Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People do seem to have completely forgotten about Everton's financial limitations. A manager like Benitez, who commands a big salary everywhere he goes, isn't going to put up with a non-existent transfer budget when he knows he could go elsewhere and pick up the same money while being backed in the market.

You're no better than Luis Suarez you success hungry whore!

I'd rather eat my own bollocks than clap Benitez at our club. [Poor language removed] that.

And you call yourself an Evertonian. It was fantastic watching Everton lift the league, its something that'll never leave me and something you'll probably never see, thats why i'd eat my bollocks for success. Obviously the difference between us 2.

i dont think we should play 343 the formation we play now is fine and its not worth learning a whole new system. what we do need is a positive manager that can build on what we have got not someone who wants to change everything.

The thing that bothers me about Martinez is that now that the season has finshed, he really had no excuses not to keep them up - my reasoning for this, QPR and Reading as it turned out were absolute dog turd therefore he only had to finish above one other team to stay up, lets take Norwich as an example, IMO norwich have arguably the weakest 11/squad in the prem this year (including dog turd QPR/Reading), Hughton who only came in this season started off poorly by leaking goals left right and centre, he addressed that by achieving a load of nil nils and bored his way to safety, job done, no one can justifyingly (is that a word it looks funny) criticise him for that

Martinez on the other hand started off this term having been at the helm for a few years, so its pretty much his own squad that he's built and as i mentioned earlier IMO are a stronger squad than norwich.......so as i said at the outset no excuses really, is that the standard we're lookign to bring in???

Get Slavan in

Steve Bruce had Wilson Palacios, Antonio Valencia, Charles N'zogbia, Emile Heskey, Amr Zaki, Mido and Hugo Rodallega to take the pressure away from his defence plus he had an in form Bramble and Maynor Figueroa as well as Chris Kirkland at a period he was being touted as and England goalkeeper. All of these players were stripped from Martinez and that would of brought anyone down straight away. He kept them up for four years and won an FA cup deservedly.

He didn't lose all of those players in one hit & his side conceded 79 league goals, the season after Bruce's side conceded 45.

To put the reason for that for losing a couple of attacking players that summer, is avoiding the reality.

Every manager makes some bad buys in their time.If making a bad signing disqualified a manager then there wouldn't be a club with a manager.
SAF paid 30 m for Veron and he was useless(in the premiership)
David Moyes also bought a few turkeys in his time.

Nevertheless,the fact remains that the team that won the FA cup and was then relegated cost 8m pounds,which is substantially less than McCarthy will make if he is sold.

Wigan is a tiny club by comparision with Everton,in the pastwe saw AJ being flown by helicopter to Wigan in an attempt to sign him,but he simply travelled from Wigan straight to Liverpool and signed for Everton.In the past we have lost out on players like Ramsey and Powell because of the pull of bigger and richer clubs.
In the premiership everybody was bigger,richer and better supported than Wigan.

Martinez may or may not be a contender for the Everton job, only time will tell if he would be a success.But ,at least we should recognise the problems and difficulties that he worked under at Wigan where he lost his best players on an annual basis.We should also recognise that winning the FA cup was an enormous acheivement for him.Their win away to Everton was outstanding,only surpassed by their final win.

It hurts like hell; all them feelings of winning stuff, being so close to kings of Europe, Mersey Millionaires and now fans want Eddie goddamn Howe in charge. I would sell anything for silverware

Who would you go for Ralphy??

Laudrup mate. He won a trophy with a small financial outlay (blows Moyes excuse out of the water). But most of all I like the way he sets his teams up to play football. He can play an open expansive game, a direct pacey game or shut up shop and hit teams on the break. They beat Chelsea and Arsenal away as well. He seems to tick all the boxes. Obviously his release fee is a stumbling block but if he's the right man, pay it and then put a high release fee in his new contract. Cos if he left us it'd be to a massive rich club most likely.

Who would you go for?

It does hurt like hell mate. One of my best memories of Everton is watching us win the league with my Dad against QPR. My Dad had followed us everywhere and seen us win things, so it was a special moment, even better than the cup wins. There's nothing like winning the league. I've got kids myself now and I'd love to be able to share some of that with them.

Just a taught here if it's to be Martinez surely some sort of announcement will be made so Wigan fans can say there goodbyes to him on Sunday... Just a taught as I say

There seems to be a divide in opinion between two generations of evertonians.
I would not welcome Benetiz here personally. He has belittled us, he isn't the best suited to us and he'd waste incredibly precious resources that we can't afford him to waste.

Even relatively, Jewell had the third smallest wage bill each year. Nobody else in either of the seasons he was there spent less in combined wages and transfers and stayed up.

This is the first year since then when Wigan haven't had a bigger wage bill than at least three other teams. If agents are good at their job and players on more money are better than players on less, than wigan should have been good enough to stay up every year they did apart from jewell's two.

Did Jewell suffer as much with injuries as Wigan have this season? To be fair to Martinez when he was rattling off those names last night you couldn't help but feel for him.

Laudrup mate. He won a trophy with a small financial outlay (blows Moyes excuse out of the water). But most of all I like the way he sets his teams up to play football. He can play an open expansive game, a direct pacey game or shut up shop and hit teams on the break. They beat Chelsea and Arsenal away as well. He seems to tick all the boxes. Obviously his release fee is a stumbling block but if he's the right man, pay it and then put a high release fee in his new contract. Cos if he left us it'd be to a massive rich club most likely.

Who would you go for?

It does hurt like hell mate. One of my best memories of Everton is watching us win the league with my Dad against QPR. My Dad had followed us everywhere and seen us win things, so it was a special moment, even better than the cup wins. There's nothing like winning the league. I've got kids myself now and I'd love to be able to share some of that with them.

Laudrup as well, but he ain't coming and thats the only reason i'm backing Benitez. I'm unsure over the Porto manager, and Martinez makes me so uneasy, something just doesn't sit right with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back