Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see Duncan drifting in the betting. Anyone know if the big man has said anything or is it just bookie sh*te?

Is he? I thought he was playing as a RB?

I think we're moulding him into a CB in the U21 but it comes in handy that he can play at RB and if he gets anywhere near the first team it will be in that position. Browning plays RB and Stones is alongside Duffy. Moyes talked about his versatility as a centreback when he signed him.

Sheeds, McCarthy, Maloney, Mcmanaman, McCarthur and Kone and good players. The squad he has there is not as bad as some make out. The "He's worked wonders keeping them off the bottom" stuff doesn't wash with me. He's taking down a better squad of players than some of those above him. Very very poor.

No I wouldn't massively disagree with that and I'm not convinced that he's the answer but the sad reality is the short list isn't the best in the world but its what it is . It's not because its everton the RS struggled and without taking the mickey united have appointed a manager without a trophy to his name .

I think Martinez looks , at present , about the most likely candidate both in terms of availability & general CV . That bloke has just won the FA cup and deservedly so , they were the better team against both us and City .

I think if we have an argument that moyes will do better with better players then I suppose it's only appropriate to apply it to Martinez as well .

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...llow-top-four-contenders-chelsea-8432831.html

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/the.uns...moyes-wonders-on-a-shoestring-merely-a-cliche

Tight Toffees: Everton spending

* Net spend of ever-present clubs in the Premier League since 2002/03 - David Moyes' first full season in charge at Goodison Park.

Chelsea £526.5m

Manchester City £441.7m

Liverpool £173.8m

Tottenham £173.7m

Manchester United £155.4m

Aston Villa £103.7m

Arsenal £32.7m

Fulham £27.3m

Everton £13.9m

£13.9m divided by 11 seasons = £1.26m per season net spend

Last edited:
I reckon Martinez has turned down other jobs because he knows he has a job for life with Whelan.

Moving to RS and Villa might have lasted a year or so before the he would have been sacked. He knows at Everton he'll be given time by BK to succeed.

I really want Martinez, I like his football style (we have defensive coaches that will keep the defence tight), his loyalty, belief and his calm confident manner. He knows the PL and can work within a budget. No way BK takes a punt on a foreign manager.

For every new foreign manager that succeeds in the PL another fails. No better than British managers or ones that have managed in the PL before. I for one, don't see the fascination with them.

...er....you do realise Martinez is one of dem fer furreners, like :unsure:

:lol:

SOMETHING LIKE A PHENOMENOM

carlton-dance-o.gif

No I wouldn't massively disagree with that and I'm not convinced that he's the answer but the sad reality is the short list isn't the best in the world but its what it is . It's not because its everton the RS struggled and without taking the mickey united have appointed a manager without a trophy to his name .

I think Martinez looks , at present , about the most likely candidate both in terms of availability & general CV . That bloke has just won the FA cup and deservedly so , they were the better team against both us and City .

I think if we have an argument that moyes will do better with better players then I suppose it's only appropriate to apply it to Martinez as well .

Brilliantly put as always sheeds

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...llow-top-four-contenders-chelsea-8432831.html

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/the.uns...moyes-wonders-on-a-shoestring-merely-a-cliche

* Net spend of ever-present clubs in the Premier League since 2002/03 - David Moyes' first full season in charge at Goodison Park.

Chelsea £526.5m

Manchester City £441.7m

Liverpool £173.8m

Tottenham £173.7m

Aston Villa £103.7m

Arsenal £32.7m

Fulham £27.3m

Everton £13.9m

£13.9m divided by 10 seasons = £1.39m per season net spend

Why you divided it by seasons??

I give up mate.

Sheeds, McCarthy, Maloney, Mcmanaman, McCarthur and Kone and good players. The squad he has there is not as bad as some make out. The "He's worked wonders keeping them off the bottom" stuff doesn't wash with me. He's taking down a better squad of players than some of those above him. Very very poor.

who's squad is he finishing below that is worse than theirs? the only one i can think of is norwich and i think wigan's is a bit worse. They have to play gary caldwell their team is so bad.

Hes spent 24m more than Moyes mate.

Moyes gets 6th, he gets 18th and the Championship.

Bossness of bosses.

yeah but come on, moyes was in charge of the 4th most successful team in England, yes at the start of his reign he couldn't attract the best of players, but they were still much better than anything that wigan can attract.

How are you suppose to attract good players to wigan, there's nothing about them remotely interesting. He's also won more honours as a coach than moyes despite being at less successful clubs. Moyes took us to 17th as well remember, with a team too good to be down there.

Chelsea £526.5m

Manchester City £441.7m

Liverpool £173.8m

Tottenham £173.7m

Aston Villa £103.7m

Arsenal £32.7m

Fulham £27.3m

Everton £13.9m

£13.9m divided by 10 seasons = £1.39m per season net spend

Thats actually not far off exactly what I said!!!!

£16.5M I said, Martinez is at -£11.65M

Right Net spend of 17.5m divided by 10 = 1.95m, Multiply that by 12 and subtract it by 3 leaves you with 12.57m

Take that 12.57m and subtract 10m and you get a net spend of 2.57m over 11 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back