Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is saying the relegation makes him crap.

People ARE saying that five years of his teams getting webbed everywhere and him seemingly being unable to arrest their most crucial problems (particularly in defence) make him a crap manager.

People ARE saying that consistently sub-45 points over five years is dismal and he should be considered crap.

people ARE saying that he has done really well to get relegated in a PL season when he has only finished above QPR and Reading and with a truly abysmal Sunderland side above him.

It's absolute rubbish to say the short list isn't inspiring. Sure, if you are just casting your net in a shallow pool, the catch is going to be ****, but with a world full of coaches and managers maybe we can all afford to dream a little bigger than Martinez

I'm Not sure where the anger comes from towards me there I'm not looking for an argument .

If we can collect a more inspiring short list , who are your half dozen realistic targets ?

Another thing - the summer after Radzinski and Rooney left, our squad was bloody awful on paper (Marcus bent, Pistone, Kilbane) and yet that side finished 4th then 11th. No way in the world that squad was, on paper, massively superior to every single one of the squads that Martinez has had for each of his five seasons.

But what was the difference? Moyes knew how to get the best from them. Martinez however managed to get his relegated and consistently in the bottom 5 or 6.

How can be people want Martinez appointed.

Martinez's Wigan have a sh*te defence cause Martinez has brought in sh*te defenders. There is very little left in that Wigan team where he can now say it isn't his player. Yes he can attack, but it dont mean a thing when your getting battered every week. Theyve been relegated cause they are the third worst team in the league.

There is only one team in Liverpool I would like to see Martinez at, and it ain't Everton, Cammell Lairds, or Marine.

That's two mate.

I'm Not sure where the anger comes from towards me there I'm not looking for an argument .

If we can collect a more inspiring short list , who are your half dozen realistic targets ?

Realistic?

Are we paying Moyes level of wages still? If so, there are plenty. Starting with Pereira.
I'd even put Eddie Howe on a short list above Martinez

It's only been a week as well, i thought the anger and vitriol would have taken 2 weeks before it came out.

Imagine what it will be like in June if no manager has been named, it will be wild on here. I initially thought Mad Max 2 levels, but i'm now thinking of the classic Anime feature film "Fist of the North Star"

Eddie Howe left Burnley in the Championship to manager Bournemouth for family reasons. Whilst he is an up-and-coming manager, will he leave Bournemouth if he went back there for a reason?

Another thing - the summer after Radzinski and Rooney left, our squad was bloody awful on paper (Marcus bent, Pistone, Kilbane) and yet that side finished 4th then 11th. No way in the world that squad was, on paper, massively superior to every single one of the squads that Martinez has had for each of his five seasons.

But what was the difference? Moyes knew how to get the best from them. Martinez however managed to get his relegated and consistently in the bottom 5 or 6.

what about the season before that. We finished 17th with the lowest ever points total in the clubs history. In another season that may have got us relegated.

2004-05 squad:

1 England GK Richard Wright
2 England DF Steve Watson
3 Italy DF Alessandro Pistone
4 England DF Alan Stubbs
5 Scotland DF David Weir (captain)
6 Spain MF Mikel Arteta (on loan from Real Sociedad)
7 England FW Marcus Bent
8 England FW James Beattie
10 Scotland FW Duncan Ferguson
11 Scotland FW James McFadden
14 Republic of Ireland MF Kevin Kilbane
15 Scotland DF Gary Naysmith
17 Australia MF Tim Cahill
20 Nigeria DF Joseph Yobo
21 England MF Leon Osman
22 England DF Tony Hibbert
23 Australia DF Eddy Bosnar
24 France MF Guillaume Plessis
25 England GK Nigel Martyn
26 Republic of Ireland MF Lee Carsley[2]
31 England FW James Vaughan

Far better than anything Martinez has had to work with.

Someone like lescott to cover baines and James McCartney to be the bugger cm.

I was thinking fer myself, as I think McCarthy may be a tad expensive. It osman could cover pienaar position aswell, as it's not reliant on pace. And maybe some cover with pace on the right maybe Sinclair on loan with option to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back