Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, not sure Martinez is the man, it doesnt seem to hurt or bother him to much being at the wrong end, loosing or even being relegated - that worries me his philosphey seems sacrisent - despite objective reality of places or points.

Weighing it all up of the current PL managers - id prob go for Steve Clarke and surprised he hasnt been suggested as much as most.

I think his attitude is tailored to the expectation levels he manages under. He'd know at Everton there's grater expectations to satisfy and he'd have the better squad to achieve it with.

Overall, I really dont think we should be looking first and foremost for a manager to take us to the next level. It isn't possible now because the better players will likely be sold this summer and an incoming manager would need a few years to create their own vision and style. I cant stress enough how much of a danger we're in here at the moment. There'll be carnage this summer and we'll need a man who can deal with it and remain composed and focused.

Where is the irony? Did I resort to foul language?
Saying that 'we' will flatten a country because you disagreed with someone who has the adjective form of that countries name is hardly behaving with dignity. Neither is telling someone to support the sh*te instead.

Saying that 'we' will flatten a country because you disagreed with someone who has the adjective form of that countries name is hardly behaving with dignity. Neither is telling someone to support the sh*te instead.

I would say the latter is worse than having your country flattened.

Would have been funnier if he was Dutch like

Steve Clark is not bad shout with options available, although he comes across as dour and has red****e connections . i can see it being makay tho if moyes has input unfortunately, sound like they have similarities , Dont see it being anyone foreign, be to risky for kenwright. We need someone who's going to demand respect, good on a budget, and a winning mentality. Laudrup be first choice but don't see any chance of him coming. The options do look bleak, especially when you look at the likes of mark Hughes and co

Gibbon is a fitting designation in your case. And I do not mean Edward Gibbon.

The more I think about it the sicker I am at hearing some of the names linked with us. Mackay, for example, is someone who would've been in the running for the job PRE Moyes not POST Moyes, we're the SIXTH best team in England for gods sake, we've got a belting team and the new manager will have some sky money and also the Fellaini money to play around with - we're hardly a bad proposition.

The likes of Lennon, Hughes, Freedman etc would piss themselves with joy to get the job and they'd have punched above their weight massively.

We deserve an up and comer with fresh ideas with not only the drive to succeed but the ability to pull it off, and even then they will be grateful for the opportunity, not the other way around.

The more I think about it the sicker I am at hearing some of the names linked with us. Mackay, for example, is someone who would've been in the running for the job PRE Moyes not POST Moyes, we're the SIXTH best team in England for gods sake, we've got a belting team and the new manager will have some sky money and also the Fellaini money to play around with - we're hardly a bad proposition.

The likes of Lennon, Hughes, Freedman etc would piss themselves with joy to get the job and they'd have punched above their weight massively.

We deserve an up and comer with fresh ideas with not only the drive to succeed but the ability to pull it off, and even then they will be grateful for the opportunity, not the other way around.

Agree with u

I think his attitude is tailored to the expectation levels he manages under. He'd know at Everton there's grater expectations to satisfy and he'd have the better squad to achieve it with.

Overall, I really dont think we should be looking first and foremost for a manager to take us to the next level. It isn't possible now because the better players will likely be sold this summer and an incoming manager would need a few years to create their own vision and style. I cant stress enough how much of a danger we're in here at the moment. There'll be carnage this summer and we'll need a man who can deal with it and remain composed and focused.

Dave I respect your views but come on "There'll be carnage this summer". Wildly lucid tabloid like nonsense that David

Surely Steve Clarke is the best of the British managers we could hope to get.

He has spent years as an understudy to some great managers and in his first season as a manager himself has done very well with an average squad.

If we were going British, he has to be the man.

Deffo. Norway is a ****hole anyway.

You have obviously never been then. I have so I can now inform you that far from being a sh*thole it is in fact a thoroughly beautiful country with equally stunning women folk. You read like you need to get laid so why not take some time off ? Book a flight and do you're worst

I really agree with your last paragraph and trust me the seriousness of our situation isnt lost on me. Many fans will be challenged, there is a generation that has now grown under Moyes, that expects and doesnt know what its like to be a fan during bad times, you and i both know that structurally and fundamentally nothing has changed behind the scenes since the terrible days of the 90s and early 00s. Moyes has papered over the cracks for many years and now we are set for a period of best threading water and worse sucked down to pre Moyes finishes. Its not just about his management style or the football team, he was fundamental to the business model of the club which masked a lot vulnerability - im majoroly concerned, Everton will need its fans more then ever in the coming time, its easy to be fan in good times, but the true test will be what we are facing into.

What concerns me about Martinez as i stated is he comes with a philosphy - that is rigid, if entertaining. He has conviction - that the club will have to buy into - for example hes prepared to take Wigan down without altering that philosophy - if he is our next manager the club need to buy into that and be prepared for the consequences as will fans. I liken the situation to what Paul Lambert did at Villa this year, maybe 5 steps back to take steps forward but it does come with risk, buying in to a certain philosophy you have to be prepared to play hard and fast with the clubs fortunes and take that risk.

Id prob be more conservitive and go for a safe pair hands like Clarke who i mentioned, but if Martinez came in and thats the direction we decided to go id support it - it would concern me - but likely Everton would need every single one of its fans.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back