Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes net spend +16.5m.

Close to 30m difference and we moan about Moyes doesn't get backed.

Where do you get +16.5m and from which year you starting calculating? There is no way Moyes has a +16.5m net spend. 800k per season, Yes.

Martinez plays a similar style of football to what we played yesterday. If we saw that every week I'd be delighted
Does he really? You see I don't agree with this either. Don't get me wrong Wigan don't play Stoke stuff, but this beautiful football stuff with Martinez is a myth. I haven't seen them score too many goals like the one we scored yesterday.

Very true. But I think its more down to Martinez openness and naivety in games that the better teams latch on to, soak in them having the ball, and counterattack them. Then there's the days when they just don't turn up. Its no real surprise them getting battered by the United's etc.

He has them playing a certain way and doesn't change that. The team play it, don't score then eventually concede. Their heads go down but they still try to play the same way but without the same intensity.

The only time it seems that they seem to step up is when they're under the cosh at the end of the season, he tweaks a few things, and they end up getting results at the toughest of grounds...playing good football.

It seems more of a "don't worry, we keep playing this way, it'll work out". And it does for them...as Wigan's aim is to stay in the premiership.

There lies the problem. His naivety and reluctance to change until he really, really needs to. And when he does, he show's why a lot rate him highly.

Now, the only thing you can hope for that he's not as stubborn if he came here as bigger things are at stake. And the goodison faithful will let him know if he's being a bit daft...something he'll have never experienced.

If he had any sense, he'd know this, and step up his skills as we wont put up with the **** the Wigan fans would.

My concern is that his team are too relaxed and only start performing when they're really under pressure. Maybe it's his mediterranean, laid-back nature? Maybe his preparation and organisation is left wanting? If I was a chairman of a side who perennially struggle against relegation and are routinely hammered I would be thinking of replacing him with someone who achieves results rather than talking him up for the top jobs. Maybe there is a bit of myth-building going on at the DW?

Wage budget is a more accurate indication of well a club is performing. Wigan's wage budget is only about £40 million.

I think wages are hugely important , I'm not sureWigan have a single player who was earning say what Joe Yobo was earning so surely that impacts on the quality of player they can attract .

My concern is that his team are too relaxed and only start performing when they're really under pressure. Maybe it's his mediterranean, laid-back nature? Maybe his preparation and organisation is left wanting? If I was a chairman of a side who perennially struggle against relegation and are routinely hammered I would be thinking of replacing him with someone who achieves results rather than talking him up for the top jobs. Maybe there is a bit of myth-building going on at the DW?

Maybe he needs a club with bigger expectations?

It really is mental picking apart a man who's just tore Mancini and his team of expensively assembled superstars a new arse in a big cup final...not to mention what he did to Moyes and our team.

Incredible chutzpah from some of our fans on this score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back