Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so moyes says that Everton will never be as good as the 80's and this is like a slap in the face to you?

So in the 80's, a time when billionaire owners didn't excist we had a very good team and won the league and cups a few times with an excellent team. Whilst Everton and Liverpool pretty much dominated the era.

What's the issue? Do you think we're going to pull a few PL title's out the bag in the forseable future? Dominate the London and Manchester teams? Find multi-milIons buried under the GP turf to invest in world class players and build a stadium??

Moyes is right whether you like it or not....when moyes took the job he was never gonna bring the 80's back, nor is our next manager. And unless there's massive change at board level or in the PL money men all going bust then you aint having the 80's back pal.

Or is it just because he said it that bothers you? I think comments made by moyes that day were all about how big of club we were, how good a set of players he was leaving, how amazing the fans were ect... To pick up on none of this yet to pick up on 2 little bits he says whilst full of emotion and having questions thrown at him left, right and center....Well personally I think your views are clouded by a obvious hatred for moyes.

So Everton ain't gonna be as good as the 80's - Well he's right, we ain't in the forseable.
He's moving on to better things - Well yes in his job as a sctottish non evertonian football manager he certainly is.

You don´t have a problem at all hearing it? Good for you.

If any manager had the right to talk about himself and how we had raised a club it is Sir Alex but he never did that to Manchester united fans and made the media think of Manchester united as a small club he never went on about how he had progressed the club non stop every chance he had he never does that but David Moyes does and always has that's something you don't seem to get why don't you go ans support man United because you love David Moyes your obvious love for David Moyes is clouding your judgement too but that's just my opinion! You think it's okay for our current manager to use the term 'they' will never be as successful as they were in the 80s towards his own club okay fine Just remember whose manager he is right now You are defending someone who is leaving us you are not defending an evertonian in you're attacking an evertonian

It's patata - patato tho pal, based on a hatred for moyes. Just a quick look thru ur previous posts in various threads shows your dislike for moyes.

Through his interview's he kept referring to Everton as US or We so is that wrong or right or not matter? He's a Scotsman and there language is different in the context they use/say things.

"Go and support man utd" because of defending moyes? Jesus Christ...

Maybe I need to go to the games more aswell, to be a "proper fan"

Last edited:
You don´t have a problem at all hearing it? Good for you.

Why would I ?? He makes a couple of comments that are true....suppose the truth hurts.

If I have any problem, it's the numbskulls that have been running our club since the hey days of the 80's and between them have let it fall to what is is today.

Certainly not for a manager who came in 2002 and gave his all for 11yrs picking us up from on our arse along the way!

Why would I ?? He makes a couple of comments that are true....suppose the truth hurts.

If I have any problem, it's the numbskulls that have been running our club since the hey days of the 80's and between them have let it fall to what is is today.

Certainly not for a manager who came in 2002 and gave his all for 11yrs picking us up from on our arse along the way!

Everton or David Moyes supporter?

I believe that Moyes could have stayed with us for another 11 years and not made us as good as Everton in the '80's.

However if he's given 11 years at Manchester United, I'm sure he'll make them as good as they were in the '80's.

I'm not arsed about what Moyes had said to the media, he will be gone sunday and yet the truth hurts when he said we're not as good as the 80 and moving on to better things, because both statement are true to him. Lets move on and hopefully we will get a new manager who believes in us and will fight for us because Moyes heart now belongs to Man u. Hope we go out and beat his dream team when they come for a visit next season.

I'm not arsed about what Moyes had said to the media, he will be gone sunday and yet the truth hurts when he said we're not as good as the 80 and moving on to better things, because both statement are true to him. Lets move on and hopefully we will get a new manager who believes in us and will fight for us because Moyes heart now belongs to Man u. Hope we go out and beat his dream team when they come for a visit next season.

Congratulations mate, that's the first step to letting go.

a mate of mine (brighton season ticket holder all his life) talking about poyet!! not won a game after gong behind in 100 games!!!! :o

(dont know how true the 100 games bit is)

Class after match comments there from Poyet.

I honestly think he believes his own hype. No club is going to want him. He is a one trick pony. ****ing hope he does leave. Tonight was a perfect summing up of my issues with him. Holloway did a job on him tonight, and he was completely clueless how to counter it. Seen it time after time this season. The difference between the two sides tonight, was the managers. He's not going to get near Chelsea, and Everton won't touch him. I messaged at half time, this is where Poyet earns his corn. We have not gone behind and won for 100 games. Too me that is not a manager who can adapt. A top manager can adapt, Poyet makes subs, swaps like for like, thats all he ever does. His theory is if it don't work, move on to the next game. Too many managers have done a job on him this season, and he is clueless how to change things, because he has one way of playing, and thats it. Holloway is a horrible little ****, but he done Poyet up like a kipper tonight!

Men Vs Boys.... and that's just the benches!!

His comments after sum the bloke up. Hopefully Tony Bloom will take no **** of him, and accept his resignation and we can move on, because the squad is nearly there. Need someone with experience who can use it.

If Poyets talking about reaching the roof, I think he needs to look no further than a mirror!!

Last edited:
2500799754_4e80a5a5d0_z.jpg

We need a new manager who will stand up to man u and Moyes when he comes back to raid our club, could Martinez do that?

and p.s i hope moyes gets the sack at man utd or brings them down within months cos he made everton into a small club with his sly management of the media and lack of respect for us, when even in walter smith's spell, we were thought of as an underachieving club a sleeping giant but he somehow is a fluky manager but who has won nothing plus he's a [Poor language removed].

even as he leaves us but is still our manager he says 'they'll never be as big as they were in the 80s' he's a [Poor language removed] and all moyes lovers can suck my nuts i love everton not moyes. sad the way he's manipulated kids and people don't know the real him who is only in it for himself and he'd probably have joined liverpool for 'better things' if he'd been offered the job a while ago. moyes can do one. legend? what's he won for us? yes i agree he's done a good job but legend? do one

What a load of Sh1t....... how old are you ffs ? The biggest job in the world comes along and he's gonna turn it down ?

Everton or David Moyes supporter?

What a strange question? Everton of course, but I've been a moyes supporter also whilst he's been our manager IMO doing a very good job. Once Sunday comes and he's gone then I have no reason to support moyes or have any real intrest about what he's doing apart from I would always defend what he did for us here in his time here.

On a different note, I've defended him with comments made recently, accepting the job now, carrying on for us last 2 games ect....
But seeing this morning that he had a meeting with SAF and Giggs yesterday at a hotel I'm not impressed about. Surely that can wait a week.

Well this thread is going nowhere.

I still can't see us getting a new boss until way into next month, maybe even July time.

The Everton Way.

We need a new manager who will stand up to man u and Moyes when he comes back to raid our club, could Martinez do that?

It may not be a bad thing. We need to rebuild and that probably means sales before buying. Felli 22m and Baines 15m may create room for 6 good quality players. If they included Lescott, a top draw striker, and B2B midfielder as well as some squaddies it may not be too bad. My concern is that the Board may snaffle the funds into OOC.

I am not adverse to it.

Not sure Martinez is the answer though. In fact, I do not have a strong position on the new manager at all, but against the tide if Rafael or Neville got it I wouldn't cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back