this merry-go-round with a daily intensity since the Everton job was vacated by Mr Moist. If you all don't mind, I would like to give my humble opinion. Now lets all be honest, a large percentage of Evertonians don't really know anything about Vitor or Ralph, except that they are what I would call 'exotic' candidates. There is a lot of guesswork involved with these two when it comes establishing if they would be any good. Evertonians are born 'romantics' so Vitor and Ralph fit the bill perfectly. I myself have enjoyed a moment or two of daydreaming about Vitor leading us to glory.

When I look at the cold hard facts regarding these two, I don't see them being the right man for the job, especially Vitor. In my humble opinion, Everton need a manager who will continue the work of the last 11 years, someone who will not 'rock the boat'. We are a steady ship, built on stability. I don't have any faith in Vitor or Ralph with regards to this. They have no reputation to be shot at in this country, so if it goes wrong, they can head back to Portugal/Germany and carry on where they left off. I would rather have a manager who understands the area, the club, the premier league. A manager who has built his reputation in this country, and cares enough about it. These factors played a big part in Man United's decision to appoint Moyes. Also, think of this: Manu have just appointed a manager who has won nothing in the top flight. That is a big deal for a club like ManU.

Now that all the romantic notions of Vitor and Ralph have left me, I can see Martinez as a perfect man for our club. First and foremost, Martinez didn't mastermind Wigans victory over Everton. The reason we lost that game had more to do with Phil Neville than Martinez's tactics. Having said that, his Wigan side exploited our glaring weakness on that day. I'll tell you what I like about Martinez, and there are many positives. He is young and hungry, he already has a lot of premier league experience, he can handle pressure, by nature he is very positive, he knows the area, he knows EFC and what we are about, his players fight for him, he doesn't bottle it, he can work with small budgets, he is liked and well respected in this country, our players already know him and his style of football is suited to what we like to see. And, he will get better as a manager. He will be coming to a club that has strong foundations and stability. I believe Martinez will flourish at Everton. I'm 41, I seen a lot of Everton since I got my first season ticket for the upper bullens in 1977. My point is, if Martinez comes in, then let's get behind him because it will bring out the best in Martinez.

Martinez has been tipped for the Everton job for many months, way before Moyes was confirmed as SAF successor

excellent post, my sentiments entirely

Maybe nobody wants the job?

They may want it at first, but meeting Bill may make them think Sod It
Apart from the purse strings, Bill is a perfect chairman from a manager's point of view. Moyes was given time - how many other managers have been given that luxury?

The Everton job is coveted, make no mistake about that.

Like most on here, I've followed this merry-go-round with a daily intensity since the Everton job was vacated by Mr Moist. If you all don't mind, I would like to give my humble opinion. Now lets all be honest, a large percentage of Evertonians don't really know anything about Vitor or Ralph, except that they are what I would call 'exotic' candidates. There is a lot of guesswork involved with these two when it comes establishing if they would be any good. Evertonians are born 'romantics' so Vitor and Ralph fit the bill perfectly. I myself have enjoyed a moment or two of daydreaming about Vitor leading us to glory.

When I look at the cold hard facts regarding these two, I don't see them being the right man for the job, especially Vitor. In my humble opinion, Everton need a manager who will continue the work of the last 11 years, someone who will not 'rock the boat'. We are a steady ship, built on stability. I don't have any faith in Vitor or Ralph with regards to this. They have no reputation to be shot at in this country, so if it goes wrong, they can head back to Portugal/Germany and carry on where they left off. I would rather have a manager who understands the area, the club, the premier league. A manager who has built his reputation in this country, and cares enough about it. These factors played a big part in Man United's decision to appoint Moyes. Also, think of this: Manu have just appointed a manager who has won nothing in the top flight. That is a big deal for a club like ManU.

Now that all the romantic notions of Vitor and Ralph have left me, I can see Martinez as a perfect man for our club. First and foremost, Martinez didn't mastermind Wigans victory over Everton. The reason we lost that game had more to do with Phil Neville than Martinez's tactics. Having said that, his Wigan side exploited our glaring weakness on that day. I'll tell you what I like about Martinez, and there are many positives. He is young and hungry, he already has a lot of premier league experience, he can handle pressure, by nature he is very positive, he knows the area, he knows EFC and what we are about, his players fight for him, he doesn't bottle it, he can work with small budgets, he is liked and well respected in this country, our players already know him and his style of football is suited to what we like to see. And, he will get better as a manager. He will be coming to a club that has strong foundations and stability. I believe Martinez will flourish at Everton. I'm 41, I seen a lot of Everton since I got my first season ticket for the upper bullens in 1977. My point is, if Martinez comes in, then let's get behind him because it will bring out the best in Martinez.

Martinez has been tipped for the Everton job for many months, way before Moyes was confirmed as SAF successor

Spot on mate.

Hallelujah,
A bit of common sense,I agree with every word mate.

Great post, sums up exactly how I feel perfectly.

http://www.somosporto.org/index.php?topic=273.5070

Vítor Pereira continues with the indefinite future, but ensures feel conscience. If it does not warrant that FC Porto will emigrate, but also stresses that his big career goal became to win the Champions League. "I strongly believe in the competence and perfectionism. And since I am a fighter, you know - there are already a few years - would come where I am. How do I know that I am here today and I'll get further, one will win the Champions League. I know I'll get there. I take this: one day, I will win the Champions League, "said the coach, in an interview with News Magazine. Upon his connection to FC Porto, Vítor Pereira says that when finished, the future will always "out there", but also recalled: "One thing I will never take: my competence. The path made ​​here will allow me to work here or somewhere else. ' "I believe that Porto is a part of my way. After? Wherever where God wants me to take. I will no longer be able to train more, for sure, "continued Vítor Pereira. Lets also a certainty, regardless of their eventual departure, as well as the already certain transfers of James Rodriguez and John Mourinho: "FC Porto will not change. There is a very strong competitive spirit, the will to win, always believe until the end. And this union results in many titles. "

vitorpereira74.jpg

excellent post, my sentiments entirely

...pretty much mine too. Folk know that I'm very much against Vitor in particular. A journo on the radio has just been giving some background to Ralf. Very much in the Houlier mold, ex-schoolteacher turned coach with idealistic footy views. Can't have a manager with the same name as a Muppet. Has to be Martinez if he wants it. Sign him up Bill before he decides to go elsewhere.

someone who will not 'rock the boat'. We are a steady ship, built on stability.
This may be the problem, if you want stability and the status quo support Stoke.. Me, I want trophies and European football

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back