Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think wages are hugely important , I'm not sureWigan have a single player who was earning say what Joe Yobo was earning so surely that impacts on the quality of player they can attract .
Sheeds, McCarthy, Maloney, Mcmanaman, McCarthur and Kone and good players. The squad he has there is not as bad as some make out. The "He's worked wonders keeping them off the bottom" stuff doesn't wash with me. He's taking down a better squad of players than some of those above him. Very very poor.

Maybe he needs a club with bigger expectations?

It really is mental picking apart a man who's just tore Mancini and his team of expensively assembled superstars a new arse in a big cup final...not to mention what he did to Moyes and our team.

Incredible chutzpah from some of our fans on this score.

He turned down the red****e. Anyone with that sort of good taste has to be considered "chosen". Good enough for me.

If he reminds everyone of that at his signing on press conference it will have the same effect as the "People's Club" quote from Moyes.

Sorry his past record did not convince me. As some kippers said he spent 24m more than Moyes since 2009 and yet Wigan finish at 16th/17th.

You can't really pick and choose years to suit your argument. Surely you have to add the cost of both teams at present.

No mate, your wrong that's from 2003/04.

£16.85 Since Moyes has been here, which if you didnt know was March 02.

That is bullsh1t. £800k per season from 03/04. Don't tell me Moyes spent £8m (net spend) from March 2002 till start of the 03/04 season.

Maybe he needs a club with bigger expectations?

It really is mental picking apart a man who's just tore Mancini and his team of expensively assembled superstars a new arse in a big cup final...not to mention what he did to Moyes and our team.

Incredible chutzpah from some of our fans on this score.

I think he's got one tactic and it only works away from home. Could you stand to lose 9 games at Goodison (as he has done at the DW) and a handful of 3-0 and 4-0 beatings? They're not even an all-out attacking side like Blackpool, so there's no way they should be so open. He's proved he's got the players to record shut-outs, so where is it going wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back