Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

After Wigan's relegation last night I'm more convinced then ever that Kenwrog will go in for Martinez. It would cost hardly anything to get him now. He wouldn't ask for much cash to spend and he'lll be the perfect yes man for billy Lair. The sad fact is that I'd rather have Martinez then Big Dunc (maybe in a few years but not now, no way!).

Martinez has had time to at least you would think build a defense capable of defending. Is he that stubborn or naive to believe his 3 at the back works when no one else really plays it? And that the massive amount of goals conceded could be down to his own tactics?

I seriously don't think Wigan would be going down to the championship if moyes had been in charge there the last 4 yrs. granted they prob wouldn't of won the cup like.....

Didn't want Martinez, then warmed to the idea but gota say I've definately gone off the idea again. Think he needs a move somewhere else first, maybe a Fulham or simlar before he takes on a top 6 side. Too much of a gamble for me I think.

The Porto guy is also a massive gamble tho. It's alot harder in the PL to buy promising players from unknown places and turn them into top players. The compitition is too tough to allow for that time. He would also want to change all the coaching staff and ways of Everton which I don't think is the right route.

Tbf the short list is looking quite unsinspiring IMO.

I have heard, and believe, that being stubborn is not one of his particular personality traits. I've actually heard that he is considered quite the opposite.

What we really need is a manager to come in, holding an 8 page dossier on how he will improve the team. Through passing......

Or somebody else.

Amongst others Brian Clough , arsene wenger , Rafael Benitez & joe royle have all been relegated however tony pullis never has . I presume cv wise that his is therefore the most impressive ?
Sheeds, are you not concerned that Martinez appears incapable of being flexible with his tactics and formation to tighten up and stop shipping goals at an alarming rate? You don't need world class defenders either you just have to play a certain way. His goals against column for both Swansea and Wigan in each and every season he's been in charge is staggeringly bad. But he refuses to budge on his philosophy of playing his way and the goals just keep on flowing in. That's poor management.

Sheeds, are you not concerned that Martinez appears incapable of being flexible with his tactics and formation to tighten up and stop shipping goals at an alarming rate? You don't need world class defenders either you just have to play a certain way. His goals against column for both Swansea and Wigan in each and every season he's been in charge is staggeringly bad. But he refuses to budge on his philosophy of playing his way and the goals just keep on flowing in. That's poor management.

Klopp also went down with a team he managed, what we're trying to point out is we shouldn't judge Martinez on taking his team down.

Klopp also went down with a team he managed, what we're trying to point out is we shouldn't judge Martinez on taking his team down.
I'm not, I'm judging him on his obvious inability to organise a defence and stop shipping goals by the lorry load EVERY single season. Steve Bruce had the 6th best defensive record with Wigan in his last season in charge. Martinez took over and the very next season they had the second worst. Speaks volumes.

Jags has answered it there for me mate , I'm not a huge supporter of Martinez but I think to dismiss him on the back of the relegation is potentially short-sighted. If he'd stated up by one point & one the FA Cup I think he'd be perceived as good the relation takes the shine off but again trying to be fair if he'd been beaten in the final he'd probably be further down many lists.

I think all it does is Illustrate the fine margins at play really .

Maybe if spoken to he'll explain how you work with your players available and 'try' and find a manageable system , on the flexibly point I know he's been criticised by some (me included) for a perception he can be weak . Part of the evidence for that is he changed the system last year when some say he was pressured by his backroom . Now that could be perceived as either weak or flexible I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back