Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like someone with good connections abroad, who would know some unearthed talent in maybe the spanish or portugese leagues and because of his connections with agents could possibly unearth us the next Michu.

It all points to Martinez for me I think.

Except Martinez has been exclusively based in the UK since 1995, with stops in such footballing hotbeds as Motherwell, Walsall and Chester. Steve McClaren has more up-to-date continental contacts and exposure, and I don't want him either.

We're not going to get Klopp so we might as well go for Mackay?

Like there's not a middle ground between a man in a Cl final and a man who has never managed in any top flight.

I'm not saying Mackay is the definite solution, but I don't understand the snobbery. I'd rather have Mackay than Hughes, for example, and Hughes managed Man City at the beginning of their super-money phase.

I'd rather look at now rather than the past - Mackay is an up and comer for me and wouldn't be a disaster at all. Hughes would be, as would Lennon.

Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup has ruled himself out of the running to take over at Everton this summer.
Laudrup, and Wigan's Roberto Martinez, are the front-runners to replace David Moyes as Everton manager when he takes over from Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United in July.
But the 48-year-old described those reports as "pure speculation", adding: "My intention is to stay [at Swansea]."
He added: "I don't have dreams of going to other clubs, I live in the present."

Have to agree, everytime i've seen Cardiff under Mackay the football has been awful.

But, and it's a big but (lol), it's got him wins.

Except Martinez has been exclusively based in the UK since 1995, with stops in such footballing hotbeds as Motherwell, Walsall and Chester. Steve McClaren has more up-to-date continental contacts and exposure, and I don't want him either.

I know where he has worked, but my point with Martinez is that he will have good connections abroad I am sure.

I said yesterday "A mate of a mate said that Raymond Sparks is begging Everton to come in for Malky Mackay, still think it's going to be Martinez though." so if Talksport's correct then we must have been in cahoots with Mackay for weeks.

I'm not saying Mackay is the definite solution, but I don't understand the snobbery. I'd rather have Mackay than Hughes, for example, and Hughes managed Man City at the beginning of their super-money phase.

I'd rather look at now rather than the past - Mackay is an up and comer for me and wouldn't be a disaster at all. Hughes would be, as would Lennon.

I agree in principle.

I've said before basically nobody else in the PL has been able to challenge the monied clubs on a consistent basis ergo I don't want a PL manager. We need to pick someone doing good work outside the prem (lower leagues or abroad, whatever) and give them a shot in this league. It's what we did with Moyes, it's also what we did with smith but there you go.

The problem isn't the league, I'd be happy with eddie howe even and he's done his best work in the third flight. I just don't personally rate Mackay that much.

+27 goal difference, won the league at a canter.

"Dour"

And what exactly is a Benteke moment?

I was putting your examination of the football played by Cardiff in the same category as your analysis of Benteke :lol:

He had a massive budget in that league & he's delivered, good luck to him, but I've watched them & they were extremely dull imo. I don't want him at Goodison - that is all.

I was putting your examination of the football played by Cardiff in the same category as your analysis of Benteke :lol:

He had a massive budget in that league & he's delivered, good luck to him, but I've watched then & they were extremely dull imo. I don't want him at Goodison - that is all.

Which is?

1. Glen Johnson went for around £18 mil.
At what age, remind me? A large part of Johnson's fee was based on potential, another chunk stemmed from the RS tendency to overpay for english players (Shelvy, Henderson). Baines is worth far more to us than any offer we would be likely to receive, which is why I think he'll stay.

2. Wigan let Diame go on a free and Victor moses to Chelsea for £9 mil, kone isn't as good and is 29 moses was about 21.
Fair points, which I am happy to concede.

3. may be right on Lukaku but if they bring in a world class striker this summer and keep ba and torres I cant see them keeping hold of him they know if they sell him and he does well years down the line they could re sign him they throw money around.
Or they just loan him out to West Brom again, let him build prem experience and slot him in to their lineup in another eighteen months when they shift Ba or Torres? They simply WON'T sell Lukaku for less than they paid, because he isn't even in his prime yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back