Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if your chairman wants you to win the cup more than stay up. Which i think Whelan really wanted.
I don't think Martinez did and he's stated that. We've all got opinions on this and clearly they're split. No problem at all with those that want him and will embrace his appointment. My personal opinion is I don't think he's gotten the best out of that squad he's got so I'm not convinced he will get the best out of ours. His potential appointment as our new manager concerns me.

People saying Martinez would have us fighting relegation.

If Martinez has avoided relegation for three seasons with a s***e squad compared to ours, why on earth would he be fighting relegation with our squad ?

The quality of the players alone will make us mid table.

its his squad though mate! every single one of those players are his!!

so its HIS ****e squad! not average but ****e squad!

Love vitor just because he has the europe expeirence and could pick up some gems but he could take time to adapt to our league or maybe flop all toghether. Martinez on the other hand knows this league and although hes being in relagation scrap for most years he does get them to stay in . He has the right attacking players but they have gash defence . I wouldnt mind him as manager and neville assitant or let stubbs be assitant and neville the under 21s . If he did come i hope he doesnt play a back 3 as we have a solid defence much prefer a 4-3-3 with gibson barkley and fer as a midfield then a mirallas on the right then a new striker then pienaar or oviedo on the left

So do not say Martinez has a minus budget and Wigan made a profit of £11.65m on players etc = good achievement. When Wigan go down tomorrow, they will lose £60m/£70m every season for not playing in the Premier League.

Try telling that to Fergie, Charlton and the United board.

I still cant believe that appointment. I suppose the way to look at it is that Ferguson is still there and will still be a big influence on the team, so things wont slip that badly if or when Moyes is struggling. Also, once Ferguson has had a year out, and if Moyes is struggling, SAF I have no doubt would step back in.

In short: they have insurance cover.

[Poor language removed], Did I miss the open top bus parade for those finishes

I'd rather those finishes then relagation battle year after year then relagation and an F.A cup. Martinez is a massively over rated manager. The fact people want him here worrys me about just how small time our fan acually think about our club.

I'd rather those finishes then relagation battle year after year then relagation and an F.A cup. Martinez is a massively over rated manager. The fact people want him here worrys me about just how small time our fan acually think about our club.

Martinez's lover just keep banging on the F.A Cup but ignore the fact that Wigan is going down and thus losing £60m thereafter per season.

its his squad though mate! every single one of those players are his!!

so its HIS ****e squad! not average but ****e squad!

When you're having to pay terrible wages and sign players for free or for £500k the majority of the time you're bound to end up with a lot of crap.

Wigan's scouting network won't be the best either i'd wager.

Good point about big Joe.

Still, we are talking a few years laters and as Tubey hit on, we are hardly a team battling relegation.

Someone who can take us forward, not meek and backward

When you're having to pay terrible wages and sign players for free or for £500k the majority of the time you're bound to end up with a lot of crap.

Wigan's scouting network won't be the best either i'd wager.

as a manager is it not your job to sort the scouting out?

No, they're not ignoring the relegation factor. What they are correctly saying is that his squad would not look out of place in the Championship.

Going down does not mean you will go straight back up even your squad would not look out of place (on paper). Wolves play in League 1 next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back