Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure i want Mackay he's an alright manager but nothing more, i'll support him if he gets the job but he isn't even on my list.

I would like someone with good connections abroad, who would know some unearthed talent in maybe the spanish or portugese leagues and because of his connections with agents could possibly unearth us the next Michu.

It all points to Martinez for me I think.

Exactly.

Who would've picked Moyes 11 years ago? He turned out Ok. None of us knows who we are getting, he may be great he may not be, but a lot of people on here have been calling for his head for months so why all the panic, when they have what they want?

Also, saying that players are going to leave now is barmy. Fellaini was off anyway, so the only other one is Baines and he may have gone if Moyes was still here, who knows!

We have a good first 11, the above two would be a great loss, but we would have 40mil plus tv money to attempt to replace them. It's not all doom and gloom

exactly you've fallen into the trap Kenwright has

British manager, relatively young, got a side promoted alarm bells= David Moyes Mrk II its gonna be a disaster waiting too happen if he gets the job

Out:

Baines: £20 mil
Felliani: £25 mil
Jelavic: £5 mil
Heitinga: £3 mil

In

Cissokho LB £10 MIL
Strootman: £15 mil
Diame: £4 mil
Lescott: £4 mil
Lukaku: £15 mil
Kone: £5 mil

Football Manager 2013: £12.99?

I hate to say it but £20m for Baines would be a good price. I'd be amazed however if a bid for £14m came in - LB's just don't command the silly prices other positions do.

Strootman for £15m is.... unlikely. Kone for £5m equally unlikely. Both will go for more, if at all.

£15m for Lukaku would see Chelsea take a £3m loss on a young player with three years left on his contract, as he comes off a good season in the prem. With respect, it won't happen. It would take £24m minimum to get Chelsea to pay attention, and even then they wouldn't sell him to a top six prem side.

I wouldn't mind Mackay at all. He's got far greater pedigree than Moyes had when we took him on.

Not sure what people are expecting here. We're not going to get Klopp, Mourinho etc. so I'd rather look at a really good domestic up and coming manager instead of a mercenary journeyman.

Malky Mackay would do a fine job. I've really enjoyed watching his Cardiff side this season - intelligent, attack-based football, dominated a tough league with what is on paper a pretty mediocre team.

People moaning about him aren't doing so based on facts - they're moaning because his name isn't Malchio Mackayinho.

He spent about £10m in the last couple of years, which is massive money in that division.

On every occasion I've seen them this season, they've been as dull as dishwater.

I'm not sure he'd want to leave them at this point anyway, but he'd be a totally uninspiring appt imo.

British manager, relatively young, got a side promoted alarm bells= David Moyes Mrk II its gonna be a disaster waiting too happen if he gets the job

Malky Mackay is nothing like Moyes. For starters, he has taken the expectation in the Cardiff role to challenge for promotion and done it at a canter in only his second season, and he's taken a Championship side to a domestic cup final and was unlucky not to beat the RS in it with a vastly inferior team.

The biggest difference - Mackay plays attacking football.

Mate, what trap? We don't know that he is getting the job, nobody does!!

Calm down, if he gets it he does, but this is going to go on for weeks IMO. Talksport had Moyes at Villa and Spurs and even got threatened with legal action with the Spurs one.

My point is, until we know who we are getting, lets not fume about people who probably won't get it

Football Manager 2013: £12.99?

I hate to say it but £20m for Baines would be a good price. I'd be amazed however if a bid for £14m came in - LB's just don't command the silly prices other positions do.

Strootman for £15m is.... unlikely. Kone for £5m equally unlikely. Both will go for more, if at all.

£15m for Lukaku would see Chelsea take a £3m loss on a young player with three years left on his contract, as he comes off a good season in the prem. With respect, it won't happen. It would take £24m minimum to get Chelsea to pay attention, and even then they wouldn't sell him to a top six prem side.

1. Glen Johnson went for around £18 mil

2. Wigan let Diame go on a free and Victor moses to Chelsea for £9 mil, kone isn't as good and is 29 moses was about 21

3. may be right on Lukaku but if they bring in a world class striker this summer and keep ba and torres I cant see them keeping hold of him they know if they sell him and he does well years down the line they could re sign him they throw money around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back