Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't get the Martinez talk. The guy won the cup, beating us not because his team played amazing football. He beat us because we were shockingly S**t that day and simply didn't turn up. If we'd even half turned up they'd have been bumped out of the cup, and would anyone be giving him a serious shout for the job then?

I seriously don't get the Martinez talk. The guy won the cup, beating us not because his team played amazing football. He beat us because we were shockingly S**t that day and simply didn't turn up. If we'd even half turned up they'd have been bumped out of the cup, and would anyone be giving him a serious shout for the job then?

I don't buy that.

We didn't play well against them on Boxing Day and still won 2-1, they played very well when they beat us 3-0 and they played very well when they beat Man City.

good post. the majority are backing him cos they're affected by the media/bookies/consensus and have no minds of their own, nevermind in life, forget football.

and p.s i hope moyes gets the sack at man utd or brings them down within months cos he made everton into a small club with his sly management of the media and lack of respect for us, when even in walter smith's spell, we were thought of as an underachieving club a sleeping giant but he somehow is a fluky manager but who has won nothing plus he's a [Poor language removed].

even as he leaves us but is still our manager he says 'they'll never be as big as they were in the 80s' he's a [Poor language removed] and all moyes lovers can suck my nuts i love everton not moyes. sad the way he's manipulated kids and people don't know the real him who is only in it for himself and he'd probably have joined liverpool for 'better things' if he'd been offered the job a while ago. moyes can do one. legend? what's he won for us? yes i agree he's done a good job but legend? do one

Last edited:

And the post which followed this one shows you don't have a mind either.

yeh right. it totally shows that. that i don't like moyes and how he's told all young evertonians that we're a small club that are lucky to have him (from day one). nice. it totally shows that doesn't it? yeh lol well done

some of you will be watching man utd games on tv looking at moyes like he's Everton fc. you can't admit it but you know it's true. it's laughable.

bet you any money rooney leaves. he's a proper evertonian.

yeh right. it totally shows that. that i don't like moyes and how he's told all young evertonians that we're a small club that are lucky to have him (from day one). nice. it totally shows that doesn't it? yeh lol well done

some of you will be watching man utd games on tv looking at moyes like he's Everton fc. you can't admit it but you know it's true. it's laughable.

The fact that you said Moyes 'made Everton into a small club' shows that you're utterly clueless.

Under him we've gone from bottom half of the table, relegation fighters to a stable top 7 side. Argue what you want about the media perception of Everton but to imply that he himself has caused us to somehow become a small club compared to the years previous where we nearly got sent down to the second division is complete garbage.

Stuff like this:

I think Moyes should leave now. The players are not gonna be arsed in the final two games now and it's just inevitable that that will be the case.

Which was followed by a brilliant performance where we could have easily scored 5 or 6 goals shows your level of perception when it comes to football.

Last edited:

If anyone who wants martinez doesn't have a mind of their own tell us who you want.

But be careful, you can't pick anyone who has already been suggested.

that i don't share the moyes fc consensus proves i don't have a mind of my own doesn't it? that i have an opinion not shared by many proves that i don't have a mind of my own, and most of all, it proves im not passionate about everton. right?

this is a man who even after his big farewell at goodison tells everyone but the ervton tv channel 'they'll never be as big as they were in the 80s'

face it u get offended if anyone attacks moyes. we could have had a league manager replace him and win us the title in 2005 but you'd still be offended cos you've been so affected by media/consensus and all that. I'm with people who are passionate about Everton not David Moyes.

that i don't share the moyes fc consensus proves i don't have a mind of my own doesn't it? that i have an opinion not shared by many proves that i don't have a mind of my own, and most of all, it proves im not passionate about everton. right?

There's no such thing as a 'Moyes FC consensus', there is however a general consensus that he did a lot more good than harm for our club over the past decade. Doesn't mean you're mindless if you think that, it's simply looking at the facts. The team now is in a far stronger position than it was when he took over.

If anyone who wants martinez doesn't have a mind of their own tell us who you want.

But be careful, you can't pick anyone who has already been suggested.

it doesn't matter who i pick, it matters who BK picks. and he only picked Moyes cos there was a general 'lets pick an upcoming modern day young manager like Steve Mclaren' vibe on the net about him at that time. get real

There's no such thing as a 'Moyes FC consensus', there is however a general consensus that he did a lot more good than harm for our club over the past decade. Doesn't mean you're mindless if you think that, it's simply looking at the facts. The team now is in a far stronger position than it was when he took over.

Walter Smith had a far harder job with a ****tier squad and left Moyes in a better position. I don't disagree with your claims but people are so messed up in their love for Moyes when he's brought us no trophies. Even BK is saying David Moyes was one of our all-time great managers. what for? taking us to the brink of champions league group matches but losing and taking us to an fa cup final? Joe Royle had less time ffs and brought us real glory. Walter Smith left Moyes with a chance. And Moyes leaves the next manager with a chance I don't disagree. But why is Roberto Martinez the consensus? cos bookies make him favourite? sad.

The fact that Moyes was favourite to rplace Ferguson as far back as 10 years ago should tell you the fake charade we're all part of. Carsley and Gravesen were signed by Smith by the way, not Moyes. And Carsley was a big part of our top 4 team. Weir signed for 250k, Stubbs too brought in by Smith who Moyes re-signed after wrongly selling him. People are so short-sighted in their love for Moyes, but it in reality it was Smith who started bringing in international players not Moyes. Even Moyes knows that. But people say the dark days of Smith.. It's all about Moyes, not Everton, and that pisses me off. He got rid of an Evertonian, and fell out of with a great young palyer, in Rooney, who has turned into a fat slow [Poor language removed] for Man Utd. He could have been our Maradona. I've never forgiven him for that. Management of the media perception and people's perception. Moyes I want to fail at Man Utd and I hope he ends up managing Coventry in 3 years. But I guess some of you want Man Utd to win the league and CL next year right?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back