Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's impossible to not warm to sexyfutgol if its played in the right areas of the pitch, with the right components. I mean if I saw Jagielka doing stepovers I'd worry about the sanity of the system. If I saw Mirrallas doing round the worlds before dispatching the ball in the net from a scorpion kick, that would be an improvement.
SAMBA FUTBOL IN!
Joga Bonita or something.

I just googled Joga Bonita and liked it alot.

Why did he buy them then? and how did Bruce get the best out of Boyce and Scharner?

Steve Bruce had Wilson Palacios, Antonio Valencia, Charles N'zogbia, Emile Heskey, Amr Zaki, Mido and Hugo Rodallega to take the pressure away from his defence plus he had an in form Bramble and Maynor Figueroa as well as Chris Kirkland at a period he was being touted as and England goalkeeper. All of these players were stripped from Martinez and that would of brought anyone down straight away. He kept them up for four years and won an FA cup deservedly.

benitez is a cl winner, la liga winner

dont be ridiculous mate, i hate the waiter as much as anyone but hes in a different class to martinez

Sure. But the idea that he'd guarentee us trophies is bollocks. Give him a top class squad and an unlimited chequebook and he somtimes gets you trophies.

Martinez won something with a massive massive underdog having spent no money at all, that's probably the more useful precdent than beating a team from africa with the best team in italy's history.

Steve Bruce had Wilson Palacios, Antonio Valencia, Charles N'zogbia, Emile Heskey, Amr Zaki, Mido and Hugo Rodallega to take the pressure away from his defence plus he had an in form Bramble and Maynor Figueroa as well as Chris Kirkland at a period he was being touted as and England goalkeeper. All of these players were stripped from Martinez and that would of brought anyone down straight away. He kept them up for four years and won an FA cup deservedly.

I often wonder if Martinez made a mistake selling bramble, tbh. 1 million was an offer he could have turned down.

Rafael won the Italian version of the charity shield and the World Club Cup with Inter. Neither of which he can take much credit for as one of his first games was the Supercopa thingy, and the WCC is sh*te lets be honest.

Martinez won the FA Cup with Wigan ffs.

And Bentiez won the CL with RS ffs. **** team, got lucky and won it.

Listen I don't care, argue with me util your black and blue in the face; I've seen Everton win the league twice, ECWC and the FA Cup twice; can you remember these days???

I am fed up of being a nothing team, I don't give a flying **** what he's done at other clubs, but between all the other crap that we are being linked to, he his the only one that has handled big occasions and big players as well as winning trophies against massive clubs.

I want to taste success again, maybe you don't, but i'm prepared to sell my soul to get it

Sure. But the idea that he'd guarentee us trophies is bollocks. Give him a top class squad and an unlimited chequebook and he somtimes gets you trophies.

Martinez won something with a massive massive underdog having spent no money at all, that's probably the more useful precdent than beating a team from africa with the best team in italy's history.

You talk utter rubbish, so what he did at Valenica was nothing then??? RS are the only ones who really give him an open cheque book and thats when he lost control.

Go ahead get Martinez in, all because he won the FA Cup, a cup competition that relies on luck and fortune. What happend with the other 38 games in a league season??? Oh yes, he got relegated.

You talk utter rubbish, so what he did at Valenica was nothing then??? RS are the only ones who really give him an open cheque book and thats when he lost control.

Go ahead get Martinez in, all because he won the FA Cup, a cup competition that relies on luck and fortune. What happend with the other 38 games in a league season??? Oh yes, he got relegated.

So did Joe Royle with Oldham before he came back to Everton the next season and won us a trophy.

Just sayin!

That's a bit harsh, isn't it?

The valencia team he inherited had been runner up in the CL twice in the two years directly before him, ffs.

It doesn't make any difference, he still won La Liga. Thats what you don't get, he delivered silverware which is what I want.

In your lifetime what have you seen Everton lift?

Don't be a [Poor language removed], mate. I want us to win trophies just as much as you do.

But inheriting a team at the top and winning something with them is a different skill to building a winning team. The latter is what we need and Benitez has never done it. He's walked into rich clubs already challenging for trophies and seen them over the line in big games, now I'm not dissing that it's a fine achievment but it isn't what we need.

If we have 30 million to spend this summer would you want Benitez spending it? I won't. He can't build a winning team of his own without spending huge ammounts, he just can't. He's never done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back