Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who know their formations, what would our line up look like if we lined up the same formation Martinez likes to use.

Amongst others Brian Clough , arsene wenger , Rafael Benitez & joe royle have all been relegated however tony pullis never has . I presume cv wise that his is therefore the most impressive ?

Can't be arsed if you think that's what qualifies Martinez to be given a chance at us

I don't get the argument that Martinez will be good because he can set up his team to play attacking football..... It is pretty easy to set up a team to attack... Defending is the difficult part...... The key is too get a balance, of which Martinez obviously sucks at....

Can't be arsed if you think that's what qualifies Martinez to be given a chance at us

Im not convinced on martinez and I'm certainly not banging the drum For him but in but I'm also not convinced the relegation means therefore he's crap to be honest .

The Martinez 'hype' is coming because the alternatives seem to be Lennon, Mackay, Neville or Stubbs.

I think there is something in that to be honest but the RS had exactly the same problem last year whilst spurs appointed the manager sacked by Chelsea & United have appointed a manager whose never won a trophy . The short list at present for top managerial jobs isn't exactly the most stunning I've ever seen but I'm not sure we can blame anyone for that .

Last edited:
Im not convinced on martinez and I'm certainly not banging the drum For him but in but I'm also not convinced the relegation means therefore he's crap to be honest .

I think there is something in that to be honest but the RS had exactly the same problem last year whilst spurs appointed the manager sacked by Chelsea whilst United have appointed a manager whose never won a trophy . The short list at present for top managerial jobs isn't exactly the most stunning I've ever seen but I'm not sure we can blame anyone for that .

The rs could have went for ABV as well and chose Rogers over him, crazy.

And the fact that he likes to play three at the back might have something to do with it aswell.

Any of you stat guys out there know anything about this??
I mean he must be the only manager in the prem to play it (apart from city's disastrous trials with it)

Has he done all over his 4 yrs?
Or has it just been this season when all his injuries struck?
If not, given the goals they'v conceded can he not see it doesn't work ?

In defence

Howard
Jagielka heitinga distin
Coleman Baines
Felliani Gibson

Mirrallas Anichebe. Pienaar

In attack

Gibson sits and sprays passes, felli pushes on
Pienaar moves I middle and creates like maloney
And mirrallas cuts in and stays out wide like mcmannan

Any of you stat guys out there know anything about this??
I mean he must be the only manager in the prem to play it (apart from city's disastrous trials with it)

Has he done all over his 4 yrs?
Or has it just been this season when all his injuries struck?
If not, given the goals they'v conceded can he not see it doesn't work ?
Havent Rodgers tried 3 at the back this season as well

I've voted for Vitor, don't know much about him and never really watch Porto. The list is not inspiring at all, but his record with Porto is good and he has been forced to sell his best players ( An environment similar to us ) and replace them with talent for a fraction of the price.

He fits the moneyball strategy by our inept board.

For those who know their formations, what would our line up look like if we lined up the same formation Martinez likes to use.

According to eplindex.com :

everton-possession.jpg

edit: OH GOD IT'S HUGE

I think there is something in that to be honest but the RS had exactly the same problem last year whilst spurs appointed the manager sacked by Chelsea & United have appointed a manager whose never won a trophy . The short list at present for top managerial jobs isn't exactly the most stunning I've ever seen but I'm not sure we can blame anyone for that .

Nobody is saying the relegation makes him crap.

People ARE saying that five years of his teams getting webbed everywhere and him seemingly being unable to arrest their most crucial problems (particularly in defence) make him a crap manager.

People ARE saying that consistently sub-45 points over five years is dismal and he should be considered crap.

people ARE saying that he has done really well to get relegated in a PL season when he has only finished above QPR and Reading and with a truly abysmal Sunderland side above him.

It's absolute rubbish to say the short list isn't inspiring. Sure, if you are just casting your net in a shallow pool, the catch is going to be ****, but with a world full of coaches and managers maybe we can all afford to dream a little bigger than Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back