Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing about the 'Martinez & relegation' shouts - supposedly Martinez comes to Everton and immediately we're battling relegation. Really? Even with Howard, Coleman, Jags, Distin, Pienaar, Osman, Mirallas, Anichebe, Gibson, Jelavic. Maybe Baines & Fellaini are still at the club, or maybe they leave for massive money and we get new players in.

If that's the case, is Moyes - who's only finished higher than 5th once in 11 seasons, suddenly going to have Utd finishing 5th and 6th every year? Or is it a case like Martinez - that he'd have a superior calibre of players to work with, and thus wouldn't finish as low down as each man did at their previous club?

At which point it all comes down to their skill as a coach. And I'd say that, in one-off games (vs us at Goodison, City in the final, previous years he's beaten Utd etc), Martinez has shown his ability.

Last edited:
Another thing about the 'Martinez & relegation' shouts - supposedly Martinez comes to Everton and immediately we're battling relegation. Bam! Even with Howard, Coleman, Jags, Distin, Pienaar, Osman, Mirallas, Anichebe, Gibson, Jelavic. Maybe Baines & Fellaini are still at the club, or maybe they leave for massive money and we get new players in.

If that's the case, is Moyes - who's only finished higher than 5th once in 11 seasons, suddenly going to have Utd finishing 5th and 6th every year? Or is it a case like Martinez - that he'd have a superior calibre of players to work with, and thus wouldn't finish as low down as each man did at their previous club?

At which point it all comes down to their skill as a coach. And I'd say that, in one-off games (vs us at Goodison, City in the final, previous years he's beaten Utd etc), Martinez has shown his ability.

Spot on.

We'd stay up regardless of the manager imo. At least for a few years.

Spot on.

We'd stay up regardless of the manager imo. At least for a few years.

At which point, hopefully Martinez (or whoever) would have found his feet, made some good signings themselves and the club would have carried on. Hate that people are acting like Martinez is absolute rubbish - he's won a trophy, against the richest club in the land. He's not exactly a dummy, and he's no Mike Walker.

He 'deserves his opportunity at a big club', as people always used to say about Moyes.

Last edited:
Ramis has been hampered with injuries, Boselli came from Argentina with a prolific goal scoring record.

Not every manager gets it right, the greatest manager this country has produced forked out £7.5million on Bebe.

Speaking of dud defenders though we can't forget Moyes spent £5m on Kroldrup.

yeah i know but when money is tight like us and wigan you cant fook up to much and to me half of matinez's squad is ****e and he has brought all of them!

A lot of money gone on Stubbs tonight.

I think that'll keep happening mate we've had lennon move dramatically and a fair few of the others to . People hear whispers and others jump on it and people like to earn a few quid as well by manipulating the prices .

I honestly think at the minute at best anyone who bets on a whisper is betting on a 'possibility' as I'm not sure we are even capable of moving that fast .

People saying Martinez would have us fighting relegation.

If Martinez has avoided relegation for three seasons with a s***e squad compared to ours, why on earth would he be fighting relegation with our squad ?

The quality of the players alone will make us mid table.

Same reason why he took over a team who finished 11th and made them permanent relagation battles and now relagated.

Martinez in Sporting Life: "But I don't believe it is just about jumping on the success train. Football should be about working with long-term ambitions and giving opportunities to youngsters."

Message received.

Even Walter Smith took over a terrible squad and was given money to spend, before having Ferguson sold from under him, having to sell his signings like Materazzi, Dacourt, etc., we were THOUGHT OF AS A MASSIVE CLUB. One that was underachieving. Sleeping Giant. Now we're a top 6-7 club again Moyes' brilliant managing and manipulation of the media has led to people like Dave Whelan saying we're not a big European club anymore. Absolute crap. If it was not for Everton, Liverpool would not even exist!

Plenty of people in Europe would love to manage Everton. Of course we could entice a Pereira but the worry is, he'll be led on like Moyes waiting for money to spend or a new stadium or new investment and will never get it.

Trust me, and it's down to people like you, EVERTON is one of the coolest clubs, like Napoli, in the world. Like River Plate like Boca Juniors like Inter Milan. Even that young brazilian kid Neymar called Man Utd boring. Moyes is a [Poor language removed] for ditching us.

Let's not go for a Martinez lets go for a big-name. Someone who if he doesn't get us top 4 has failed! Martinez and the board overseeing him would be happy with top 12.

It's got to be a Pereira or a potential Mourinho. Someone inspiring. Even a Bilic.

I have faith in Alan Stubbs more than a Martinez. Stubbs could defend, and he's done well in the job he's been given at Everton. He's a liverpudlian with an accent who could really inspire his signings to play for the badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back