Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who are shouting the fat spanish waiter are the bad of the bad . Dont know who has being suppliying the crack around here but its certainly doing a good job . He managed our worst rivals hes **** talked our club . If he came he would be making us the laughing stock of the league . Its making us sound weak

We're a weird club about relegation, because it has happened to us only twice and the last time 60 odd years ago we treat it like the worst thing that could ever happen.

But I have friends who support yo-yo clubs and lower league clubs and it's just a thing they deal with. They'd all willingly get relegated four times for one cup and consider themselevs happy with the trade.

My boyfriend's father is a huge sunderland fan and they last won something in 1973. He still goes on about it. Stokoe managed almost entirely in the second flight and when he did get them promoted they came straight back down again but he values him far more than all the managers who kept them in the prem like bruce and keane. And quite rightly too.

Trophies are what fans remember.

We're a club that prides our selves on our history though, and part of that history is being the longest serving club in the top flight. I for one would be totally devastated if we were relegated. That isn't what Everton are about, we're not a yo yo club. We're a club that should be competing at the top end of the table, not winning a trophy then flopping out of the top flight.

I remember winning shiny things in the '80's, I remember being utter gash in the '90's. I don't look back at the '90's and think none of it mattered because we won a cup, it was a depressing time.

Last edited:

Whelan pisses me off, i don't know why he makes comments like that other then coming across as scared. I hate the way he says were a small club but then when he's live on TV bangs on about how much of a respectable club we are etc.

"He has had numerous offers. There's clubs bigger than Everton looking at Roberto every season because he's a quality manager."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...z-in-demand-admits-Wigan-chairman-Dave-Whelan

Hmmm I'm not so sure about that Dave mate.

Yeh I bet Man City (bigger only through recent finances) and Porto are considering Martinez. I bet if Pereira joins us the Porto Board will be itching to speak to Martinez.

Someone should get on talksport and shoot Dave Whelan down. He talks as if he's Real Madrid chairman.

I'm guessing Allardyce wouldn't be a popular choice, and seems he's not available anyway. But according to the guy who does the Fink Tank stats column in the Times, only 3 managers have consistently 'outperformed the money' in the Prem - Ferguson, Moyes and Allardyce.

Dave Whelan once again is on sky sports news again at 4pm [ish],why dont they just give him a presenter job as hes on more than half of the presenter's.

Just cannot warm to Martinez, Wigan has the worst defence record in the PL. Okay maybe there have been injuries but that record is a reflection on Martinez. There are big clubs looking for a manager per Dave, Fulham? Brighton? Man City? we are not big enough, ask DW.

Honestly would rather have Pip or Dunc.

Think the faves Pereira and Laudrup are non starters unfortunately, just ask BK.

I'm guessing Allardyce wouldn't be a popular choice, and seems he's not available anyway. But according to the guy who does the Fink Tank stats column in the Times, only 3 managers have consistently 'outperformed the money' in the Prem - Ferguson, Moyes and Allardyce.

Signed a new deal with West Ham last week.

Also, that would be terrible.

We're a club that prides our selves on our history though, and part of that history is being the longest serving club in the top flight. I for one would be totally devastated if we were relegated. That isn't what Everton are about, we're not a yo yo club. We're a club that should be competing at the top end of the table, not winning a trophy then flopping out of the top flight.

I remember winning shiny things in the '80's, I remember being utter gash in the '90's. I don't look back at the '90's and think none of it mattered because we won a cup, it was a depressing time.

I was commenting on wigan not everton though.

Someone had implied that wigan fans wouldn't be grateful to martinez for winning the cup next year when they wouldn't be in the prem any more.

And I find that kind of laugable, it's a very everton view, not at all the way wigan fans would see it.

if we want martinez i think we will know by the end of the week. if it takes longer i think we are after pereira. we have to much class to go and disrupt him right before 2 massive games for porto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back