Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you want then????

In theory, if someone offered Benitez taking over and winning 4 pieces of Silverware in 6 years what would you say?? Would you still say no?

Anybody but Benitez to be honest. I'm not really qualified to critically assess managers, there's plenty of people been mentioned who I'd have over him.

It's not about success, it's about having a bit of pride and dignity, something which is a hallmark of our club.

And I'd say no. Because there's not even a 1/1000000 chance that Benitez would manage to achieve that with our club, so it's not something I can really consider.

But even so I'd still say no.

Let's use an analogy. Imagine someone you despise has a pretty fit girlfriend, she's all "Haha you ugly [Poor language removed], you'll never get someone as good as me". A few years later low and behold she's been f*cked off for sniffing coke and spending all her BF's money on utter sh*te, you've gotten a bit fat, your hairline is receding and you think, "I could have a go of that, afterall, I probably won't get any better"

Yeah?

Anybody but Benitez to be honest. I'm not really qualified to critically assess managers, there's plenty of people been mentioned who I'd have over him.

It's not about success, it's about having a bit of pride and dignity, something which is a hallmark of our club.

And I'd say no. Because there's not even a 1/1000000 chance that Benitez would manage to achieve that with our club, so it's not something I can really consider.

But even so I'd still say no.

Let's use an analogy. Imagine someone you despise has a pretty fit girlfriend, she's all "Haha you ugly [Poor language removed], you'll never get someone as good as me". A few years later low and behold she's been f*cked off for sniffing coke and spending all her BF's money on utter sh*te, you've gotten a bit fat, your hairline is receding and you think, "I could have a go of that, afterall, I probably won't get any better"

Yeah?

you been reading my online blog mate?

Martinez fans...yes you.

Why not champion Houghton to be the next manager.

Small Time club, small time budget like Wigan , kept Norwich up......where is the problem? like for like right.

I don’t know anything about the Porto bloke really so couldn’t say. All I know is those leagues don’t tend to be as competitive as the English leagues because you have a lot of really small clubs amongst them. My mate is a season ticket holder at Sporting and I’ve asked him, but he’s not replied yet. I know he’s not been happy with Sporting though for a few years.

To be honest I think Martinez is getting an unfair ride on here. The more I hear him speak or hear people in the game speak about him, the more I warm to him. I think it’s unfair to judge him solely on Wigan’s results given how small a club they really are. He’s done an incredible job to win the FA Cup but then got relegated a few days later. It’s a tough one.

Why won’t Laudrup come? I honestly think if we made a move, the job could be attractive for him. Swansea are in Europe next season, but do they have the squad to be able to cope? Look at Newcastle this season. Their wage bill is ~half of ours, so the players you’re looking at are different. He’s jumped around a few times already in his managerial career, he may feel this is the right time to get out of Swansea, and with Everton having some big earners leaving and some saleable assets, increased tv money and a patient chairman, it’s certainly not a bad job.

What concerns me with Martinez is what happend to Mike Walker, the size of the club totally shocked him, the fan base, the media attention; people in this city live football and I don't know if he could handle it. I like the way they play, its attacking and pleasing on the eye. But its if he can handle the big players, attract the bigger players and handle the pressure of the job which is making me a bit unsure. Yes he won the cup, but 38 games doesn't lie, and he's took them down. As said before winning the cup is luck and fortune; it is down to the luck of the draw basically. I'm not denying they didn't deserve it in the final.

Laudrup; in all honesty I think he wants to see what he can do with Swansea next year; it may be different if we offer him double wages. But seeing him on MOTD I honestly got the feeling that hes quite contempt with life at Swansea at the minute and prepared to see what he can do there

big dunc - pride
martinez - dignity
neville - professionalism
pereira - style
benitez - theres a fly in my soup

which is it to be ?

Martinez fans...yes you.

Why not champion Houghton to be the next manager.

Small Time club, small time budget like Wigan , kept Norwich up......where is the problem? like for like right.

Houghton didn't wina cup final vs the most expensive squad ever assembled in england.

The general verdict of the current everton team is that we're very good but we tend to resort to hoofball too often when we're capable of very pleasing stuff, we can be too defensive and negative in away games and we get nervous and perform badly in big cup games.

Martinez is an attacking manager, who demands passing football and his team produced the best two performances of their season in big cup games where they were calm and composed.

Hughton isn't any of those things.

Correct and I am sure the Wigan fans will always remember that whey play seaside football teams next season.

I think you do real football fans a disservice with such comments.
There was football before sky.
Winning the FA Cup is a big deal.

Pereira is by far the best choice.

Only lost one league game in 2 seasons.

Likes attacking pressing football.

Admires creative players.

May bring some exciting Porto players with him.

Has connections in South America.

Has a winning attitude.

Is intelligent and great tactician.

Can help us press for champions league.

Martinez = relegation = loser.

Vote Pereira!

Correct and I am sure the Wigan fans will always remember that when play seaside football teams next season.

Given loads of them can remember them being a non-league team, an FA Cup win would have been something they'd probably never even dreamed of before.

3 teams get promoted every year out of a division of 24 clubs. Wigan will by no means be the smallest club in that division either. I'd say it's probably easier for them to get promoted than it would be to win an FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back