Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royle got Oldham relegated didn't he ?
came to us and won the cup.
finished 6th in his first full season.
when he joined, that team was pish compared to the one we've got now

He got a good send off though when he left.. Guard of honour and all the fanfare though..

john-stones-joins-everton-fc-4820021_zps436b8d63.jpg

alan-stubbs-david-moyes.jpg

I would ask what are we as EFC aiming for

Are we aiming to win the PL ? How many clubs can honestly say that Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man C

Are we aiming to qualify for the CL ? ie 1st -4th ? Tough ask given that Spurs, the RS will also perhaps be involved..only done it once in 11 years.

Are we going for the Europa ?? Achievable deffo

But what is the main target for everyone outside the top 7? To stay in the Premier League....Thats what is so important in the era we are in now because of the money .....and possibly a cup on the way

that is the mind set like it or not and unless we get money thrown at us we have little chance of winning the PL and a chance of the top 4

sorry but that is my take on it ...

Money permitting, could Stubbs bring Rooney back?

That would be a hell of a statement if he could pull that off.

I would ask what are we as EFC aiming for

Are we aiming to win the PL ? How many clubs can honestly say that Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man C

Are we aiming to qualify for the CL ? ie 1st -4th ? Tough ask given that Spurs, the RS will also perhaps be involved..only done it once in 11 years.

Are we going for the Europa ?? Achievable deffo

But what is the main target for everyone outside the top 7? To stay in the Premier League....Thats what is so important in the era we are in now because of the money .....and possibly a cup on the way

that is the mind set like it or not and unless we get money thrown at us we have little chance of winning the PL and a chance of the top 4

sorry but that is my take on it ...

European Qualification, either CL or EL.

Silverware in general.

That's what EFC is aiming for.

Will the Martinez brigade still be beating his drum if he takes Wigan down this week, which looks likely?

And those quotes from rent-a-quote Dave Whelan about us not being big enough for him are laughable. This is the limelight hogging tw*t who wanted a minutes silence for Thatcher at football grounds across the country recently.

I don't trust BK one bit and fear he'll choose someone to suit Bill Kenwright rather than someone who will take this club forward.

Yes, because if you read what everyone has posted multiple times in the last couple of hours, him getting relegated has no bearing on it.

Joe Royle was relegated with Oldham 6 months before he took the Everton job.
Billy Bingham was relegated with Plymouth Argyle to Division 3, 5 years before he took the Everton job in 1973. Two years later he nearly won the league with us (and should have done, if we'd won just 3 of our last 8 games instead of 1 of our last 8).
Moyes had never managed in the Prem and lost a play off final to get to the Prem.

There are plenty of precedents of people getting the Everton job who weren't exactly pulling up trees in certain ways. You look at what the guy did at his previous club overall, what his restrictions were, and what he can bring to the club in a managerial style.

Will the Martinez brigade still be beating his drum if he takes Wigan down this week, which looks likely?

And those quotes from rent-a-quote Dave Whelan about us not being big enough for him are laughable. This is the limelight hogging tw*t who wanted a minutes silence for Thatcher at football grounds across the country recently.

I don't trust BK one bit and fear he'll choose someone to suit Bill Kenwright rather than someone who will take this club forward.

Can't blame Whelan for wanting to up the compo for his manager, if are chairman was as forward thinking we might have got afew bob for ours

I meant more the fact that they are good mates and if any Everton manager could sign him would be Stubbs.

I can already see it now

Wayne: Fergi dad I wanta go bk2 da blews
Daddy Ferg: Iyy wane lad?
Wayne: COZ UNCLE STUBBS LUVS ME LOADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back