Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Wigan are trying to win at The Emirates for the second season on the bounce tonight. Something else Martinez has done that Moyes hasn't (winning something being the obvious other).

Just saying like.

Moyes has finished in the top half of the table, qualified for Europe through the league and didn't spend actual money on Jason Scotland.

Tonight, it's quite likely that Martinez will get relegated. Something else Moyes hasn't managed.

Just saying like.

By the way, Wigan are trying to win at The Emirates for the second season on the bounce tonight. Something else Martinez has done that Moyes hasn't (winning something being the obvious other).

Just saying like.

If he gets the job, when he leads us into total mediocrity or relegation, I'll pop back to this thread and hunt down all you Martinez lovers and say I told you so

Just saying like

If he gets the job, when he leads us into total mediocrity or relegation, I'll pop back to this thread and hunt down all you Martinez lovers and say I told you so

Just saying like

Me too. I don't want Martinez to become our new manager.

Moyes has finished in the top half of the table, qualified for Europe through the league and didn't spend actual money on Jason Scotland.

Tonight, it's quite likely that Martinez will get relegated. Something else Moyes hasn't managed.

Just saying like.

Bluejock speaks sense

Just saying like

Does shearer have his pro license too? Not sure.

Also Duncan now has coaching experience, shearer didn't have any at a bad Newcastle side.

Coaching 15 year old kids is not the ideal preparation for managing a Premier League club.

Just saying like

I don't think he's many peoples first choice to be honest. But when names like Lennon, Hughes, Stubbs and Benitez are coming up, Martinez doesn't sound too bad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22515347

"Coming here, the first season we didn't have money for transfers so we had to try to get high-quality free transfers, which we managed to do. In the summer there, we were given a sum of money to go out and get a better quality in again.
But as the levels rise, you've still got to be cute, to be prudent with the money. The owner is certainly someone who doesn't throw good money after bad and every penny I spend, I document and give him a reason as to why it's been spent. It's not about gut feeling, it's about business reasons as to why we should buy players. So that doesn't change. You try to get good players in and they've got to be value for money."

Code:
"Come and get me, Bill".

Bluejock speaks sense

Just saying like

I don't understand where the love coming from. Just because of the F.A Cup? For god sake they are going down tonight. Even Martinez has minus budget and made £11.65m profit on players, don't forget they will play in the Championship and would lose £60m for not playing in the Premier League next season.

Last edited:

Just saying like.

^ this.

I'm resigned to him being unveiled as our new manager at some point in the next week, but he's not a manager that I rate highly & think he'll be totally exposed at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back