Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we know tomorrow?

I still think Vitor will be the boss. I hope so.

If Not Bobby or Ralf will do. No internal though and no Harry.

Nope I read it, it's just he can't do it 38 times in a season. That's my point, anyone can get it right on a one off. The league is about consistently getting it right.

I agree mate, Wigan were far too open and easy to score against this season. I dont buy this 'he had so many injuries in defence', even at full strength they were hardly the bench mark for how to keep clean sheets.

I think under him we would play better football, but as a consequence we would be more open. We would need a true holding midfielder who could offer that bit more protection to Jags and 'an other' because Seamus and Baines will be more like wingers.

I wish i had seen Fer play as then I could ascertain whether he is that man, but in the prem id go for someone like Romeu at Chelsea or M'Bia at QPR. We could drop Gibbo in there, and then look for a Box-to-Box man on the cheap alongside Osman. Cheeky punt on Anderson at Utd? Bit tubby but obviously has quality.

Rangnick or Pereira are unlikely to have preconceptions on our line-up. Rangnick deserves a lot of credit for his time at Hoffenheim (and Schalke 04 too).

All this discussion re Wigan's 3-0 win in the FA Cup and many seem to have forgotten how Martinez stitched us up beforehand by saying he was going to name a weakened (reserve) side.

Stiched us up? hahaha, if he's made anyone from Everton believe he was actually going to put out a weakened side, good on him. CAn barely hold mind games against him.

I want a winner as the Boss.

Sod 6th and 7th. Lets get ambition.

Vitor is full of ambition, ffs Bill give him a go.

Vitor is a winner, he has won trophies. Let him step up and we may just win something here. Though I think us winning something may upset some fans, you know, nowt to moan at.

C,mon I want a cup. I want Vitor.

..I sincerely hope not. The Vitor backers are trying to convince the non-Vitor backers and the Roberto backers are trying to convince the non-Roberto backers. All to no avail but the debate continues. Nobody is really backing Ralf.

I'm backing Ralf for the DoF function.

Anyway, I stand by my (and Southall's) point: appointing Martinez would show lack of ambition. The signing of Moyes 11y ago was a gamble when we were down the table, but atm we're battling for 4th place.

So we're talking about pretty much purely reactive tactics then? Aren't these types of tactics the reason many didn't rate Moyes tactically? People want pro-active tactics over reactive ones, right?

I think its naive to think you can have pro-active tactics regulary when you are not one of the 'big 3' of Chelski, Utd or City.

Their players are better than our, and therefore will more often than not make you play their game. Its then about being reactive and being resolute waiting for your odd chance here or there.

We are proactive against City, but for me thats more psychological as they sense we are their bogey team and therefore going missing.

I think having the nouse to employ proactive or reactive tactics are both skills in their own right. Moyes was far better at reactive. His flaws were with his proactive tactics, as shown against the teams we should be beating. He would play the same way and hope for a breakthrough, rather than changing them for each opposition

I'm backing Ralf for the DoF function.

Anyway, I stand by my (and Southall's) point: appointing Martinez would show lack of ambition. The signing of Moyes 11y ago was a gamble when we were down the table, but atm we're battling for 4th place.

....I wouldn't take much stock in Big Nev's opinion personally, but hey ho everybody is entitled to a view.

What we need is money to spend... We need to spend big .. The 6teams aound us are gonna sspend, so we could have superman as out dof and batman as our manager.. Won't mean much... Prob 6/7 every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back