Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst fully understanding the logic behind that post and wholeheartedly agreeing with it, why would there be "obvious (contractual) reasons" behind not announcing Neville is United bound?

Moyes is wtill tied to us contractually but it dodn't stop them announcing he was leaving.

I think Neville's contract doesn't expire until June 30th, and he hasn't officially announced his retirement from playing yet. His main focus at the moment is going to Israel with the Under 21s in the next few weeks to do some coaching there. Things have moved so quickly this week, and with Moyes not officially taking charge of United until July 1st, it's a tricky area. Nobody really knows what Kenwright is going to do yet either.

United only announced Moyes because they had to, due to being legally unable to hide information from the NY Stock Exchange. Whether Neville goes to Utd as a coach or not has no bearing on big business (not in the same way Moyes being manager does), so they can take their time with that.

I'll be utterly shocked if Neville is still with Everton in a non-playing/coaching capacity next season though.

Last edited:
Tony Scott mentioned before that we should be aiming higher than Martinez, and I agree with him, just shows how unambitious if our board make a move for the lower division managers or near enough relegation managers.

We should be aiming for top European managers that will bring us success, or top English ones.

Pereira/Benitez/Mancini/Tuchel any of them would make me very happy, it's about time our board went out and shown the same amount of ambition as us, fans.

Tony Scott mentioned before that we should be aiming higher than Martinez, and I agree with him, just shows how unambitious if our board make a move for the lower division managers or near enough relegation managers.

We should be aiming for top European managers that will bring us success, or top English ones.

Pereira/Benitez/Mancini/Tuchel any of them would make me very happy, it's about time our board went out and shown the same amount of ambition as us, fans.

'How much will i get to spend?!'... Bill: 'Ermmmm......' *hangs up*

Spot on.

Unfortunately people don't have the evaluative skills to recognise Martinez's abilities combined with our squad would probably work quite well, and that we certainly wouldn't 'sink' as some people on here are saying.

And to think you took offence at my comment stating 'some' people were being delusional :lol: . You're is a downright insult lol, if only I had your intellect! :blink:

If Martinez is to be our next manager, we need a strong assistant.

Wigan under Martinez seem rather meek. They have been on the wrong end of a hiding plenty of occasions, and some of them they have started off well and wilted after going a goal down.

Wigan under Martinez seem rather meek. They have been on the wrong end of a hiding plenty of occasions, and some of them they have started off well and wilted after going a goal down.

Then it would be Stubbs as assistant being a former defender and all. Would make sense.

Look Bill is waiting for us to make up our minds. He wants to do the right thing, get the man us fans want.

So have we picked one? If so tell Bill.

Can we pick soon as I want me bed.

Was saying the other day Martinez don't inspire teams. He knows how to set them up decent but if things don't go according to plan the team just crumbles.

Our defence and our ability to come back from behind has been our spine this season I just don't see why people want a manager who has proven he ruins that to come in and manage us. We need someone who can build on what we have. Martinez to me seems like the opposite to what we want to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back