Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given loads of them can remember them being a non-league team, an FA Cup win would have been something they'd probably never even dreamed of before.

3 teams get promoted every year out of a division of 24 clubs. Wigan will by no means be the smallest club in that division either. I'd say it's probably easier for them to get promoted than it would be to win an FA Cup.

We're a weird club about relegation, because it has happened to us only twice and the last time 60 odd years ago we treat it like the worst thing that could ever happen.

But I have friends who support yo-yo clubs and lower league clubs and it's just a thing they deal with. They'd all willingly get relegated four times for one cup and consider themselevs happy with the trade.

My boyfriend's father is a huge sunderland fan and they last won something in 1973. He still goes on about it. Stokoe managed almost entirely in the second flight and when he did get them promoted they came straight back down again but he values him far more than all the managers who kept them in the prem like bruce and keane. And quite rightly too.

Trophies are what fans remember.

Given loads of them can remember them being a non-league team, an FA Cup win would have been something they'd probably never even dreamed of before.

3 teams get promoted every year out of a division of 24 clubs. Wigan will by no means be the smallest club in that division either. I'd say it's probably easier for them to get promoted than it would be to win an FA Cup.

Can't disagree with that. If I was a Wigan fan I'd rather win the fa cup and get relegated that just finish 17th again. They'll probably enjoy watching their team win a few more games next season than they would if they had stayed up again anyway.

The way I see it is, people have been swayed by the inevitability factor that has been fed to us by the media regarding Martinez. The fact people think he turned down Liverpool is working in his favour, and they're carrying on like he gets Wigan to play like Barcelona when he doesn't. Dave Whelan has done a good job of making Martinez seem like Mourinho. Which is ridiculous.

Please people stop mentioning Martinez. Lets wait for the end of the Portugese season and hope Pereira is interested in joining Everton. The stories have surfaced in Portugal too so lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Pereira for me first choice. Alternatively, how about Phil Neville with the soon to be available Brian Kidd alongside him for experience? Combine that with the likes of Sheedy/Ferguson/Stubbs to coach in and around the first team/reserves/academy. Think Phil would be a good figure and instill the right attitude. If he has the right coaches around him, could be a really good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back