Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm against him but why Pereira over Tuchel, or any other successful european manager? other than the smouldering good looks of course.

This appointment will show if the club is ambitious or not. A winnig mentality with European experience like Pereira, or a manager who won't rock the boat like Martinez. Personally, I find it amazing that Martinez is so highly thought of when you look at the clubs league form, regardless of the cup run. It is the only year he has had a good cup run, and even at the start he was playing weakened sides because he valued the league more. It will be a mistake hiring him, but I think we will.

Well said.

We need a Belgian manager, who manages in Belgium and knows a lot about decent Belgian lads and can attract decent Belgians....

Belgians..

Just saying like...

Ahh Belgians.

I like Belgian footballers.

Martinez is s**t by the way.

I disagree. First, there's a potential conflict of interests: does he really want the best man for the job who can come in and achieve what he couldn't (or deconstruct the way of organisation he's put in place)..ego can get in the way; second, and related, he's bound to put forward people with his own characteristics and method of operating...and that just leads to a lack of development.

We dont want dyansties. Fair enough if he'd swept the board winning a few trophies and playing great football, but that isn't the case here. We need a fresh start and if Moyes is having a hand in the choice of his successor then we have less chance of that happening.

His reputation is at stake if he nominates a dud though. From the way that Moyes has phrased it he will give the pros and cons of the contenders but it's still up to Bill to make the final choice. Davey won't be recommending anyone directly.

We are doing well to be in and around the European places every year. My concern is that if a new man comes in and wants to take the club in another direction that he'll dismantle the team and that the period of transition could give Rodgers, Clarke and even Pardew a chance to catch up and overtake us.

I'd like to see evolution rather than revolution at the club and I think we should carry on along the path that we're on. We're probably only a playmaker and a striker away from the very top teams.

I know people question Martinez because of his poor defensive record, but does anyone really think our ace back 4 would suddenly turn to **** if we got Martinez?

His reputation is at stake if he nominates a dud though. From the way that Moyes has phrased it he will give the pros and cons of the contenders but it's still up to Bill to make the final choice. Davey won't be recommending anyone directly.

We are doing well to be in and around the European places every year. My concern is that if a new man comes in and wants to take the club in another direction that he'll dismantle the team and that the period of transition could give Rodgers, Clarke and even Pardew a chance to catch up and overtake us.

I'd like to see evolution rather than revolution at the club and I think we should carry on along the path that we're on. We're probably only a playmaker and a striker away from the very top teams.

What concretely have 'the team' done, and why would it be bad to 'dismantle' it?

Has Benitez thrown his hat into the ring,

'The Premier League is a fantastic league,' he told the People. 'My family are still in Liverpool and it would be easy to stay.
'I would go to Italy or France or Spain but this is my No 1 choice.'
He added: 'I can say that a lot of fans are telling me I am doing a good job. You can't convince everyone but I'm sure a lot will be pleased with the job I have done. It has been a success, 100 per cent.
'I came here and did a professional job from day one.'

Moyes designed Finch Farm with the most advanced training facilities in the world. He got the artificial hill idea for the USA who trained basketball players running up and down forwards and backwards. He was fascinated to know how 6 foot 6 inch basketball men could jump so high. Moyes is not poorly paid. Everton made him a VERY wealthy man with a bank account lottery winners would drool over. He does not need to work and can live a 5 star life until he dies. If I was him, after putting in place the essential training facilities to his design, I would wait for the new stadium, which he was promised from day one - I would not leave. Then he would realize his dream in the organization he put in place team-wize, physical structural-wize and organizational-wize. Unfinished business.

Last edited:
Has Benitez thrown his hat into the ring,

'The Premier League is a fantastic league,' he told the People. 'My family are still in Liverpool and it would be easy to stay.
'I would go to Italy or France or Spain but this is my No 1 choice.'
He added: 'I can say that a lot of fans are telling me I am doing a good job. You can't convince everyone but I'm sure a lot will be pleased with the job I have done. It has been a success, 100 per cent.
'I came here and did a professional job from day one.'
I hope so.

Stuart McCall just named SPL Manager of the Year. Done great things with Motherwell, European experience, former Everton player...:drunk:

franny_1266478a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back