Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which was followed by a brilliant performance where we could have easily scored 5 or 6 goals...

Certainly not disagreeing with you on this point you made but, out of curiosity, would you consider there may have been a sense of "auditioning" from the players?

Bloody hell, obvious troll is obvious.

ur the troll mate. thinking moyes saying 'they'll never be as good as they were in the 80s'

is ok. and acceptable. from an everton manager. i hate people who call other passionate fans trolls. they r like people who say 'hey i pay my taxes'

ur the troll mate. thinking moyes saying 'they'll never be as good as they were in the 80s'

is ok. and acceptable. from an everton manager. i hate people who call other passionate fans trolls. they r like people who say 'hey i pay my taxes'

Where/when did he say this? I'd like to see it..

I seriously don't get the Martinez talk. The guy won the cup, beating us not because his team played amazing football. He beat us because we were shockingly S**t that day and simply didn't turn up. If we'd even half turned up they'd have been bumped out of the cup, and would anyone be giving him a serious shout for the job then?

most important thing about martinez is his ability to work with limited resources. just like moyes.
another one is that he has shown patience with wigan. shows character to stick with team that has been fighting relegation for many years.

These are the two most important factors why martinez is hot favourite
( im absolutely sure BK is a sort of person who sees these thingys very important, vital,if i may)

Other stuff, tactics + FACup is just a bonus in the eyes of BK imo.

(anyways, im not saying he is my nro uno)

Ok, so moyes says that Everton will never be as good as the 80's and this is like a slap in the face to you?

So in the 80's, a time when billionaire owners didn't excist we had a very good team and won the league and cups a few times with an excellent team. Whilst Everton and Liverpool pretty much dominated the era.

What's the issue? Do you think we're going to pull a few PL title's out the bag in the forseable future? Dominate the London and Manchester teams? Find multi-milIons buried under the GP turf to invest in world class players and build a stadium??

Moyes is right whether you like it or not....when moyes took the job he was never gonna bring the 80's back, nor is our next manager. And unless there's massive change at board level or in the PL money men all going bust then you aint having the 80's back pal.

Or is it just because he said it that bothers you? I think comments made by moyes that day were all about how big of club we were, how good a set of players he was leaving, how amazing the fans were ect... To pick up on none of this yet to pick up on 2 little bits he says whilst full of emotion and having questions thrown at him left, right and center....Well personally I think your views are clouded by a obvious hatred for moyes.

So Everton ain't gonna be as good as the 80's - Well he's right, we ain't in the forseable.
He's moving on to better things - Well yes in his job as a sctottish non evertonian football manager he certainly is.

good post. the majority are backing him cos they're affected by the media/bookies/consensus and have no minds of their own, nevermind in life, forget football.

And because there's isn't an obvious candidate out there who a. we could afford, or b. ticks many boxes as a safe and talented
option. Not in Britain, anyway.

Ok, so moyes says that Everton will never be as good as the 80's and this is like a slap in the face to you?

So in the 80's, a time when billionaire owners didn't excist we had a very good team and won the league and cups a few times with an excellent team. Whilst Everton and Liverpool pretty much dominated the era.

What's the issue? Do you think we're going to pull a few PL title's out the bag in the forseable future? Dominate the London and Manchester teams? Find multi-milIons buried under the GP turf to invest in world class players and build a stadium??

Moyes is right whether you like it or not....when moyes took the job he was never gonna bring the 80's back, nor is our next manager. And unless there's massive change at board level or in the PL money men all going bust then you aint having the 80's back pal.

Or is it just because he said it that bothers you? I think comments made by moyes that day were all about how big of club we were, how good a set of players he was leaving, how amazing the fans were ect... To pick up on none of this yet to pick up on 2 little bits he says whilst full of emotion and having questions thrown at him left, right and center....Well personally I think your views are clouded by a obvious hatred for moyes.

So Everton ain't gonna be as good as the 80's - Well he's right, we ain't in the forseable.
He's moving on to better things - Well yes in his job as a sctottish non evertonian football manager he certainly is.

If any manager had the right to talk about himself and how we had raised a club it is Sir Alex but he never did that to Manchester united fans and made the media think of Manchester united as a small club he never went on about how he had progressed the club non stop every chance he had he never does that but David Moyes does and always has that's something you don't seem to get why don't you go ans support man United because you love David Moyes your obvious love for David Moyes is clouding your judgement too but that's just my opinion! You think it's okay for our current manager to use the term 'they' will never be as successful as they were in the 80s towards his own club okay fine Just remember whose manager he is right now You are defending someone who is leaving us you are not defending an evertonian in you're attacking an evertonian

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back